Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Syria

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924

    Syria

    Lets get involved in Syria the government is killing the citizens because they want democratic reform. They should be next on our agenda.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Not politically convenient right now.

    We only drop bombs if it means money and votes for the people in power.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Iraq = Shut the F@@K up

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Lets get involved in Syria the government is killing the citizens because they want democratic reform. They should be next on our agenda.
    Absolutely, this is the Bush Doctrine- spread democracy in the Middle East at gunpoint. Isnt that what you supported for 8 years?

    While were at it lets find the WMDs that Saddam had buried in the Syrian desert.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Absolutely, this is the Bush Doctrine- spread democracy in the Middle East at gunpoint. Isnt that what you supported for 8 years?

    While were at it lets find the WMDs that Saddam had buried in the Syrian desert.
    Why are we involved Libya. Bush isn't present anymore. Where else will the government get us involved. Maybe the Sudan, Syria, Saudi Arabia. BTW the Clintons said there were WMD didn't they? This president has tripled the amount of soldiers in Afghanistan and we are still in Iraq. What is your answer for that?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    We are involved in Libya because the Libyans asked the UN to get involved. We are part of the security council, hence we are involved.
    We are still in AG but that is something I blame Obama for.
    There are no combat missions in Iraq.
    The Clintons were obviously wrong about WMDs in Iraq.
    Bush is gone but you supported the Bush Doctrine of spreading democracy in the Mid East at gunpoint, so what is your problem about invading Libya or syria for that matter?

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Libya is a civil war! Not our concern and exactly who are we backing. Multiple thugs for one! Syria I don't want us involved anywhere near the Middle East they can frug themselves. Yea I supported Bush I made a mistake!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Libya is a civil war! Not our concern and exactly who are we backing. Multiple thugs for one! Syria I don't want us involved anywhere near the Middle East they can frug themselves. Yea I supported Bush I made a mistake!
    Please read again. We are involved in Libya because we were asked to get involved. They asked for our help.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Please read again. We are involved in Libya because we were asked to get involved. They asked for our help.
    Apparently Al Qaeda needed our help.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...eda-links.html

    Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links
    Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.


    By Praveen Swami, Nick Squires and Duncan Gardham 5:00PM GMT 25 Mar 2011

    In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

    Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

    His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

    Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

    US and British government sources said Mr al-Hasidi was a member of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, or LIFG, which killed dozens of Libyan troops in guerrilla attacks around Derna and Benghazi in 1995 and 1996.

    Even though the LIFG is not part of the al-Qaeda organisation, the United States military's West Point academy has said the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship". In 2007, documents captured by allied forces from the town of Sinjar, showed LIFG emmbers made up the second-largest cohort of foreign fighters in Iraq, after Saudi Arabia.

    Earlier this month, al-Qaeda issued a call for supporters to back the Libyan rebellion, which it said would lead to the imposition of "the stage of Islam" in the country.

    British Islamists have also backed the rebellion, with the former head of the banned al-Muhajiroun proclaiming that the call for "Islam, the Shariah and jihad from Libya" had "shaken the enemies of Islam and the Muslims more than the tsunami that Allah sent against their friends, the Japanese
    Yet another blunder by Boy Blunder.

    Liberals should be proud they elected a f__king community organizer President......

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Please read again. We are involved in Libya because we were asked to get involved. They asked for our help.
    Did the Govt ask for our help? No. We have no idea who these people are do we. Let the people decide their own fate.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Did the Govt ask for our help? No. We have no idea who these people are do we. Let the people decide their own fate.
    The government? You mean Gaddafi?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The government? You mean Gaddafi?
    Yes he runs the country like it or not. There are brutal leaders all over the Middle East are we going to jump into all of them. This country just loves to stick it's nose into everything! Stay out of the Middle East they will kill each other soon enough!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Yes he runs the country like it or not. There are brutal leaders all over the Middle East are we going to jump into all of them. This country just loves to stick it's nose into everything! Stay out of the Middle East they will kill each other soon enough!
    Gadaffi has been in power 40 years... when is soon enough? Besides we didn't start this. France and the U.K are the one's who pushed for the U.N. Resolution. As did the Arab League. Which NATO is now going to operate.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    With our ships and missles again this is not our problem. Let the Muslims clean up their own mess! We are paying thru our nose for this BS!

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Palin, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Huckabee and Bachmann were all exasperated 2 weeks ago that Obama hadn't enforced a no-fly zone.

    Now that he has, Republitards are expressing their anal glands in fury that Obama has enforced a no fly zone.

    And you guys wonder why they lost to a community organizer? Really? Really?!?


    I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with because their "mucking forons".

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Palin, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Huckabee and Bachmann were all exasperated 2 weeks ago that Obama hadn't enforced a no-fly zone.

    Now that he has, Republitards are expressing their anal glands in fury that Obama has enforced a no fly zone.

    And you guys wonder why they lost to a community organizer? Really? Really?!?


    I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with because their "mucking forons".
    Obame agrees with 4 Republican morons on sending our troops to war. Is that really a defense of Obama?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Obame agrees with 4 Republican morons on sending our troops to war. Is that really a defense of Obama?
    Not defending Obama, son.

    Just pointing out why conservatives got beat by a nobody. B*tch whine b*tch whine. Do what they wanted. Still b*tch whine b*tch whine.

    You guys should adopt a kotex as your party mascot.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Not defending Obama, son.

    Just pointing out why conservatives got beat by a nobody. B*tch whine b*tch whine. Do what they wanted. Still b*tch whine b*tch whine.

    You guys should adopt a kotex as your party mascot.
    What you inadvertently pointed out son is that Obama is a phony with no core principles. Change we can believe in was more of the same Bush policy's one that many Republicans and Independents along with Democrats were against.

    This defense by the left of Obama as Republicans being whiny is pure hypocrisy. We all know that Republicans are whiny *****es. We didn't know Democrats were for continous World Wars and creating jobs through selling advanced weapons and demonstrating them for our customers on live targets.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    What you inadvertently pointed out son is that Obama is a phony with no core principles. Change we can believe in was more of the same Bush policy's one that many Republicans and Independents along with Democrats were against.

    This defense by the left of Obama as Republicans being whiny is pure hypocrisy. We all know that Republicans are whiny *****es. We didn't know Democrats were for continous World Wars and creating jobs through selling advanced weapons and demonstrating them for our customers on live targets.
    We are not for continuous world wars. And if Obama commits ground troops to remove Gaddhafi, then you have every right to make this argument. The hope is that this is a limitted 90 day mission that is now being led by NATO. Lets see how this plays out.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    We are not for continuous world wars. And if Obama commits ground troops to remove Gaddhafi, then you have every right to make this argument. The hope is that this is a limitted 90 day mission that is now being led by NATO. Lets see how this plays out.
    Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton and Obama have all committed ground troops to war. That's about as continous as it gets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us