Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forget about Cameron Heyward...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    HOpefully the Jets are, as we speak, manufacturing a scandal regarding Heyward. Something on the order of cheating on a test or fathering an illegitimate child. Just enough to have him drop about 7 spots.

I wouldn't be shocked if Heyward went Top 15. Is it written in stone that Cam Jordan or JJ Watt are better prospects than Heyward?
    Jordan is more Ellis in a 3-4, while Heyward is more Seymour. Watt is Carriker when he was coming out, but hopefully won't be miscast in a 4-3 like him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is going to cost to get into the territory that we would have to get to in order to draft Heyward. Not having a 2nd round pick really hurts - even that would not have been too enticing as it would have been a very late 2nd round pick. I don't know that we could make that move for picks. The commish has cautioned teams about the 2012 draft and trading picks. If we can't involve 2012 picks then it will probably take a player on our roster worthy of at least a 2nd round grade in order to get to where we have to - to get this guy.

Sorry. Kellen Clemens is not going to cut it.

The type of player that we would have to give up is going to hurt. I for one, have loved Tanny's draft day wheeling and dealing. However, it has left us with poor depth. This is where those deals come back to haunt us (for the record I am not complaining about Tanny's moves - I like them - Just pointing out their downside). The only position that I would say that we had depth was at receiver. Unfortunately, we are doubly screwed because we have so many FAs including two at WR.

So who do we offer Jacksonville to make this deal. It is going to be a player that will make us wince when we hear the name.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    It is going to cost to get into the territory that we would have to get to in order to draft Heyward. Not having a 2nd round pick really hurts - even that would not have been too enticing as it would have been a very late 2nd round pick. I don't know that we could make that move for picks. The commish has cautioned teams about the 2012 draft and trading picks. If we can't involve 2012 picks then it will probably take a player on our roster worthy of at least a 2nd round grade in order to get to where we have to - to get this guy.

Sorry. Kellen Clemens is not going to cut it.

The type of player that we would have to give up is going to hurt. I for one, have loved Tanny's draft day wheeling and dealing. However, it has left us with poor depth. This is where those deals come back to haunt us (for the record I am not complaining about Tanny's moves - I like them - Just pointing out their downside). The only position that I would say that we had depth was at receiver. Unfortunately, we are doubly screwed because we have so many FAs including two at WR.

So who do we offer Jacksonville to make this deal. It is going to be a player that will make us wince when we hear the name.
    Players can't be traded without a CBA

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Players can't be traded without a CBA
    Then we are screwed (in terms of moving up).

My preference would be to trade down into early part of 2nd round for an additional pick instead. Hopefully someone will want to make a move for a QB like we made for D. Keller.
    Last edited by kcb160; 04-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.