Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about Wilkerson with the first and...

How about Wilkerson with the first and...

Kenrick Ellis or Powe with the third? Our DL would be set for years to come. Linebackers and safeties are easier to find in my opinion then quality DL.

Great pass rushers aren't easy to find, last time we had one was in 2005, haven't replaced John Abraham yet. Even blew a 6th overall selection on one.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Great pass rushers aren't easy to find, last time we had one was in 2005, haven't replaced John Abraham yet. Even blew a 6th overall selection on one.
    The weird thing about that is I thought the jets traded Abe bc he didnt fit the 34 defense.

Rex doesn't use linebackers the traditional way, even at Baltimore he would drop Adalius Thomas in coverage a lot. Linebackers need to be very versatile in this system and they need to understand what they're doing out there. I seriously doubt that a linebacker will come in and get 10 sacks for us next season, that ain't happening. The pass rush will improve with a healthy Pace amd hopefully an infusion of strength and youth to that line, they have already said they want Taylor back and Jenks might decide to take less money and stick around. A healthy Jenks will do more for the pass rush than any rookie linebacker will

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    The weird thing about that is I thought the jets traded Abe bc he didnt fit the 34 defense.
    What did Parcells draft him to be.His body was/is maxed out and that is his biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What did Parcells draft him to be.His body was/is maxed out and that is his biggest issue.
    No, Abe was drafted exactly for the 3-4. Abe was only traded because the Salary cap was unbelievably strict at the time, and when you gave contracts out, it had to be to the correct players. Abe showed an extremely bad tendency to get injured and you can't live with that in a strict cap environment. Highest paid players MUST be your best players in that setup.

It was Hugh who was traded mainly because he didn't fit it. And Hugh was also traded primarily because he asked to be traded.

Doubtful...probably more because after watching him get injured all the time here they didn't want to throw big time money at him...instead we got a durable, All Pro C. Plus it helped him out to stay a DE, because as a LB at the time he'd probably end up underpaid. He would probably have went through what Terrell Suggs went through with the Ravens when they tried to tag him as a LB...and again with all those little injuries it'd be just too much of thing here. I'm impressed that one ended so well for everyone. It's so rare to see that happen.

I'd give up baked goods if the Jets traded up for Robert Quinn or Von Miller.

the jets will never see wilkerson at 30.they would have to trade up.in order to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Doubtful...probably more because after watching him get injured all the time here they didn't want to throw big time money at him...instead we got a durable, All Pro C. Plus it helped him out to stay a DE, because as a LB at the time he'd probably end up underpaid. He would probably have went through what Terrell Suggs went through with the Ravens when they tried to tag him as a LB...and again with all those little injuries it'd be just too much of thing here. I'm impressed that one ended so well for everyone. It's so rare to see that happen.

I'd give up baked goods if the Jets traded up for Robert Quinn or Von Miller.
    If we got Miller our D would be DEADLY

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    If we got Miller our D would be DEADLY
    Srsly. Miller is legit. He's the one with the Clay Matthews potential...despite not having long luscious blonde locks.

my choice would be phil taylor n.t in the first round.followed by k.j.wright o.l.b. in the third round.I love both picks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    the jets will never see wilkerson at 30.they would have to trade up.in order to draft him.
    Hyperbolic "never" - it's not like he's an elite prospect. With all the front 7 talent in this draft Wilkerson could be the guy who slips a bit.

All Pro
    We traded his pansy a*s because he would miss an important game with the sniffles every time we needed him.....that and he thought he was worth double the money he was getting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Great call!

All League
    So who do we take in the next round? You seem to be pretty good at predicting. Wait... Your last name doesn't happen to start with T and end in Annenbaum?

All Pro
    Seriously impressive Slik.

Slik, do you mind giving me the powerball numbers for tonight? I promise to buy a luxury suite and whoever wants to come can come

Don't post in here as a rule but am doing now to agree with everyone here who have praised Slik - awesome prescience - if you could have laid a tenner on the Jets scooping those two players you probably would have got a 1000 - 1 odds from a bookie. Great stuff.

All Pro
    Are you a wizard op?

Great call, Slik!