Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Jets win the Super Bowl with Rex?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the Jets win the Super Bowl with Rex?

During this time of uncertainty pertaining to the NFL labor negotiations, I find myself struggling for interesting reading about my team. So here is my official attempt at breaking the monotony:

Will the Jets go all the way when the season (whenever that may be) transpires?

It killed me to see the Jets ultimately fail to go all the way last season. I really believed it was ours for the taking. If my pessimistic words offended you in any way, I am sorry. But I digress.

I believe the Jets are in a prime position, (A better position than they've ever been before) to win the SB. There are some things that concern me though:

Cutting Kris Jenkins is number one on my list. I still hold out hope this guy has one more complete, thorough season in him. I think this guy is an animal and had he been playing for us in the playoffs he would have been a difference maker. What will happen with Big Jenk? My confidence tells me he'll eventually resign with the Jets because he knows Rex Ryan and the Jets is his best, last hope at winning a ring before he retires.

We need to yield some additional players in the draft. For the most part, we are a complete team. A team that is ready to compete, and win, a SB. But I still believe a couple of players would serve us very well:

We need a replacement NT for Big Jenk. As much as I love the guy, he is injury prone. We need to draft looking forward to the future. We need to get a guy in the rotation that will be the eventual replacement for Big Jenk. I hope a guy like Phil Taylor offers even half the player Kris Jenkins is.

We need a DE. I believe the Dline is where we are most sorely missing. We need a guy who can generate pressure, havoc even when the Jets choose not to blitz. A guy who can line up, straight up with the guy in front of him, and beat the guy like a rented mule. A pass rush without blitzing is something I believe could put us over the top.

I hear a lot about an edge rushing LB. My thoughts tell me we'll be just fine if we confront the Dline. But the pass rushing statistics of our linebackers were poor. So to say we do not need an edge rushing LB isn't entirely out of the question. If there's a stud in the draft that fits our needs, I say grab the guy.

A Safety? Lets face the truth here. As much as I was happy to see Kerry Rhodes and his *****foot play go to Arizona, I do not believe anything we have currently sufficiently replaces what Kerry brought to the table. At the very least, if we could add another thumper at Safety it could be the difference we need.

But I still believe overall, given some of the above goes our way, we can win it all.

Is Rex Ryan FINALLY, the guy we need to take this team all the way? I think so. The guy is one of the most amazing coaches I've ever seen wear green and white. His passion, attitude, perserverance, and smarts top all the coaches I've ever seen coach the Jets with the exception of Bill Parcells, of course.

So what are your thoughts? Do we truly have the goods to win a SB, FINALLY? Will Rex break this 40 something year curse we are mired in? Have the gods finally aligned in our favor?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3991926]

So what are your thoughts? Do we truly have the goods to win a SB, FINALLY? Will Rex break this 40 something year curse we are mired in? Have the gods finally aligned in our favor?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/02/01/sports/01anderson.500.jpg[/IMG]

No.

We just had our run. Just went back-to-back in AFC Championship Games. You don't go back again, not after losing them. And why did we lose? Dare we speak the truth?

How about back-to-back give-ups of 24 unanswered points in two consecutive halves of AFC Championship Game football. How about [I]that[/I]. 48 unanswered points by Peyton and Ben, last 30 in Indy, first 30 in Pittsburgh. An epic collapse if there ever was one. Historic, in fact.

If Rex can't be a stud in a big game at the thing he's supposedly an 'expert' at, he'll never get it done. His defense let us down. Back-to-back. Champagne in the locker room. Never tasted a sip.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3991932]
    Just went back-to-back in AFC Championship Games. You don't go back again, not after losing them.[/QUOTE]

This.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3991932][IMG]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/02/01/sports/01anderson.500.jpg[/IMG]

No.

We just had our run. Just went back-to-back in AFC Championship Games. You don't go back again, not after losing them. And why did we lose? Dare we speak the truth?

How about back-to-back give-ups of 24 unanswered points in two consecutive halves of AFC Championship Game football. How about [I]that[/I]. 48 unanswered points by Peyton and Ben, last 30 in Indy, first 30 in Pittsburgh. An epic collapse if there ever was one. Historic, in fact.

