Thread: Cleveland Browns Putting Sixth Overall Draft Pick on the Block?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland Browns Putting Sixth Overall Draft Pick on the Block?

Link

The Cleveland Browns are in need at the spots on defensive end side of the ball and at the position of wide receiver. However, Cleveland also may trade the sixth overall pick they have in this year’s NFL Draft. I remember about two drafts ago when Cleveland traded several times, ending up with California center, Alex Mack.

The Browns could find the same success if they are able to trade the pick this year.

“I think we’re open to it this year,” Mike Holmgrentold the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “We have a couple of [needs] I’d like to deal with, specifically. We’d move down for the same reason you’d always trade back.”

Many teams will certainly be interested for Cleveland’s offer. The San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, and the Minnesota Vikings all seem like teams who are interested for the pick. It’s funny, though, because all of these teams have expressed interest in the top two quarterbacks in the draft: Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton.

All of these teams are more than likely to end up with Newton, though, as Gabbert is projected the number one quarterback to be taken off the board, according to many experts. All the following teams would love Newton, but you never know, he could be taken off the board by the Arizona Cardinals.

But if the Cardinals do in fact just stay with Von Miller at the fifth pick, as said by many draft experts, then I guess the sixth overall pick has best chance for landing Newton.

Besides, Cleveland can get the player they want later in the first round. There are a bunch of players like J.J. Watt and Julio Jones that can land with Cleveland even after the sixth overall pick. They can go as back as the twelfth pick, currently the draft pick the Vikings own.

We’ll see what happens, but this is what the rumors say it is: The Cleveland Browns have their sixth overall draft pick on the trade block.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame that Mangini got fired, otherwise we could have sent them the #30 overall pick, plus Erik Ainge, TJ Conley and a signed picture of Vernon Gholston for that #6 overall.

Thanks for Sanchez and Braylon, Mangenius!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see their problem. JJ Watt or Julio Jones is a sweet haul. Just cause mocks say those guys will be there at 15 doesn't mean they will be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what it is they're looking for to move down.

With Holmgren, it has to be fair value and not the wacky package they accepted for Sanchez. Maybe they can move down to 12 with Minnesota then down to 30 with us? Stranger things have happened, right?

I would LOVE to have a shot at JJ Watt.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 03-24-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a wonder anyone can afford a 6th overall pick anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad we don't need a QB this year. Nice to hear these little tidbits though will help with my next mock draft with trades.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take AJ Green at #6 if I were the Browns... The guy is for real!!!! Nobrainer!!! 6'3 212 lbs. The guy is going to be sick from day 1..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I would take AJ Green at #6 if I were the Browns... The guy is for real!!!! Nobrainer!!! 6'3 212 lbs. The guy is going to be sick from day 1..
    No brainer might be correct considering his wonderlich score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No brainer might be correct considering his wonderlich score.
    lol!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw some speculation on the web that the Falcons might be interested in moving to 6 to draft AJ Green and pair him up with Roddy White.

They would have to give up a ton though, I dont buy it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    It's a shame that Mangini got fired, otherwise we could have sent them the #30 overall pick, plus Erik Ainge, TJ Conley and a signed picture of Vernon Gholston for that #6 overall.

Thanks for Sanchez and Braylon, Mangenius!
    Mangenius would have given us something for Gholston, too bad.