Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tampa BUC db involve in Texas shooting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tampa BUC db involve in Texas shooting.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib could face an arrest for gun-related incident last Monday. The Dallas Observer reports that police in Garland, Texas, have listed Talib as a "person of interest" in connection with an altercation that took place March 21.

The incident involved Talib's sister, his mother and his sister's boyfriend. The report details at least five shots being fired from two guns. An investigation into Talib's involvement is pending, but Talib allegedly hit the boyfriend with one gun before firing shots at the then-fleeing boyfriend with his mother's gun.

Aqib Talib, 25, is one of the NFL's most underrated young playmaking cornerbacks with 15 interceptions in only 28 career starts over three seasons. (AP Photo)Garland police spokesman Joe Harn says the department hopes to wrap up their investigation this week and hand the case over to the district attorney.

“This is still an open case,” Harn told the St. Petersburg Times. "Once the detectives have decided, probably later this week, if there are charges that need to be brought against him or not, because of the high-profile interest in this case, we’ll have an announcement.”

On the field, Talib, 25, is one of the NFL's most underrated young playmaking cornerbacks with 15 interceptions in 28 career starts over three seasons. Off the field, however, he hasn't been able to shake trouble, looking at his recent history of violence.

In addition to scuffling with teammates and lashing out at referees in the past, he was arrested in August 2009 in connection with an alleged assault against a Florida taxi driver. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Talib one game for that incident.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that guy is a fuking tool. It's always something with Talib..

Unbelievable some of these guys. Playing in the NFL and still playing in the streets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon Merriweather was seen close by.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3989913]that guy is a fuking tool. It's always something with Talib..

Unbelievable some of these guys. Playing in the NFL and still playing in the streets.[/QUOTE]

You can take the Boy out of the Hood but not the Hood out of the Boy..:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, crazy part was this was in a nice neighborhood.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's screwed:

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/29/aqib-talib-mother-issued-felony-warrants/[/url]

[I]Aqib Talib, mother issued felony warrants
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 29, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT

A troubling situation for Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib took a dramatic turn for the worse on Tuesday.

Felony warrants were issued Tuesday for Talib and his mother Okolo Talib on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a statement released by the Garland, Texas police.

Okolo Talib turned herself in to police Tuesday. Aqib Talib is expected to turn himself in later in the week. Bond for his warrant is set at $25,000.

We were wondering if Talib would be able to keep his job with the Bucs this morning and suspect this felony warrant will help make the Bucs’ decision easier. (Although they can’t do anything until the lockout ends.) Now Talib has bigger issues to worry about.

Police believe Aqib Talib “attempted to physically assault and did shoot at” Shannon Billings, the boyfriend of Talib’s sister. They also believe Okolo Talib shot at Billings.

The charges are second degree felonies and carry a range of punishment of 5 -20 years in prison.
    [/I]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Chances are iffin your moms name is Okolo Talib and she knows how to shoot guns at other chicks.... you are screwed.

Check check, screwed.

Now you are going to prison with other dysfunctional dudes...who havent seen tail in a while...

You are famous...

check check, screwed literally.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3990511]He's screwed:

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/29/aqib-talib-mother-issued-felony-warrants/[/url]

[I]Aqib Talib, mother issued felony warrants
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 29, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT

A troubling situation for Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib took a dramatic turn for the worse on Tuesday.

Felony warrants were issued Tuesday for Talib and his mother Okolo Talib on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a statement released by the Garland, Texas police.

Okolo Talib turned herself in to police Tuesday. Aqib Talib is expected to turn himself in later in the week. Bond for his warrant is set at $25,000.

We were wondering if Talib would be able to keep his job with the Bucs this morning and suspect this felony warrant will help make the Bucs’ decision easier. (Although they can’t do anything until the lockout ends.) Now Talib has bigger issues to worry about.

Police believe Aqib Talib “attempted to physically assault and did shoot at” Shannon Billings, the boyfriend of Talib’s sister. They also believe Okolo Talib shot at Billings.

The charges are second degree felonies and carry a range of punishment of 5 -20 years in prison.
    [/I][/QUOTE]

lol, Talib is expected to turn himself in later in the week. Is he trying to see if he can fit it into his busy schedule? I can see Tony Dungy being asked to help this poor soul, meanwhile he'll bash Rex Ryan for expecting to win ball games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talib sounds like a bad dude. I'd lock him out of my stadium too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, so this idiot actually did the deed unlike Meriweather who everyone had just [I][B]hoped[/B][/I] he had. What a maroon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3990721]lol, Talib is expected to turn himself in later in the week. Is he trying to see if he can fit it into his busy schedule? I can see Tony Dungy being asked to help this poor soul, meanwhile he'll bash Rex Ryan for expecting to win ball games.[/QUOTE]

[B]A talib or talibé (Arabic, طالب ṭālib, "student", lit. "seeker"; pl. طلاب‎ ṭullāb) is a student, particularly a student of Islam, who may study in a madrasah or with a religious teacher.

[/B]
    Hmmm maybe he's waiting for his bomb laden jacket to arrive and go out with a blast... :eek:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how this barely gets a peep in the national media but if Braylon gets a DUI or Rex licks his wife's toes the whole freaking world stops.....:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3990859]Wow, so this idiot actually did the deed unlike Meriweather who everyone had just [I][B]hoped[/B][/I] he had. What a maroon.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer Meriweather on the field. I enjoy watching Edwards drag him into the endzone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;3995130]I actually prefer Meriweather on the field. I enjoy watching Edwards drag him into the endzone.[/QUOTE]

+1