Thread: dowling UVA

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

dowling UVA

just curious - do his injuries get him to last to the 3rd round? and are they significant enough concerns to pass on him if a player like this drops to 90+?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    just curious - do his injuries get him to last to the 3rd round? and are they significant enough concerns to pass on him if a player like this drops to 90+?
    at least...the issues are mostly medical- i've not heard of any jimmy smith type issues for dowling to this point...

he's got a private pro-day workout tomorrow...should be interesting...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the mocks i've been doing... out to 3 rounds... he usually lasts until 75-96... he could be there,he could be gone a few picks before the Jets 3rd round pick. If he didn't pull that hamstring and had a great combine, could be a high 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably an early 3 as long as there are no serious medical problems.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Probably an early 3 as long as there are no serious medical problems.
    half of his story is that he IS a serious medical problem, couldnt stay on the field last year, and couldnt stay on the combine turf either...

but the skills/athleticism/experience in-system is THERE.

wish this player would fall to 90+, REX would jump on his azz

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    half of his story is that he IS a serious medical problem, couldnt stay on the field last year, and couldnt stay on the combine turf either...

but the skills/athleticism/experience in-system is THERE.

wish this player would fall to 90+, REX would jump on his azz
    +1 That would be a great outcome for us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    at least...the issues are mostly medical- i've not heard of any jimmy smith type issues for dowling to this point...

he's got a private pro-day workout tomorrow...should be interesting...
    CBNY - any new thoughts from Dowling's pro day. Seems like he ran a real good 40?

Also i did some reading about him being injury "prone". Yes he was hurt this year but it was a fractured ankle, which is prety rare, and as far as I know isnt a debilitating type of injury. Before 2010, he wasnt injury prone at all.

Elected team captain which is always good, and seems to have more upside in zone defense and run support, then straight man coverage which I actually think is a better fit for us.

Aside from Revis, we are going to need to play a lot of zone coverage to beat the elite teams, and getting someone who excels in that type of defense could be great for us.

Worried he doenst make it to us in the 3rd round though....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    CBNY - any new thoughts from Dowling's pro day. Seems like he ran a real good 40?

Also i did some reading about him being injury "prone". Yes he was hurt this year but it was a fractured ankle, which is prety rare, and as far as I know isnt a debilitating type of injury. Before 2010, he wasnt injury prone at all.

Elected team captain which is always good, and seems to have more upside in zone defense and run support, then straight man coverage which I actually think is a better fit for us.

Aside from Revis, we are going to need to play a lot of zone coverage to beat the elite teams, and getting someone who excels in that type of defense could be great for us.

Worried he doenst make it to us in the 3rd round though....
    consider the source- some people still call DaQuan Bowers a one year wonder despite the fact the guy started and was productive since his freshman campaign....

found out literally one hour ago the Jets have shown zero interest in Dowling- which is surprising...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    consider the source- some people still call DaQuan Bowers a one year wonder despite the fact the guy started and was productive since his freshman campaign....

found out literally one hour ago the Jets have shown zero interest in Dowling- which is surprising...
    maybe medical concern?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    maybe medical concern?
    can't see it- his medical concerns were nothing more than groin/hamstring issues as far as i know...