If Rex can't be a stud in a big game at the thing he's supposedly an 'expert' at, he'll never get it done. His defense let us down. Back-to-back. Champagne in the locker room. Never tasted a sip.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You're a turd, SAR. You piss all over my thread. But I'll take your bet you're gonna regret, because the JETS are the best that's ever been (Just to steal the lyrics from the Charlie Daniels Band). You name your price (Within reason. All of us do not drive a BMW like you do:rolleyes:). And the winner Pays Sooth the ultimate amount. You game? I will even show up at your OOB summer digs and wear whatever jersey you so choose. PLEASE, do not say Patsies, I'll have to have a sex change and I don't want to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are going to be competitive for the next decade.

As a fan, that is really all you can ask for.

Hopefully we will catch some breaks along the way and win it all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3991947]You're a turd, SAR. You piss all over my thread. But I'll take your bet you're gonna regret, because the JETS are the best that's ever been (Just to steal the lyrics from the Charlie Daniels Band). You name your price (Within reason. All of us do not drive a BMW like you do:rolleyes:). And the winner Pays Sooth the ultimate amount. You game? I will even show up at your OOB summer digs and wear whatever jersey you so choose. PLEASE, do not say Patsies, I'll have to have a sex change and I don't want to.[/QUOTE]

How did he piss all over your thread? He gave you an honest answer?

You asked the question. Are you only accepting pom pom answers? :(:(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    one thing is sure

we have a better shot than that of FF2's team does

and that is something that can be truly GUARANTEED

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3991948]The Jets are going to be competitive for the next decade.[/QUOTE]

No team can possibly know this. There are way too many variables in play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3991955]No team can possibly know this. There are way too many variables in play.[/QUOTE]

Solid owner

Solid head coach

Solid core

Those are the variables for long term success. Just look at your team for example.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3991953]How did he piss all over your thread? He gave you an honest answer?

You asked the question. Are you only accepting pom pom answers? :(:([/QUOTE]

Damn straight. I truly do not believe what SAR is selling. I completely disagree with him here. And it doesn't anything to do with pom pom answers (but call it what you may), I just believe the Jets have finally got the HC they need.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="5"]Like it or not, the Jets are going to be in the hunt every year as long as Rex is the coach.[/SIZE][/B] Don't compare him to existing coaches, that's unfair. Would BB have won 3 Superbowls without Brady?

Look at where the Jets came from. Not Mangini, not Herm, not Al Groh, not even Parcells has done what Rex has done in the playoffs. The Jets have win big playoff game after big playoff game ALL ON THE ROAD.

Anyone who thinks the Jets don't have a legitimate chance with Rex running the shop is either a Jets hater, a pessimist, or doesn't understand football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3991954]one thing is sure

we have a better shot than that of FF2's team does

and that is something that can be truly GUARANTEED[/QUOTE]

I believe that. I believe the playoff game between the Jets and Patsies was the ultimate deciding factor on the way this rivalry has tilted. I believed the Jets were the better, more talented team for some time. The playoff game proved my point. I believe the AFC East crown is ours for the taking. We exercised those demons in Foxboro.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3991963][B][SIZE="5"]Like it or not, the Jets are going to be in the hunt every year as long as Rex is the coach.[/SIZE][/B] Don't compare him to existing coaches, that's unfair. Would BB have won 3 Superbowls without Brady?

Look at where the Jets came from. Not Mangini, not Herm, not Al Groh, not even Parcells has done what Rex has done in the playoffs. The Jets have win big playoff game after big playoff game ALL ON THE ROAD.

Anyone who thinks the Jets don't have a legitimate chance with Rex running the shop is either a Jets hater, a pessimist, or doesn't understand football.[/QUOTE]

Right on:applause:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3991961]Damn straight. I truly do not believe what SAR is selling. I completely disagree with him here. And it doesn't anything to do with pom pom answers (but call it what you may), I just believe the Jets have finally got the HC they need.[/QUOTE]

And because he has a different opinion than you he is a turd? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3991967]And because he has a different opinion than you he is a turd? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Damn straight. SAR and I are friends, so you do not understand. This is playful banter between two Jets fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3991967]And because he has a different opinion than you he is a turd? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sar needs you to defend him. Why don't you worry about your own team that can't win a playoff game? You don't look good in green. God, and I thought FF1 was annoying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair. We're still in the shadow of the Patriots. We'll always be that unless we win the division, get home field advantage and win a Super Bowl. They are a pretty young team and about to get even younger with this draft.

