Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilgo Beach Serial Killer...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I periodically take that route to and from work if the traffic is bad elsewhere. On a nice day the scenery makes my commute more calming than the aggravating experience it normally is.

It's kind of upsetting that some sick bastard is killing people and dumping them in a place where I go for tranquility.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always see these news stories about serial killers, and I'm torn about what the media is actually doing by reporting the story.

Does anyone think it's good, or bad? Doesn't matter? Do you think it matters when dealing with the killer's apprehension, preventing/inspiring copycats, etc?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3994282]There are Hampur Boundaries.

JT Boundaries

Roger Vick Boundaries :eek:[/QUOTE]

This.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3994253]nor I...every time I read about a serial killer I think about Son of Sam...

as to the cracks on prostitutes, they are all someone's daughters[/QUOTE]

Yes they are...[I]the Devil's![/I]

:devil2:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

well you know................

[QUOTE=jetswin;3994208]Perhaps 32 can offer some insight here, I don't how this can be anything but a serial killer...crazy story. If I've heard correctly the girl they are looking for, from Jersey City, actually banged on someone's door out there looking for help and then was never seen again. This happened months ago, why were the police not on this all winter? Snow?

[B]Three More Bodies In Burlap Sacks Found On Long Island[/B]

[IMG]http://gothamist.com/attachments/garth/201104_gilgosearch.jpg[/IMG]
    [I]Searching for bodies on Gilgo State Beach (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)[/I]

Last week investigators searching for the remains of missing prostitute Shannan Gilbert on Long Island [URL="http://gothamist.com/2011/03/30/long_island_investigators_find_anot.php"]found a fifth body[/URL] near Giglo State Beach to go with the [URL="http://gothamist.com/2010/12/14/four_bodies_found_on_li_beach_raisi.php"]four they found[/URL] last December. That body was quickly determined not to be Gilbert, so today investigators expanded their search of the underbrush between the road and the shore. And in less than five hours they found three more cadavers, similarly unburied and wrapped in burlap, about [URL="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=135119589"]a mile east down the beach[/URL].
    Part of the problem with finding the bodies is the the underbrush is a thick "4-foot-tall tangle of sea grass punctuated by scrubby pine trees" (not to mention ticks) is difficult to traverse. For today's search investigators used a combination of cadaver dogs, police academy cadets, detectives, volunteer firefighters looking down from fire ladders and helicopters. Turns out an over-reliance on the dogs, who really don't like the terrain, was an issue. "They don't like getting smacked in the face with the bramble," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said [[URL="http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/three-more-remains-found-in-gilgo-area-1.2799238"]reg req'd[/URL]]. "We learned from that that we can't rely entirely on the dogs." The search is expected to continue tomorrow.
    Meanwhile, the medical examiner is only getting ahold of the corpses now, so no identifications have been made but "certainly the medical examiner is going to be looking at the possibility that Shannan Gilbert is one of the remains," Dormer assured reporters.
    [B]The fact that all eight bodies have been found unburied in burlap sacks has led many to say they are the work of a serial killer, but Dormer says that—as of this morning—they couldn't yet "connect" the new bodies to the four found previously. Those bodies all turned out to be short-statured, white hookers who used Craigslist to procure their johns.[/B] Interestingly last week the Suffolk police said that Gilbert was the only known missing prostitute in the area. As for suspects, if there is one the police are keeping it quiet.[/QUOTE]

he is not black.............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3994281]8 murdered women is not serious enough for you? Even in the Hampur there are some boundaries.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever laughed at the episode of Seinfeld where Newman produces David Berkowitz's mail bag?

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3994282]There are Hampur Boundaries.

JT Boundaries

Roger Vick Boundaries :eek:[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3994306]Have you ever laughed at the episode of Seinfeld where Newman produces David Berkowitz's mail bag?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I did not find that particular scene funny at all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where the eff is 32peen :i_dont_kn

This is the type of thread he's supposed to jump in and tell us what's going on...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3994384]Where the eff is 32peen :i_dont_kn

This is the type of thread he's supposed to jump in and tell us what's going on...[/QUOTE]
    exactly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennesawjet;3994303]he is not black.............[/QUOTE]

why is that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's amazing! 8 bodies unburied in burlap sacks, and it's not connected! 8 bodies, unburied, in burlap sacks, and it's a totally random event! And it happened 8 times! Ho-lee-shyt! You've prolly got better odds of hitting Powerball 6 times.

So we've got 8 killers on the loose, not just one! Lock your doors!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;3994405]So we've got 8 killers on the loose[/QUOTE]

That eat a lot of potatoes...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994398]why is that?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3994409]That eat a lot of potatoes...[/QUOTE]

See above. They are obviously Irish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;3994405]That's amazing! 8 bodies unburied in burlap sacks, and it's not connected! 8 bodies, unburied, in burlap sacks, and it's a totally random event! And it happened 8 times! Ho-lee-shyt! You've prolly got better odds of hitting Powerball 6 times.

So we've got 8 killers on the loose, not just one! Lock your doors![/QUOTE]

I don't find that funny, mister.

[IMG]http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/3193/square/1279052383758.jpg?1279054176[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994398]why is that?[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leyx16SmuD1qa8wg3o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3994422][IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leyx16SmuD1qa8wg3o1_500.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

ah.

of course.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994429]ah.

of course.[/QUOTE]
    what's Jack Nicholson doing in there?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3994432]what's Jack Nicholson doing in there?[/QUOTE]

It's more disturbing that Graham Nash is in there. I had the impression that he was the cuddly one. :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3994463]It's more disturbing that Graham Nash is in there. I had the impression that he was the cuddly one. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Also Pavarotti (second row from bottom, our right) and Jack White (third row from bottom, three in from right).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3994463]It's more disturbing that Graham Nash is in there. I had the impression that he was the cuddly one. :eek:[/QUOTE]

a young Patrick Swayze is also on the collage.

who woulda thunk it?