Thread: Is Any Player Worth Trading Up To 22 For?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Is Any Player Worth Trading Up To 22 For?

... question for all you draft experts ...

... is there any player (probably an OLB, DE, DT prospect) that may fall 5-10 spots and still be available at 22 who, if you were trader mike, you'd consider trading our 3rd rounder for? ...

... maybe an aldon smith, muhammad wilkerson, ryan kerrigan, or cameron jordan ...

... losing our 2 for cro makes such a scenario very unlikely and i'm sure most of us will value our 3rd rounder more than the 120 point a typical chart would give us ... in order to move from 30 up to 22 in the 1st rounds ...

... just for sh*ts and giggles though to help pass the time with the lockout ...

... any player projected in the 10-22 range that you think is really going to make a mark for himself? ...

thx,

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerrigan, Jordan, perhaps Aldon Smith. I'd definitely trade up for Heyward if they get word that someone else is interested in him.

Wouldn't trade up for Wilkerson. Just seems like too much athlete and not enough football player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to trade up this year unless we really go for it and perhaps trade next years 1st to really get up high. You simply can't go year after year after year with 3 or 4 picks in my opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houston, Smith, maybe Quinn. There isn't a whole lot of talent to begin with here. I can't see any of them still on the board at 30 and this years pickings are very slim. If we stay at 30 I think we end up with a 2nd rate player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Houston, Smith, maybe Quinn. There isn't a whole lot of talent to begin with here. I can't see any of them still on the board at 30 and this years pickings are very slim. If we stay at 30 I think we end up with a 2nd rate player.

Yeah very slim... This is only the deepest draft ever at DL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aldon Smith, Cameron Heyward, Ryan Kerrigan, Muhammad Wilkerson

I don't see any chance of someone like Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt, or Robert Quinn falling that far.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Aldon Smith, Cameron Heyward, Ryan Kerrigan, Muhammad Wilkerson
    I don't see any chance of someone like Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt, or Robert Quinn falling that far.
    plus Houston

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you just aim to say ignorant things on a regular basis, or does that come naturally? This is by far one of the deepest DL classes the draft has seen in quite some time. The fact that we can even talk about Heyward possibly falling to us should be enough to prove that point. In any other year he'd probably be taken right outside the top 10. So no we won't end up with a second rate player if we stay put.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If for some reason Aldon Smith, Cam Jordan, or JJ Watt fall that far (not very realistic) I'd hope Tanny would jump all over it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Do you just aim to say ignorant things on a regular basis, or does that come naturally? This is by far one of the deepest DL classes the draft has seen in quite some time. The fact that we can even talk about Heyward possibly falling to us should be enough to prove that point. In any other year he'd probably be taken right outside the top 10. So no we won't end up with a second rate player if we stay put.
    I'm not buying it this is buy far the weakest draft I have ever seem. Maybe compared to the other talent DL is strong and yes there is more potential 3-4 then normal but other then Marcell Dareus none are really all that good. Really Jordan is a shore shot 1st that is weak. If he plays a 3-4 he will stick up the field. All these guys begging for Hayward I just don't get either. The guy will be ok but will never be great. That is why people think he'll be there not because he is so good he can fall. Really there is one 3-4 DE I'd take here in the 1st and he'll be gone in the top 10. The benefits of a 3-4 is you don't need to jump on mediocre guys early to get a viable DL.

I'll take an OLB but even that I'm weary. All these DE turned OLBs just make me worry. Not to mention the best one has a tumor the size of a golf ball. So yes we will likely end up with a 2nd rate patch if we stay at 30. At best we get anther Thomas. But we have traded up for value the last few years and this is one draft I'll be happy to see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the value chart in front of me, but if for some reason Cameron Jordan falls to 16....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... thanks for the replies guys ... below is one website with a value chart ...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take an OLB but even that I'm weary. All these DE turned OLBs just make me worry. Not to mention the best one has a tumor the size of a golf ball.
    lol so true. I think staying at 30 and taking a DE minimizes the risk. there's no guaruntee that Ryan Kerrigan or Aldon Smith will be able to convert better than Reed or Sheard. but picking at 30 guarantees it won't be another gholston situation... cause it's basically an early 2nd at that point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not buying it this is buy far the weakest draft I have ever seem. Maybe compared to the other talent DL is strong and yes there is more potential 3-4 then normal but other then Marcell Dareus none are really all that good. Really Jordan is a shore shot 1st that is weak. If he plays a 3-4 he will stick up the field. I'll assume you meant stink up the field. He has already played in a 3-4 and produced very well. All these guys begging for Hayward I just don't get either. The guy will be ok but will never be great. That is why people think he'll be there not because he is so good he can fall. Really there is one 3-4 DE I'd take here in the 1st and he'll be gone in the top 10. So Watt, Jordan, Fairley, Wilkerson, Ballard are all unworthy of 1st round picks... The benefits of a 3-4 is you don't need to jump on mediocre guys early to get a viable DL.

I'll take an OLB but even that I'm weary. All these DE turned OLBs just make me worry. Not to mention the best one has a tumor the size of a golf ball. So yes we will likely end up with a 2nd rate patch if we stay at 30. At best we get anther Thomas. But we have traded up for value the last few years and this is one draft I'll be happy to see it.
    You're also the same guy that said Clowney was an adequate replacement for Edwards... thus my ignorance comment.