Thread: First round mock

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

First round mock

Carolina Panthers - Patrick Peterson

It just makes sense. They're not going to blow their wad on a QB just because someone made it a non-rule rule that CBs can't go #1 overall . Peterson is the best player in this draft.

Denver Broncos - AJ Green

I think Denver goes balls in on Tim Tebow, and one way to help out a QB is to get him a great WR. AJ Green is a potentially great WR. Dareus is the popular and probably obvious other choice here.

Bufallo Bills - Gabe Camiri

Probably the best tackle in the class with Castanzo, and he's bigger. This may seem like a reach, but the Bills have Bell and meh at the T positions. Spiller needs a road grader, and if they really like Fitzgerald it's probably a good idea to protect him. Camiri is having himself a good offseason, and it's a "safe" and smart choice. They'd actually have a really good OL if they found another tackle...they have pieces on offense.

Cincinnati Bengals
    - Julio Jones

Bengals look to appease Palmer, and take a guy who profiles as a potential gamechanging/playmaking WR. In a normal offseason I'd have them trading Palmer to Arizona or Minnesota, but I'm not sure what the rules are this year so I'll just make this pick.

Arizona Cardinals - Cam Newton

Really, this is kind of a trade spot if anybody wants it, but I won't mock with trades right now. Newton is balling and I think he learned a pro-esque offense at Auburn fairly well. Whisenhunt might see a comp to a more athletic Roethlisberger.

Cleveland Browns - Marcell Dareus

Patient Cleveland gets their man.

San Fransisco 49ers - Prince Amukamara

Their secondary is garbage, and Nate Clements is not the player he used to be. Prince injects some young blood into a vital position.

Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley

As Ruby said, the Titans get back their Haynesworth.

Dallas Cowboys - Anthony Castanzo

Cowboys take my other top T prospect for a line that needs some help. Maybe kick Free inside to LG or out to RT...depending on how they feel about Kosier/Colombo.

Washington Redskins - Mark Ingram

Probably not how they dreamed things would go, but a RB would help out that offense immensely. Ingram gives them a workhorse back to pair with Portis, a former workhorse.

Houston Texans - JJ Watt

I was going to mock them Cameron Jordan but the difference between him and Watt isn't significant. I figured Texas would appreciate an extremely talented football playing white man.

Minnesota Vikings - Phil Taylor

Back in 2003 the Vikings reached on a giant DT who had had himself a strong Senior Bowl and offseason. That giant DT turned out to be Kevin Williams, top 3 DT in the league. They will put Taylor next to Williams to attempt to rekindle the DT magic of the last decade.

Detroit Lions - Robert Quinn

Jim Schwartz could not be any more excited. Ndamukong Suh in one year and then a talent like Robert Quinn in the next? My Jah man. My Jah.

St. Louis Rams - Aldon Smith

Smith will replace the aging Leonard Little in due time. Spags might see some Tuck in him, maybe.

Miami Dolphins - Blaine Gabbert

Miami is only pretending to like Chad Henne.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Cameron Jordan

Joins his mate Alualu in The Duimp or whatever Jacksonville is also called.

New England Patriots - Von Miller

Holy f'ng shyte this just happened. I'd flip my sh*t.

San Diego Chargers - Tyron Smith

Chargers need the OL help, and Smith has the potential to be top notch. Personally, I'm not a huge fan but he has his crowd.

New York Giants
    - Corey Liuget

Irate that Castanzo is gone, the Giants go back to helping out the 'ol DL. CB could also be a possibility since Ross hasn't really stabilized across from Webster.

Tampa Bay Bucs -Torrey Smith

WR from Maryland gives Freeman another tough target. Fast and possibly very explosive.

Kansas City Chiefs - Brandon Harris

They need a CB as much as they need a DL, and Harris can be a good one.

Indianapolis Colts - Cameron Heyward

Colts need more size and athleticism in the trenches. Heyward is a good player. He'd be the best DT talent in Indy since Corey Simon.

Philadelphia Eagles - Stephen Paea

I feel like the Eagles like short but powerful DL...Cole...Graham...Paterson...IIRC they drafted Laws...Bunkley isn't particularly tall...

New Orleans - Ryan Kerrigan

Luck out with Kerrigan.

Seattle Seahawks - DaQuan Bowers

This team needs a playmaker somewhere. Supposedly they like him and I'd go as far as saying that Carroll probably tried to recruit him (he *was* the #1 recruit in the country or something). Good upside here, but still wish he didn't go to Clemson.

Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith

They need some secondary players, particularly CB.

Atlanta Falcons - Justin Houston

Just kinda fits to me...he'd do well there.

New England - Stefen Wisniewski

They need a C, and he's the best in this draft. A very stout fellow who is bigger and more athletic than he may have been given credit for.

Chicago Bears - Akeem Ayers

Damn!

