Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe McKnight ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe McKnight ~ ~ ~

> [url]http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ryan-sees-bigger-role-for-jets-mcknight-1.2776944[/url]

~ ~ i hope this works our better than " the ghost " :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he'll finally get a chance to shut up the jet haters and some jets fans about the jets cutting Danny Givehead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    have to subscribe to read....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many McKnight ball lickers were also Gholston ball lickers back in ther day. The rhetoric surely does sound familiar.

When he is finally given another chance to NOT FUMBLE the damned ball I hope he does as better job than he did first time around. That also goes for finally getting the chance to show up to camp in shape like pretty much everyone else does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;3986295]> [URL]http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ryan-sees-bigger-role-for-jets-mcknight-1.2776944[/URL]

~ ~ i hope this works our better than " the ghost " :([/QUOTE]

Why not post the whole artice since it requires a subscription.

And the Ghost was the #6 pick not the 125th or whatever number McKnight was in the 4th round...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;3986488]I wonder how many McKnight ball lickers were also Gholston ball lickers back in ther day. The rhetoric surely does sound familiar.

When he is finally given another chance to NOT FUMBLE the damned ball I hope he does as better job than he did first time around. That also goes for finally getting the chance to show up to camp in shape like pretty much everyone else does.[/QUOTE]

What McKnight did in that game against Buffalo transcended everything Gholston has done in his entire career, put together. It may or may not be a harbinger of things to come, but McKnight has produced in a real NFL game. you can't say that about Gholston.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;3986488]I wonder how many McKnight ball lickers were also Gholston ball lickers back in ther day. The rhetoric surely does sound familiar.

When he is finally given another chance to NOT FUMBLE the damned ball I hope he does as better job than he did first time around. That also goes for finally getting the chance to show up to camp in shape like pretty much everyone else does.[/QUOTE]

Good lord, the two are not comparable.

McKnight didn't fumble in his only chance in the regular season and rushed well (albeit his numbers were roughly average against the Bills) when he was on the field.

There's no question he started poorly, but his rookie season was pretty standard for a 4th round rookie RB.

9 RBs were drafted in the 3rd round or later.
    McKnight was one of 2 RBs who had more than 200 total yards (He was 2nd in total Yards, Rushing Yards, and carries, the leader, Anthony Dixon had 70 carries and 237 Yards).

Combine that with the fact he was behind a re-energized Ladanian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene and the expected output is a little crazy.

He has actually produced more than Gholston did already. But Gholston was the #6 pick.

88 Running backs have been drafted in the 3rd round or later since 2005.
    27 have not played a down
    another 21 have rushed for less yards in their career than McKnight did last season
    1 rushed for the same
    Another 20 have rushed for less than 1,000 yards in their careers

18 late round RBs (3rd or later) have 1,000+ yards in their career of RBs drafted in the last 6 years.

But comparing a 4th rounder to Gholston is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fumble? Oh you mean Shonn Greene and Santonio Holmes. Got it! John Conner fumbled as well. I guess you failed to mention that! How come we do not see you acting like a personnel manager concerning those guys? Err did you forget Cotchery fumbling as well. Gee can fumbling be a part of football? Lets see now, the guy passed his conditioning drill the very next day from when he first failed it. He must have worked pretty darn hard in order to get in shape overnight. According to your vast knowledge of the NFL, was McKnight the first player to ever fail his first conditioning drill? What a major embarassment he was. Rex is so stupid not to consult with you in these matters! Thanks for your vast expertise in these matters!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3986566]Good lord, the two are not comparable.

McKnight didn't fumble in his only chance in the regular season and rushed well (albeit his numbers were roughly average against the Bills) when he was on the field.

There's no question he started poorly, but his rookie season was pretty standard for a 4th round rookie RB.

9 RBs were drafted in the 3rd round or later.
    McKnight was one of 2 RBs who had more than 200 total yards (He was 2nd in total Yards, Rushing Yards, and carries, the leader, Anthony Dixon had 70 carries and 237 Yards).

Combine that with the fact he was behind a re-energized Ladanian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene and the expected output is a little crazy.

He has actually produced more than Gholston did already. But Gholston was the #6 pick.

88 Running backs have been drafted in the 3rd round or later since 2005.
    27 have not played a down
    another 21 have rushed for less yards in their career than McKnight did last season
    1 rushed for the same
    Another 20 have rushed for less than 1,000 yards in their careers

18 late round RBs (3rd or later) have 1,000+ yards in their career of RBs drafted in the last 6 years.

But comparing a 4th rounder to Gholston is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Well said but its useless trying to make the McKnight haters understand anything. They think they know everything and they are the final authority on personnel matters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it appears to me that some of our resident joe benigno gloom and doom jet fans --- "41 yeaz uf pain and suffering and consoins" have already written off McKnight along with Ducasse and Wilson and, in fact, declared the entire 2010 draft a BUST

just for the record -- a draftee named Tom Brady was so inept in his first training camp with the Patriots that the great genius of all geniuses had him third on the depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe, the starter and the always memorable Michael Bishop, the backup

In his rookie season, Matt Slaussen of the Jets barely was activated and those same gloomers wrote him off as a BUST --- last year he started at LG and outplayed the aging former pro-bowler that he replaced.

