Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gilgo Beach Serial Killer...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Another body found in the area yesterday...they really need to find out what is going on

[URL]http://www.riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4929-another-body-found-in-manorville-woods[/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4929-another-body-found-in-manorville-woods"]Another body found in Manorville woods[/URL] [/B]

[B]Last Updated on [/B]Thursday, March 22 2012 05:02 Thursday, March 22 2012 04:45
    Written by RiverheadLOCAL

[IMG]http://riverheadlocal.com/images/stories/2012_0322_manorville_remains.jpg[/IMG]
    Another body has been discovered in the woods in Manorville.

A jogger made the discovery yesterday in Manorville Hills County Park, which is located on Route 111 near the intersection with Oceanview Parkway, according to a spokesperson for the Suffolk County Police Department.

Police said Suffolk homicide detectives are investigating the discovery and an autopsy would be performed on the body. Police said it was not yet determined whether it was male or female.

This is the sixth body discovered in the remote wooded areas of the hamlet since 2000. Two male bodies were found in the woods near Halsey-Manor Road in 2000 and 2003. The dismembered bodies of two women were found near Halsey-Manor Road in 2000 and 2003 as well. One of those women was identified through DNA as Jessica Taylor, 20, whose torso without at head, hands and forearm, was found near the LIE in Manorville on July 26, 2003. The other woman remains unidentified.

Some of Taylor's body parts were found by police search teams along Ocean Parkway in Babylon on March 29 last year, according to Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota. On April 4 in the same area, police found the head, right foot and hands from the unidentified female victim, known as Jane Doe No. 6, whose torso was found in Manorville in November 2000. Police found the body parts along Ocean Parkway in the course of an investigation of a 2.6-mile stretch of Gilgo Beach, straddling the Nassau-Suffolk border, where the remains of eight people have been found.

Last month, a man walking with his dog in the woods off North Street in Manorville discovered human skeletal remains partly covered by leaves and undergrowth on the ground.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4410181]Another body found in the area yesterday...they really need to find out what is going on

[URL]http://www.riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4929-another-body-found-in-manorville-woods[/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4929-another-body-found-in-manorville-woods"]Another body found in Manorville woods[/URL] [/B]

[B]Last Updated on [/B]Thursday, March 22 2012 05:02 Thursday, March 22 2012 04:45
    Written by RiverheadLOCAL

[IMG]http://riverheadlocal.com/images/stories/2012_0322_manorville_remains.jpg[/IMG]
    Another body has been discovered in the woods in Manorville.

A jogger made the discovery yesterday in Manorville Hills County Park, which is located on Route 111 near the intersection with Oceanview Parkway, according to a spokesperson for the Suffolk County Police Department.

Police said Suffolk homicide detectives are investigating the discovery and an autopsy would be performed on the body. Police said it was not yet determined whether it was male or female.

This is the sixth body discovered in the remote wooded areas of the hamlet since 2000. Two male bodies were found in the woods near Halsey-Manor Road in 2000 and 2003. The dismembered bodies of two women were found near Halsey-Manor Road in 2000 and 2003 as well. One of those women was identified through DNA as Jessica Taylor, 20, whose torso without at head, hands and forearm, was found near the LIE in Manorville on July 26, 2003. The other woman remains unidentified.

Some of Taylor's body parts were found by police search teams along Ocean Parkway in Babylon on March 29 last year, according to Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota. On April 4 in the same area, police found the head, right foot and hands from the unidentified female victim, known as Jane Doe No. 6, whose torso was found in Manorville in November 2000. Police found the body parts along Ocean Parkway in the course of an investigation of a 2.6-mile stretch of Gilgo Beach, straddling the Nassau-Suffolk border, where the remains of eight people have been found.

Last month, a man walking with his dog in the woods off North Street in Manorville discovered human skeletal remains partly covered by leaves and undergrowth on the ground.[/QUOTE]

Is Brother Green going to come out of retirement and crack the case??? He is the man for the job.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4410200]Is Brother Green going to come out of retirement and crack the case??? He is the man for the job.[/QUOTE]

absolutely...tried to get him on the case a year ago, see the first post :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has there been any reports on how much money has been spent on this investigation?

Just wondering. Two counties, that already pay among the highest taxes in America, on the verge of bankruptcy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I'm not playing Swan Lake this summer, lest I wind up a corpse meself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4410200]Is Brother Green going to come out of retirement and crack the case??? He is the man for the job.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes I am. Give me forty fit men, a metal detector and some chalks.