New York Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson

We get lucky as fffffffffff in this mock. Linden, NJ product offers a big frame and strong athleticism for the DL.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Nate Solder

Their OL after Pouncey isn't all that young or athletic...I guess Kemo is pretty badass.

Green Bay Packers - Rahim Moore

Their secondary is good, and Moore will make it better.

This was fun. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-02-2011 at 01:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the pick.. who's place does he take on the DL Ellis or Vito??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I cannot see those top prospects drop, it was really refreshing seeing other players slotted in the top half of the draft and seeing your explanations. I especially liked Ingram to Washington. I never really thought about it because of their QB needs, etc., but they could really use a back and I can definitely see them taking him.

If I were Denver I would stand pat with their WR corps especially when they just drafted Thomas/Decker and Royal is still young (all three have shown some nice glimpses). However, I do see where your coming from with thinking outside the box. If they go offense I could maybe see them go running back, but IMO its too early for Ingram. Gabbert to Jax was also an intriguing pick if he were to fall that far.
    Last edited by intothegreen; 04-02-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honest think I should mock Gabbert to Miami...it almost makes sense but trades might be involved...Jaguars would then take Jordan...I'm going to make the switch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this mock. I keep looking at most of them and thinking "You can't tell me that all of these teams in the top 10 are taking d-linemen." You always get a LT or two in the top 10, and teams are enticed by premier offensive talent.

I've never done a full mock, but I also have a feeling that the Redskins are going to take Ingram. That Redskins offensive line is not the old Broncos line. I also think Ingram is almost guaranteed to be a productive back right out of the gate. I don't see Washington as being particularly interested in a long rebuild and Ingram helps right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gmen took JPP and Linval Joseph last year 1&2..would they really take another DL?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Gmen took JPP and Linval Joseph last year 1&2..would they really take another DL?
    Maybe...they might lose Cofield and Liuget wouldn't be a bad replacement...other options include an OL (Sherrod? Smith?) and a CB...a secondary player might make alot of sense since Phillips and Ross are ??.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Maybe...they might lose Cofield and Liuget wouldn't be a bad replacement...other options include an OL (Sherrod? Smith?) and a CB...a secondary player might make alot of sense since Phillips and Ross are ??.
    I'm no expert and they do like to draft DL high it just seems like 3 DL within the 1st 2 rounds seems like alot...I could see them going OL or CB...

I also remember reading CBNY that Wilkerson won't make it past NO..But who knows..Good read!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no expert and they do like to draft DL high it just seems like 3 DL within the 1st 2 rounds seems like alot...I could see them going OL or CB...

I also remember reading CBNY that Wilkerson won't make it past NO..But who knows..Good read!
    You make good points. With both of those tackles off the board Harris probably looks tempting at 19...and the Giants like Miami players.

I'm going to make that edit actually because I wasn't so into the Liuget pick anyway. Other changes will have to occur, and MORE opinions are welcome!
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-02-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERSION 2.0 BECAUSE I WAS UNHAPPY WITH 1.0:

Carolina Panthers - Patrick Peterson

It just makes sense. They're not going to blow their wad on a QB just because someone made it a non-rule rule that CBs can't go #1 overall . Peterson is the best player in this draft.

Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus

The favorite for the pick lately, and a pretty badass player.

Bufallo Bills - Gabe Camiri

Probably the best tackle in the class with Castanzo, and he's bigger. This may seem like a reach, but the Bills have Bell and meh at the T positions. Spiller needs a road grader, and if they really like Fitzgerald it's probably a good idea to protect him. Camiri is having himself a good offseason, and it's a "safe" and smart choice. They'd actually have a really good OL if they found another tackle...they have pieces on offense.

Cincinnati Bengals - Julio Jones

Bengals look to appease Palmer, and take a guy who profiles as a potential gamechanging/playmaking WR. In a normal offseason I'd have them trading Palmer to Arizona or Minnesota, but I'm not sure what the rules are this year so I'll just make this pick.

Arizona Cardinals - Cam Newton

Really, this is kind of a trade spot if anybody wants it, but I won't mock with trades right now. Newton is balling and I think he learned a pro-esque offense at Auburn fairly well. Whisenhunt might see a comp to a more athletic Roethlisberger.

Cleveland Browns - AJ Green

Patient Cleveland gets their man.

San Fransisco 49ers - Prince Amukamara

Their secondary is garbage, and Nate Clements is not the player he used to be. Prince injects some young blood into a vital position.

Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley

As Ruby said, the Titans get back their Haynesworth.

Dallas Cowboys - Cameron Jordan

While their DL doesn't suck, Jordan is a premium talent. Jordan - Ratliff - Olshansky is a pretty decent DL with Ware behind it.

Washington Redskins - Mark Ingram

Probably not how they dreamed things would go, but a RB would help out that offense immensely. Ingram gives them a workhorse back to pair with Portis, a former workhorse.

Houston Texans - JJ Watt

I was going to mock them Cameron Jordan but the difference between him and Watt isn't significant. I figured Texas would appreciate an extremely talented football playing white man.