Other Jet stalwarts such as Brandon Moore, Jericho Cotchery, Eric and Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Sione Pouha, Bryan Thomas -- many more where similarly WRITTEN OFF AS BUSTS after their rookie seasons.

IMO the Jets 2010 class with the possible exception of Ducasse, of whom I am most doubtlful, -- in other words, Wilson, Conner and McKnight will all be major contributors in 2011 and potentially probowlers at their positions beginning in 2012

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3986539]What McKnight did in that game against Buffalo transcended everything Gholston has done in his entire career, put together. It may or may not be a harbinger of things to come, but McKnight has produced in a real NFL game. you can't say that about Gholston.[/QUOTE]
    I was responding to the "maybe now he will get a chance" stupidity. That was the same nonsense we heard around here for nearly three years with Vernon Gholston.

Maybe he will work out and maybe he wont. Buffalo was a good start but that team was already on vacation by the time they suited up for the Jets and they were the worst run defense in the NFL even when they were trying to win games. Nice start but lets not hang our hats on that one.

Otherwise he came to camp out of shape and he looked slow and lethargic on the few occasions when he did get into a game. If he ends up working out then good for us. The 2010 early returns were pretty unimpressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3986621]it appears to me that some of our resident joe benigno gloom and doom jet fans --- "41 yeaz uf pain and suffering and consoins" have already written off McKnight along with Ducasse and Wilson and, in fact, declared the entire 2010 draft a BUST

just for the record -- a draftee named Tom Brady was so inept in his first training camp with the Patriots that the great genius of all geniuses had him third on the depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe, the starter and the always memorable Michael Bishop, the backup

In his rookie season, Matt Slaussen of the Jets barely was activated and those same gloomers wrote him off as a BUST --- last year he started at LG and outplayed the aging former pro-bowler that he replaced.

Other Jet stalwarts such as Brandon Moore, Jericho Cotchery, Eric and Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Sione Pouha, Bryan Thomas -- many more where similarly WRITTEN OFF AS BUSTS after their rookie seasons.

IMO the Jets 2010 class with the possible exception of Ducasse, of whom I am most doubtlful, -- in other words, Wilson, Conner and McKnight will all be major contributors in 2011 and potentially probowlers at their positions beginning in 2012[/QUOTE]
    And you were one of those peddling the same crap about Gholston.

Let's not anoint Joe McKnight to anything until he actually does something instead of the other way around which some twerps in here like to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    all I did is state the facts. Gholston did not develop in year one or two or three.

McKnight showed signs of being a player by the end of year one. As did Wilson. Instant gratification is nice but it rarely happens with rookies in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3986533]

the Ghost was the #6 pick not the 125th or whatever number McKnight was in the 4th round...[/QUOTE]

exactly! that is a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!

thats what people here dont understand.

It was the huge up-front money that Gholston got, that is the cause of all his problems. He aint hungry no more...
    McKnight didnt get anything like that as a 4th rounder...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe's a 4th rounder, it's gravy if he contributes...however, the disturbing thing to me was that when he ran as a traditional HB it was almost like he had never done it before. He was totally uncomfortable finding holes, keeping his legs moving, tucking the ball away, it was like they took a track guy off the street or maybe a wide receiver and told him to run the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;3986631]I was responding to the "maybe now he will get a chance" stupidity. That was the same nonsense we heard around here for nearly three years with Vernon Gholston.

Maybe he will work out and maybe he wont. Buffalo was a good start but that team was already on vacation by the time they suited up for the Jets and they were the worst run defense in the NFL even when they were trying to win games. Nice start but lets not hang our hats on that one.

Otherwise he came to camp out of shape and h[B]e looked slow and lethargic on the few occasions when he did get into a game[/B]. If he ends up working out then good for us. The 2010 early returns were pretty unimpressive.[/QUOTE]

Odd. I don't remember that at all. Are you talking about preseason games? It's clear he wasn't ready at the beginning of training camp. But even if he's a total bust, you are talking about a 4th round pick. About 50% of 4th round draft picks never become a primary starter.

He took a stunning amount of grief for a 4th round pick, and really, he was in the top 1/4 of 4th rounders in their first season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe killed in the Buffalo game. I know it was against scrubs but he murdered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will have more than 500 yards from scrimmage this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EM31;3986631]I was responding to the "maybe now he will get a chance" stupidity. That was the same nonsense we heard around here for nearly three years with Vernon Gholston.

Otherwise he came to camp out of shape and he looked slow and lethargic on the few occasions when he did get into a game. If he ends up working out then good for us. The 2010 early returns were pretty unimpressive.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Just wow.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What disgusts me about McKnight is the up front appearance that he was out of shape, puking his brains out in minicamps. That would indicate someone who didn't give a sh$t about being drafted into one of the best paying, great jobs this country has to offer. It gives the impression that he feels he can take things for granted. This had to be a collegiate player that probably never went near the weight room.

Then, when he's given a chance in the preseason, he fumbles multiple times. So what are you left to think?

In the end, my hope is that we can salvage some sort of decent ST player. But the idea that he could even touch a percent of the player that Leon washington was is ludicrous at best.