Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting to think trading up is a good idea

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    versus the Pats who are 2-3 injuries away from being 6-10?? you'll do your two month houdini act again if that were to happen...

lol- you talk a lot of sh!t for someone who was too embarrassed to show her face on this site after the head up the butt prediction which exploded in your face....

as far as all the great young blood the pats have brought in the past two years- how's it working out for them at WR?? RB?? O-Line??? D-line????

except for a one or two players- where's all the "great young blood" brought in from the '08/'07/'06 drafts???

You must have me mistaken for someone else. I will never be to embarrassed to show my face where the Patriots are concerned. My team has accomplished more over the past 7 years than the Jets will accomplish over the next 40 years. Its true I was not here for a while but that was due to health reasons. I believe Ham missed an amount of time here for similar reasons. I could not post to JI from my hospital bed

The Pats have a very talanted very young team that just went 14 - 2 and will get better this year with all of the draft picks they have. WR is not an issue even if they keep it the way it is right now, RB is fine as well but someone might be added here or Taylor resigned, O-Line should be ok with Light and Mankins returning they will add a body or 2 through the draft, D-Line has Warren returning and has Mr Wilfork, behind them are 2 or 3 players that can fill the position, again a player or 2 will be added here through the draft.

Belichick is making this rebuilding look like childs play. Imagine going 14 - 2 in the middle of a rebuild who does that????

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    You must have me mistaken for someone else. I will never be to embarrassed to show my face where the Patriots are concerned. My team has accomplished more over the past 7 years than the Jets will accomplish over the next 40 years. Its true I was not here for a while but that was due to health reasons. I believe Ham missed an amount of time here for similar reasons. I could not post to JI from my hospital bed
    yeh- you just disappeared the week after you thanked the Jets for making the Pats road to the SB easier- only to get embarrassed less than six days later- how convenient...

The Pats have a very talanted very young team that just went 14 - 2 and will get better this year with all of the draft picks they have. WR is not an issue even if they keep it the way it is right now, RB is fine as well but someone might be added here or Taylor resigned, O-Line should be ok with Light and Mankins returning they will add a body or 2 through the draft, D-Line has Warren returning and has Mr Wilfork, behind them are 2 or 3 players that can fill the position, again a player or 2 will be added here through the draft.

Belichick is making this rebuilding look like childs play. Imagine going 14 - 2 in the middle of a rebuild who does that????
    Light??? Mankins??? Warren??? Wilfork??? that's the "great young blood" the team has brought in through recent draft's???? lol....

btw- whom are these 2 or 3 players behind them that can fill the position??? thanks in advance...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets are not a deep team but the analysis of why in this thread is foolish. No CBA no play, otherwise the Jets will resign guys they value.

As for the Pats the big problem with them is that they are the darlings of the draft each year because they trade down and trade for future picks all the time. Now this is a nice strategy if you eventually use those picks in the deep draft or if you parlay those picks into high end prospects. They have gone overboard by constantly not using the value of those picks but pushing them forth to the next draft year and the next one after that.

The Jets have gone in the exact opposite direction and that also catches up with a team because you keep adding salary for higher end players but your depth suffers. In the end the Pats need to be bringing in as good of players as they can right now because their hof QB is going to be 34 when the next season begins.
    Find me a team that did a better job of drafting last year vs the Pats.

With 2 firsts and #33 Belichick can move up and grab 2 "blue chip" players if thats what he wants to do. I would like to see him use whatever he needs to do and move up to # 12 & #17 and grab 2 very good defensive players. Use the rest of the draft to address the O-Line and maybe a RB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    When there is the will, there is a way!
    OK..Since you have a will, what is your way?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yeh- you just disappeared the week after you thanked the Jets for making the Pats road to the SB easier- only to get embarrassed less than six days later- how convenient...

Light??? Mankins??? Warren??? Wilfork??? that's the "great young blood" the team has brought in through recent draft's???? lol....

btw- whom are these 2 or 3 players behind them that can fill the position??? thanks in advance...
    I don't care if you believe me that I was sick or not. As far as saying the Pats would beat the Jets I did, and I would say it again tomorrow

Dude I did not say every player on the team was under 24, that would be impossible, besides every team needs some talented players with experience. I would go through all of the young solid Pats but I don't have the time right now. I know you are a smart guy and know what I am saying is true, just trying to yank my chain I don't have time right now

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    um- the Pittsburgh Steelers for one....