Minnesota Vikings - Phil Taylor

Back in 2003 the Vikings reached on a giant DT who had had himself a strong Senior Bowl and offseason. That giant DT turned out to be Kevin Williams, top 3 DT in the league. They will put Taylor next to Williams to attempt to rekindle the DT magic of the last decade.

Detroit Lions - Robert Quinn

Jim Schwartz could not be any more excited. Ndamukong Suh in one year and then a talent like Robert Quinn in the next? My Jah man. My Jah.

St. Louis Rams - Aldon Smith

Smith will replace the aging Leonard Little in due time. Spags might see some Tuck in him, maybe.

Miami Dolphins - Blaine Gabbert

Miami is only pretending to like Chad Henne.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Cameron Heyward

Jaguars continue doing whatever it is they do. While Heyward and Alualu are more regularly sized than their last extremely talented DT duo, they are both very good players.

New England Patriots - Von Miller

Holy f'ng shyte this just happened. I'd flip my sh*t. Even in the edit I think this is possible.

San Diego Chargers - Tyron Smith

Chargers need the OL help, and Smith has the potential to be top notch. Personally, I'm not a huge fan but he has his crowd.

New York Giants - Brandon Harris

This makes more sense.

Tampa Bay Bucs -Torrey Smith

WR from Maryland gives Freeman another tough target. Fast and possibly very explosive.

Kansas City Chiefs - Stefen Wisniewski

OL could go younger at center, and this helps solidify an underrated OL. This is the same franchise who rode an absolutely f*n monster of an OL last decade to some pretty sick offenses. Pouncey is the other option, but I could see them going C while Waters can play.

Indianapolis Colts - Stepphen Paea

Colts need more size and athleticism in the trenches. Paea isn't huge, but he's strong as heck and a decent athlete. They like different kind of guys on D, and I think he fits their mold.

Philadelphia Eagles - Muhammad Wilkerson

Eagles grab this guy right out of their backyard.

New Orleans - Ryan Kerrigan

Luck out with Kerrigan.

Seattle Seahawks - DaQuan Bowers

This team needs a playmaker somewhere. Supposedly they like him and I'd go as far as saying that Carroll probably tried to recruit him (he *was* the #1 recruit in the country or something). Good upside here, but still wish he didn't go to Clemson.

Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith

They need some secondary players, particularly CB.

Atlanta Falcons - Justin Houston

Just kinda fits to me...he'd do well there.

New England - Mike Pouncey

Belichick/Meyer relationship strikes again. Pouncey replaces Logan Mankins.

Chicago Bears - Nate Solder

Jets get lucky they are so OL hungry. WR might be an option too.

New York Jets - Akeem Ayers

Jets get a guy who can step in and start at the OLB spot across from Pace. A jack of all trades at LB who can be a major playmaker in this D. Looks taller than 6'3 because of good length, and a player I've liked more and more with time and discussion.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Derek Sherrod

Must protect the QB better...Roethilsberger gets hit alot...it's part of his game and alot of it is his fault, but there's not much athleticism or youth on that line anyway.

Green Bay Packers - Mikell LeShoure

Arguably the most talented RB in the draft, and a steal for the defending SB champs.

I actually like this one alot more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets mock:

1: Akeem Ayers - I guess this is my prospect of the week.

3: DeMarius Moore - WR from Tenn. has sick nasty speed and is moving on up. Could be a playmaker in the mold of Santonio Moss as an NFLer.

4: Chris Culliver - FS from South Carolina has some nice size and athleticism, especially athleticism.

5: Kenrick Ellis - I hope he goes higher but this would be sweet.

6: Alex Henery - Could go before this. Guy can kick.

7: Charlie Gantt - TE from MSU has an all around game and possibly upside.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Jets mock:

1: Akeem Ayers - I guess this is my prospect of the week.

3: DeMarius Moore - WR from Tenn. has sick nasty speed and is moving on up. Could be a playmaker in the mold of Santonio Moss as an NFLer.

4: Chris Culliver - FS from South Carolina has some nice size and athleticism, especially athleticism.

5: Kenrick Ellis - I hope he goes higher but this would be sweet.

6: Alex Henery - Could go before this. Guy can kick.

7: Charlie Gantt - TE from MSU has an all around game and possibly upside.
    That;s quite probable that the Jets draft will unfold like this, nevertheless would like us to come out of the draft with 2 or more passrushers Akeem Ayers would be a good start though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say trade up if Miller was falling like that... probably one of few I'd trade up for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd say trade up if Miller was falling like that... probably one of few I'd trade up for.
    Without a 2nd round pick I don't think the Jets have the ammo to do so...I don't even think trading all their picks gets them up to the #15 pick range..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without a 2nd round pick I don't think the Jets have the ammo to do so...I don't even think trading all their picks gets them up to the #15 pick range..
    Per Cimini, according to the draft chart if Jets traded all their picks in this draft to move up they would only get to pick 20 or 21.