I will show these hicks whats for.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4410203]absolutely...tried to get him on the case a year ago, see the first post :D[/QUOTE]

Former Commissioner Dormer of Suffolk was a pee brain and farged this thing up from the start. Hard to re-assemble a broken egg.

:rolleyes:

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this an everyday occurance in the big city?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3994208][B]The fact that all eight bodies have been found unburied in [B]burlap sacks [/B]has led many to say they are the work of a serial killer, [/QUOTE]

[B]L.I. Aquarium co-owner found dead in Mattituck[/B]
    By Michael White | [I][B]12/15/2011 [/B][/I]12:22 PM | News, Top News

[IMG]http://media.timesreview.com.s3.amazonaws.com/riverheadnewsreview/files/8929_195990013355_150488903355_4121037_848732_n.jpg[/IMG]

JAMES BISSETT III
    [B][I]Just months after opening the doors on the new Hyatt East End hotel and a renamed Long Island Aquarium in downtown Riverhead,[/I][/B] the complex’s co-owner, Jim Bissett III, was found dead Wednesday evening in a parked car in Mattituck, officials said.

“It is not being investigated as a suspicious death,” said Southold Police Chief Martin Flatley.

His body was found about 6 p.m. in the car, which was parked at Veteran’s Park off of Peconic Bay Boulevard.

Police spotted the car while on routine patrol, officials said.

“He was a wonderful man,” said Riverhead Supervisor Sean Walter, who first met Mr. Bissett in 2004. “You can’t really say much more than that at this point. And I’m so sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with his family.”

Mr. Bissett, 48, lived on a sprawling estate in Mattituck, complete with horse stables and indoor and outdoor pools. He had put the house on the market last year for about $8 million.

“No words can adequately express our sadness at Mr. Bissett’s death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him,” read a statement released Thursday by hotel and aquarium staff in Riverhead. “We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.”

Mr. Bissett, [I][B]whose parents founded Bissett Nurseries [/B][/I]in Holtsville in 1964, teamed up with Joe Petrocelli of Petrocelli Construction of Ronkonkoma to build what came to be known as Atlantis Marine World on East Main Street.

READ MORE ABOUT JIM BISSETT’S CAREER

Work began in 1999 on the aquarium and it opened the next year. It featured a 120,000-gallon main tank and several side exhibitions that played to the theme of the lost city of Atlantis.

“It’s not a science center,” Mr. Bissett explained in a News-Review profile of the business in January. “It has a theatrical theme” that helps make it fun for kids and families.

The Hyatt hotel opened in July, the same time the now-expanded aquarium was renamed the Long Island Aquarium and Exhibition Center.

“He’s just a wonderful man; truly an inspirational man,” said Mr. Walter. “It’s just a terrible time.”

See the Dec. 22 News-Review newspaper or check back at RiverheadNewsReview.com for additional information.

[email]mwhite@timesreview.com[/email]

[url]http://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview.com/2011/12/30318/breaking-news-l-i-aquarium-co-owner-found-dead-in-mattituck/[/url]
    Last edited by 32green; 05-04-2012 at 08:50 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, you think that's the serial killer? :confused:

Ironningly, I spent much of my younger years in Mattituck and the surrounding town. Still have some cousins living there. Used to go to Veterans park and the beach quite often. Beautiful area of Long Island, 'cept there's no way to earn a living out there, unless perhaps extortion of a millionaire, but then it goes wrong, and you've got a body in a car to hide and no time to hid...

Wait, wha? I didn't say anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused :erm:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He prolly had a massive stash of old burlap sacks :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4459515]I'm confused :erm:[/QUOTE]

Leave 32 alone... I think he might be having a Matlock moment.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4459521]Leave 32 alone... I think he might be having a Matlock moment.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Sellers_pinkpanther7.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;4459504][B]So, you think that's the serial killer? [/B] :confused:

Ironningly, I spent much of my younger years in Mattituck and the surrounding town. Still have some cousins living there. Used to go to Veterans park and the beach quite often. Beautiful area of Long Island, 'cept there's no way to earn a living out there, unless perhaps extortion of a millionaire, but then it goes wrong, and you've got a body in a car to hide and no time to hid...

Wait, wha? I didn't say anything.[/QUOTE]

It's always the aquarium co-owners.