They have not had luck drafting these past few years but eventually they are going to draft right. They've got a ton of picks in the first 3 rounds in a very deep draft.

Now saying that, Rex is the best thing that happened to the Jets. If anyone can do it, Rex and this current Jets team can. The Jets are going to be a VERY good team the next 5 years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3991968]Damn straight. SAR and I are friends, so you do not understand. This is playful banter between two Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

You and I are definitely friends, but it's not playful banter per se. Not playing the antagonist here, not being the contrarian.

It is unfortunate, but due to the unbelievable start in Year's 1 and 2 of the Ryan/Sanchez era we've got a long, long wait until we get another shot at Super Bowl glory.

That sounds ludicrous, right? But its true. For teams without a Hall Of Fame QB like Kelly, Manning, Brady, Aikman, Favre, or Montana you get your two-year blip, you fade away.

Leave it to the Jets to do it the wrong way yet again. Instead of a slow, 5 year build to the two-year blip, BANG! we do it immediately. Just means we now have the slow fade which is far, far less exciting than the slow build.

All we can do now is wait for Ryan and Sanchez to pass so that the next regime can do better than a 0-48 run in Championship Games. Sounds crazy, I know. But it's [I]true[/I].

SAR I

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like

MAybe.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3991926]During this time of uncertainty pertaining to the NFL labor negotiations, I find myself struggling for interesting reading about my team. So here is my official attempt at breaking the monotony:

Will the Jets go all the way when the season (whenever that may be) transpires?

It killed me to see the Jets ultimately fail to go all the way last season. I really believed it was ours for the taking. If my pessimistic words offended you in any way, I am sorry. But I digress.

I believe the Jets are in a prime position, (A better position than they've ever been before) to win the SB. There are some things that concern me though:

Cutting Kris Jenkins is number one on my list. I still hold out hope this guy has one more complete, thorough season in him. I think this guy is an animal and had he been playing for us in the playoffs he would have been a difference maker. What will happen with Big Jenk? My confidence tells me he'll eventually resign with the Jets because he knows Rex Ryan and the Jets is his best, last hope at winning a ring before he retires.

We need to yield some additional players in the draft. For the most part, we are a complete team. A team that is ready to compete, and win, a SB. But I still believe a couple of players would serve us very well:

We need a replacement NT for Big Jenk. As much as I love the guy, he is injury prone. We need to draft looking forward to the future. We need to get a guy in the rotation that will be the eventual replacement for Big Jenk. I hope a guy like Phil Taylor offers even half the player Kris Jenkins is.

We need a DE. I believe the Dline is where we are most sorely missing. We need a guy who can generate pressure, havoc even when the Jets choose not to blitz. A guy who can line up, straight up with the guy in front of him, and beat the guy like a rented mule. A pass rush without blitzing is something I believe could put us over the top.

I hear a lot about an edge rushing LB. My thoughts tell me we'll be just fine if we confront the Dline. But the pass rushing statistics of our linebackers were poor. So to say we do not need an edge rushing LB isn't entirely out of the question. If there's a stud in the draft that fits our needs, I say grab the guy.

A Safety? Lets face the truth here. As much as I was happy to see Kerry Rhodes and his *****foot play go to Arizona, I do not believe anything we have currently sufficiently replaces what Kerry brought to the table. At the very least, if we could add another thumper at Safety it could be the difference we need.

But I still believe overall, given some of the above goes our way, we can win it all.

Is Rex Ryan FINALLY, the guy we need to take this team all the way? I think so. The guy is one of the most amazing coaches I've ever seen wear green and white. His passion, attitude, perserverance, and smarts top all the coaches I've ever seen coach the Jets with the exception of Bill Parcells, of course.

So what are your thoughts? Do we truly have the goods to win a SB, FINALLY? Will Rex break this 40 something year curse we are mired in? Have the gods finally aligned in our favor?[/QUOTE]

I think as long as Sanchez gets better and we get some breaks and start playing 60 mins of ball rather than 40 we will...this team is hungry and just needs to get over the Fans Nonsense and Get over the fact that when you beat the patriots in the playoffs its NOT the super bowl and just keep playing til they get it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    a lil heart, soul and fire.. goes a really long way.... we just need to be able to keep some of the talent and get a goddamn pass rusher