Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rex Ryan attended UCLA Pro Day

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yet another person who was at the workout, the one who told me JoJo Wooden was there, said Ryan was not in attendance...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    people are getting to happy about Smith based on the last few games of the year- he's still a very good downhill, in the box safety but is a liability in centerfield...Poole's play was anything but consistent last year....

i started a thread on safety's before the second week of the season last September- so people are preaching to the chior about FS being a need...but this is a sh!t safety draft- plain and simple, and it makes no sense to reach for a guy...

if the thought process is to take a guy and develop behind Poole, fine, especially considering the lack of top end talent in this draft...then take Chris Culliver, or DaNorris Searcy or in round three, Marcus Gilchrist in 3/4 or take a flier on frantz placide of wagner in the very late rounds...
    I thought Pool improved drastically in the second half of the year - specifically after Leonhard went down. To me, it seemed like he didn't really get the system quite yet in the first half. He had a couple of breakdowns (i.e. Garcon's TD wasn't only Cro's fault) but for the most part, he did a good job. If Leonhard is healthy, I'm OK with them back there starting. I remember your thread and at the time I thought it was our biggest need. Considering our holes we have, I don't anymore.

Re E. Smith - as long as they use him correctly, he's very effective. His best position is playing that LB/SS hybrid and covering someone within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. But, if he's in CF, he gets lost and will trip over his own feet. I don't know that anyone else will give him a big contract, so if the Jets offer him a multi-year deal at $1m/yr with a bit of money up front, its a possibility.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yet another person who was at the workout, the one who told me JoJo Wooden was there, said Ryan was not in attendance...
    If someone didn't see Rex, its unlikely that he was there and the guy simply missed him. Whatever Rex is, under the radar he isn't.