Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Rex Ryan attended UCLA Pro Day

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Rex Ryan attended UCLA Pro Day

    according to Michael Lombardi on the video found in the link below.

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/29/ayer...uclas-pro-day/

    I guess after his pro-day Ayers will be someone we will need to trade up a few spots for

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a big Ayers fan , not a big Lombardi fan, Ayers to the Giants at 19. Certainly like Chris Carter in the third

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont like ayers at all. this could be a Rahim Moore trip.

    no one's really talking about it but wouldn't surprise me to see them go FS at 30. it is after all the biggest need on the team... by far. they have 1 safety under contract, Leonard.

    Aaron williams reportedly looked good at Texas Pro day, he also could be in the mix for FS.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i dont like ayers at all. this could be a Rahim Moore trip.

    no one's really talking about it but wouldn't surprise me to see them go FS at 30. it is after all the biggest need on the team... by far. they have 1 safety under contract, Leonard.

    Aaron williams reportedly looked good at Texas Pro day, he also could be in the mix for FS.
    Aaron Williams> Moore

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Aaron Williams> Moore
    I agree with that - many mock drafts have AW going 31 to the Steelers... 30 to the Jets is right next door...

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i dont like ayers at all. this could be a Rahim Moore trip.

    no one's really talking about it but wouldn't surprise me to see them go FS at 30. it is after all the biggest need on the team... by far. they have 1 safety under contract, Leonard.

    Aaron williams reportedly looked good at Texas Pro day, he also could be in the mix for FS.
    FS@30??? who??? lol.....

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    we talk about need... is there a bigger need on the roster than safety? the Jets literally have the worst safety situation in the league. the only guy they have under contract is coming off a broken leg.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we talk about need... is there a bigger need on the roster than safety? the Jets literally have the worst safety situation in the league. the only guy they have under contract is coming off a broken leg.
    The belief is that both Pool and E.Smith will be brought back once the lockout is through.

    Still, it isn't out of the question that we go safety at 30.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Moore is fine value at 30... Dude is going to be a damn good safety and is basically the player that safeties have to be nowadays.

    Aaron Williams is not a safety...

    And either way, I'm just philosophically against taking safeties in the 1st anyway. Too many plays that they aren't even factors in.

    But I definitely think they are looking at Ayers. Extreme athleticism and his sack production would have been considerably higher if they didn't use him in coverage so much.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The belief is that both Pool and E.Smith will be brought back once the lockout is through.
    I like both players... but what is the over/under on total concussions between the two of em... 10? neither are great long term bets.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    according to Michael Lombardi on the video found in the link below.

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/29/ayer...uclas-pro-day/

    I guess after his pro-day Ayers will be someone we will need to trade up a few spots for
    from your link....

    Moore moves effortlessly in his turns and transitions, and he flashed excellent ball skills and hands. He looks like a true centerfield-type safety with the skills to develop into a ball hawk at the next level. The only concern that surfaced was a lack of conditioning that resulted in Moore cutting the workout short. Otherwise, he solidified his status as a top-50 selection.
    does this concern anyone?? i mean really concern anyone??

    i am going to verify the accuracy of this- two people who were there yesterday told me Rex Ryan was not at the workout- so we will see..

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I like both players... but what is the over/under on total concussions between the two of em... 10? neither are great long term bets.
    Good point.

    Just think that DE/OLB will be the pick at 30, S maybe in Round 3.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The belief is that both Pool and E.Smith will be brought back once the lockout is through.

    Still, it isn't out of the question that we go safety at 30.
    again- who???

    Rahim Moore??!!!

    202lbs, 4.58 forty and doesn't try to improve on pro-day????

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    again- who???

    Rahim Moore??!!!

    202lbs, 4.58 forty and doesn't try to improve on pro-day????
    As mentioned in the thread: Williams.

    I still think the pick at 30 is Taylor, Paea or Ayers.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    As mentioned in the thread: Williams.

    I still think the pick at 30 is Taylor, Paea or Ayers.
    i like Williams but the problem is he's kind of a project at FS...sort of like assuming brooks reed is an automatic at OLB....

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    i like Williams but the problem is he's kind of a project at FS...sort of like assuming brooks reed is an automatic at OLB....
    IF we're able to re-sign E.Smith and Pool we wouldn't need him to start right away. Let him sit behind them and learn for a year before giving him extensive playing time in 2012.

    As for Brooks Reed .. dear God please do not let him and the Jets become a four, five year marriage. I don't want any part of that disaster.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    IF we're able to re-sign E.Smith and Pool we wouldn't need him to start right away. Let him sit behind them and learn for a year before giving him extensive playing time in 2012.

    As for Brooks Reed .. dear God please do not let him and the Jets become a four, five year marriage. I don't want any part of that disaster.
    people are getting to happy about Smith based on the last few games of the year- he's still a very good downhill, in the box safety but is a liability in centerfield...Poole's play was anything but consistent last year....

    i started a thread on safety's before the second week of the season last September- so people are preaching to the chior about FS being a need...but this is a sh!t safety draft- plain and simple, and it makes no sense to reach for a guy...

    if the thought process is to take a guy and develop behind Poole, fine, especially considering the lack of top end talent in this draft...then take Chris Culliver, or DaNorris Searcy or in round three, Marcus Gilchrist in 3/4 or take a flier on frantz placide of wagner in the very late rounds...

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    people are getting to happy about Smith based on the last few games of the year- he's still a very good downhill, in the box safety but is a liability in centerfield...Poole's play was anything but consistent last year....

    i started a thread on safety's before the second week of the season last September- so people are preaching to the chior about FS being a need...but this is a sh!t safety draft- plain and simple, and it makes no sense to reach for a guy...

    if the thought process is to take a guy and develop behind Poole, fine, especially considering the lack of top end talent in this draft...then take Chris Culliver, or DaNorris Searcy or in round three, Marcus Gilchrist in 3/4 or take a flier on frantz placide of wagner in the very late rounds...
    I agree with this, if the premise is to develop a guy. No reason to take one high in this case, especially in a weak class. I'd rather try to get a starter from day one out of the first pick (obviously even first rounders may not start, but they have more of a chance).

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the jets are interested in Ayers,(hopefully not) then i hope it's as an ILBer .Jets have a huge need for an ILBer who can run sideline to sideline.Scott can't,and neither can Harris.Both those players attack LBer,and we don't have a defend LBer.Calvin Pace is an attack LBer on the outside,while Bryan Thomas is a defend Lber. Pace is a bigger problem,because he can't play in space.Thomas is easier to get rid of because of their respective salaries and cap restraints.

    Ayers would allow us to cover up for the lost of Thomas should he be let go in the interim,and should any of the holdovers or off season additions pan out,give us the flexibility inside or outside.

    Don't really want this player thou.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us