Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's your late round steal of the draft?

Who's your late round steal of the draft?

Im talking about 6th rd and 7th rd steals!!!

Im going to go with NT/DT Chris Neild/ W Va. 6'2 320 lbs...

The guy is ready to play the nose right now for the jets behind Pouha.

All Pro

This guy

Oklahoma
    Adrian Taylor 6'3" 305
    Guy was a player before injuries.Bad ankle followed by achilies tear.Still have his strength and only has to get back his stamina and his confidence.Worth investing a late round pick on and throwing in the conditioning program for a yr.

Dejon Gomes Nebraska
    Karl Klug Iowa
    Noel Devine WVU
    Last edited by HessStation; 03-25-2011 at 10:42 AM.

south alabama WR Courtney Smith is a TO or Marques Colston type of prospect... he's all over the Map but has potential... he's probably 7th rd

arizona dt lolomana mikaele probably doesn't get drafted due to size concerns but I like his game.

west virginia DT Chris Neild is a great name but i've heard him rising lately. I used to hope the Jets pass on the Cam Heywards of the world and take a Chris Neild late but people have caught up on this player. He's a pure hustle guy and dare i say it might be headed for the top 100.

Even though I do not expect him to be drafted at all I'm rooting for Andy Dalton. I have a soft spot in my heart for these small guys and I think Andy could be a pro QB if given a fare shot. He has the skills and instincts he just lacks the build.

All Pro
    I know even less about small school guys than I do BCS conference players, so I'll just stick to guys I've seen play...

RB- Graig Cooper - stud who is coming off a major knee injury
    WR- Kris Durham - think Malcolm Floyd
    LB- Michael Morgan - could be a 34 OLB if he puts on some bulk on that 6'4 frame
    S- DaNorris Searcy - Big hitter, good athleticism

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even though I do not expect him to be drafted at all I'm rooting for Andy Dalton.
    some are saying Dalton is the 4th best Qb, he definitely gets drafted... 3rd/4th

ryan donahue punter

if the jets can get ryan donahue in the seventh round.it would be a blessing.that kid can kick long and he can place his kicks like a pro.

I like Dalton a lot at QB. He's definitely not going 6 or 7 round though.

Perhaps the Portis kid at QB as well. Really like what he can do and did a very nice job during the Texas v Nation game. Showed a lot of traits to like and looked really cool under pressure.

I like Klug, but at his weight I see no role for him. And once you start packing pounds on players, you never know how their quickness is affected.

Don't like Neild at all. One of the few guys in the senior bowl that looked like he was on roller skates. Doesn't have nearly enough strength at the point and certainly doesn't do a great job getting off blocks. Not a fan.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 03-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Perhaps the Portis kid at QB as well. Really like what he can do and did a very nice job during the Texas v Nation game. Showed a lot of traits to like and looked really cool under pressure.

I like Klug, but at his weight I see no role for him. And once you start packing pounds on players, you never know how their quickness is affected.

Don't like Neild at all. One of the few guys in the senior bowl that looked like he was on roller skates. Doesn't have nearly enough strength at the point and certainly doesn't do a great job getting off blocks. Not a fan.
    I think CBNY said the Jets are looking at Klug as an ILB

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think CBNY said the Jets are looking at Klug as an ILB
    Now that's interesting. Sucks I missed that post too.

Obviously you'd like to see him drop weight. I wonder if he can get down to 250. His 40 time is pretty solid at 275 so at 250 he makes you wonder if he could shave off 2 tenths.

If that would be the plan, then I'm definitely interested too.

If the Jets lose someone like Eric Smith, I think a guy like Davante Shannon could be a nice role player at the Safety position as an UDFA. Not fast, but a solid college career, solid tackler, and always seems to be around the ball. In the right situation I could see him becoming a decent starter...maybe take over for Leonard in a year or so.

Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Im talking about 6th rd and 7th rd steals!!!

Im going to go with NT/DT Chris Neild/ W Va. 6'2 320 lbs...

The guy is ready to play the nose right now for the jets behind Pouha.
    Neild does not get out of the 3rd round- much better athlete than given credit for...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Oklahoma
    Adrian Taylor 6'3" 305
    Guy was a player before injuries.Bad ankle followed by achilies tear.Still have his strength and only has to get back his stamina and his confidence.Worth investing a late round pick on and throwing in the conditioning program for a yr.
    major medical risk- doubt he gets drafted...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even though I do not expect him to be drafted at all I'm rooting for Andy Dalton. I have a soft spot in my heart for these small guys and I think Andy could be a pro QB if given a fare shot. He has the skills and instincts he just lacks the build.
    doesn't get past jacksonville in round two...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

dirtbag....stole someone's credit card then charged up $800 in goods...know how they caught him?? as he's leaving the sporting goods store the girl says "would you like to join our mailing list for specials??" he says "okay" then goes over and joins the mailing lists as "josh portis"....

the girl looks at the name he signed on the stolen credit card and the name he signed for the mailing list and puts 2&2 together....cops bust him a few hours later..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

late round guy? Charlie Gannt/TE/Michigan St....Blaine Sumner/NT/CS Mines, Kealoha Pilares/WR/Hawaii, Ryan Jones/CB/NW Mizzou St

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    dirtbag....stole someone's credit card then charged up $800 in goods...know how they caught him?? as he's leaving the sporting goods store the girl says "would you like to join our mailing list for specials??" he says "okay" then goes over and joins the mailing lists as "josh portis"....

the girl looks at the name he signed on the stolen credit card and the name he signed for the mailing list and puts 2&2 together....cops bust him a few hours later..
    Youza..Not sure I want him calling audibles at the LOS....

Would Neild be a good future NT for us? 6'2 319 is the right size and he looks tough, like his scouting report. I'd take him round 3 if hes good.

Practice Squad
    A few guys that I like late

Chris Prosinski S Wyoming
    Alex Henery K Nebraska
    Buster Skrine CB Chattanooga
    Zack Pianalto TE North Carolina
    Lee Smith TE Marshall
    Last edited by Play Like A Jet; 03-25-2011 at 09:13 PM.