With 2 firsts and #33 Belichick can move up and grab 2 "blue chip" players if thats what he wants to do. I would like to see him use whatever he needs to do and move up to # 12 & #17 and grab 2 very good defensive players. Use the rest of the draft to address the O-Line and maybe a RB.

they could also fuk up like they did in '06....'07....'08 (except for one player)...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care if you believe me that I was sick or not. As far as saying the Pats would beat the Jets I did, and I would say it again tomorrow

Dude I did not say every player on the team was under 24, that would be impossible, besides every team needs some talented players with experience. I would go through all of the young solid Pats but I don't have the time right now. I know you are a smart guy and know what I am saying is true, just trying to yank my chain I don't have time right now
    personally i like the Pats as an organization- but to listen to Pats fans talk sh!t about the Jets after they got thumped at home in the playoffs last season is as dumb as listening to Jets fans say Brady suks...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The point is they have been deferring picks for years. There is a reason that future picks are valued lower. They could have moved up many times in the past they rarely if ever do, they trade forward. You are saying they had a good draft before any picks have been made. Future picks are nothing but air and though the Pats have done a good job of giving them options each year they rarely go after that top notch prospect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wake me up when the Pats come away from ANY draft with a "Blue Chip" player. That won't happen because Belichick prefers to stockpile middle round picks and acquire middle of the road talent who he feels he can mold into "his guys"

When has he EVER done what you suggest? I'm sure most Pats fans would prefer he traded up, but do you honestly believe that will happen? I fear what they could have by being aggressive this year, but it just takes a second to realize who's making the decisions up there and the fear goes away. He will most likely trade down and grab 5 more middle of the road starters.

I wonder if he's finally sick of getting his ass kicked in the 1st round of the playoffs every year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Wake me up when the Pats come away from ANY draft with a "Blue Chip" player. That won't happen because Belichick prefers to stockpile middle round picks and acquire middle of the road talent who he feels he can mold into "his guys"

When has he EVER done what you suggest? I'm sure most Pats fans would prefer he traded up, but do you honestly believe that will happen? I fear what they could have by being aggressive this year, but it just takes a second to realize who's making the decisions up there and the fear goes away. He will most likely trade down and grab 5 more middle of the road starters.

I wonder if he's finally sick of getting his ass kicked in the 1st round of the playoffs every year.

What makes a "blue chip" player- where the players are actually drafted or how they actually perform? Are Jerod Mayo (all pro) and Devin Mccourty (pro bowler as a rookie) not "blue chip" players? Every first round pick of the Patriots in the last 7-8 years EXCEPT Maroney and Ben Watson have gone on to be a pro bowler or even all pro. Its not like the Patriots are trading out of the top 10 into the second round every year and missing out on so called "blue chip" players; they move back in small intervals at the end of the first round and target the players they want (And still get pro bowlers in doing so).

Personally, based on some of the private workouts they have conducted I think this is the year they move up from 17 into the 8-13 range to get a guy like JJ Watt or Quinn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

he's trapped into thinking he can continue to find tom brady's in the later rounds. he built a defense with high defensive picks like seymour, warren and law, and i think he's forgotten what made his teams dominant to begin with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if Mark Sanchez were in year 10 i would agree. He's probably still 2 or 3 seasons away from Super Bowl caliber play. I don't support mortgaging all of this draft and the 1st from next year for any single player.
    He already EASILY plays well enough to win a super bowl for us.

I would not trade up again. We have had good success but if we go to this well too often we will miss badly on one and wind up causing a lot problems.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am not trolling here, but please how can you say the jets are deep?

At corner you have Wilson who is shaky and the Revis who is best in the game.
    you have one safety Leonard
    You have Cotch coming off Back surgery and no one else at WR.
    You cut Woody and Hunter is a FA
    Jenkins is gone and Ellis is a FA
    you have no B/U QB

now the CBA may be replaced by a modified "last year practice' and Holmes and Harris will return to the jets in that scenario. As they were tagged, but will Holmes report for the 3 mill, no way. Harris reporting for ten mill will not be an issue.

But if the CBA is signed and the owners get some salary concessions the jets are not deep at all.
    And with no CBA, the Pats have 2/5 of an Offensive Line. We obviously have no idea what will happen for certain between the draft and the CBA, but if you want to put some $$$ on whether the Jets will have both Holmes and Edwards on the roster come September, I'll gladly take a wager.

And the Jets don't have a backup QB?