Thread: Brandon Moore - Had Hip Surgery in Feb 2011

All League

Brandon Moore - Had Hip Surgery in Feb 2011

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1[/url]

Jets RG Brandon Moore says his recovery from February hip surgery is going "according to plan" so far.

Moore, about [B]six weeks removed from the procedure, has resumed walking but not running and can bike and do strength work.[/B] His recovery timetable has been set at "three to six months," so Moore in a worst case scenario would miss only the first few weeks of training camp. Turning 31 in June, Moore graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 10 overall guard in the NFL last year.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger Mar 30, 3:56 PM

This makes a lot of sense as to why the Jets have been scouting all these G/OT prospects. I took it as not having as much faith in Ducasse/Slauson, but hip surgeries are pretty severe to recover from (my only experience is in regards to 60+ year old geriatrics):D

DAMN!!!! Between Cotch & Moore, and who knows who else, Jets got REALLY beat up and they PLAYED THROUGH THE PAIN!!:eek:

MY hats off to them, two HIGHLY UNDERRATED JETS!

Here's to Brandon Moore and his years of underappreciated service. Hope he recovers fast.

All Pro
    Cotch and Moore playing through pain not saying a word about it. These guys are football players, tough guys, make up the backbone of the team.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... agree ... :yes: ... kudos to moore for battling through this w/o a peep! ... :clapper: ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=David Harris;3991215]Cotch and Moore playing through pain not saying a word about it. These guys are football players, tough guys, make up the backbone of the team.[/QUOTE]

Man these dudes are as tough as nails, still can't forget Cotch hopiing around with a hernia or something against the Browns I believe and catching the bullet from Sanchize for the first down

Big Moore taught the DROY a few things. Get well soon Champ

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm sure about 60% of these guys have some type of surgery every off season. What they go through during the season is absolutely brutal.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gas2No99;3991153][url]http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1[/url]

Jets RG Brandon Moore says his recovery from February hip surgery is going "according to plan" so far.

Moore, about [B]six weeks removed from the procedure, has resumed walking but not running and can bike and do strength work.[/B] His recovery timetable has been set at "three to six months," so Moore in a worst case scenario would miss only the first few weeks of training camp. Turning 31 in June, Moore graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 10 overall guard in the NFL last year.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger Mar 30, 3:56 PM

This makes a lot of sense as to why the Jets have been scouting all these G/OT prospects. I took it as not having as much faith in Ducasse/Slauson, but hip surgeries are pretty severe to recover from (my only experience is in regards to 60+ year old geriatrics):D

DAMN!!!! Between Cotch & Moore, and who knows who else, Jets got REALLY beat up and they PLAYED THROUGH THE PAIN!!:eek:

MY hats off to them, two HIGHLY UNDERRATED JETS![/QUOTE]

what the heck is your beef qwith slauson? The guy played pretty darn well for a man with limited experience in the NFL. some people are never satisfied.

Ducasse has to prove himself but to include Slauson in your commenst was silly IMO.

All League
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3991576][B]what the heck is your beef qwith slauson[/B]? The guy played pretty darn well for a man with limited experience in the NFL. [B]some people are never satisfied[/B].

Ducasse has to prove himself but to include Slauson in your commenst was silly IMO.[/QUOTE]

What the F*CK are you talking about? What Beef?!?!?!:confused:

When did I knock Slauson? and even IF I DID, who the hell are you to cry about it? What are you, his nanny?

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Gas2No99;3991787]What the F*CK are you talking about? What Beef?!?!?!:confused:

When did I knock Slauson? and even IF I DID, who the hell are you to cry about it? [B]What are you, his nanny?[/B]

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually he is, just check every single Jets site.

Moore has long been our best run blocking lineman and best overall offensive guard on this team. He's grossly underappreciated and the fact that he played through a hip injury is something that shouldn't go unnoticed, so I'm glad this report came out. He's only 31 and he'll have another solid 3-4 years for this organization. He should be talked about more, but he was a UDFA who took a couple of years to blossom and therefore the national networks do not care about him.