Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilgo Beach Serial Killer...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/roger-staubach-heisman-1963-ap-filejpg-ca414bbdeb313ce9_large.jpg[/IMG]

holy crap, Roger the Dodger bottom right :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3994295]I always see these news stories about serial killers, and I'm torn about what the media is actually doing by reporting the story.

Does anyone think it's good, or bad? Doesn't matter? Do you think it matters when dealing with the killer's apprehension, preventing/inspiring copycats, etc?[/QUOTE]

I think it is a good thing because it tempts the serial killer to be drawn out to make a mistake and get caught. Seldom will you get copycat killers (but it does happen, e.g. my post below).

[QUOTE=Big L;3994405]That's amazing! 8 bodies unburied in burlap sacks, and it's not connected! 8 bodies, unburied, in burlap sacks, and it's a totally random event! And it happened 8 times! Ho-lee-shyt! You've prolly got better odds of hitting Powerball 6 times.

So we've got 8 killers on the loose, not just one! Lock your doors![/QUOTE]

I thought it said that the last 3 were not connected to the first 4. Maybe they saw changes in the M.O. for the last 3 that were not consistent with the first 4 which makes them think that this was a copycat, but they don't want to say that yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3994422][IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leyx16SmuD1qa8wg3o1_500.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

OK, so far we have:

[LIST=1][*]Jack Nicholson (center column, 2nd row from bottom)[*]Graham Nash (many candidates, WCO please be more specific)[*]Luciano Pavarotti (far right, 2nd row from bottom)[*]Jack White (pensive dude next to teh teef)[*]Patrick Swayze (middle row, 3rd from the right)[*]Roger Staubach (bottom right corner)[*]older, fatter Jets Things (directly above Jack Nicholson)[/LIST]

anyone else?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    :high: Is that the inside cover of Exile on Main Street?

Roger Staubach! whoa

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

because...............

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994398]why is that?[/QUOTE]

black people dont kill for fun and sport like that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennesawjet;3994525]black people dont kill for fun and sport like that.[/QUOTE]

lol. Right.

Actually, the correct answer is because historicly Serial Killers almost exclusively and without exception hunt within their own ethnic group. The vast majority are also men, women serials being rather rare (or caught a whole lot less).

I'm not a cop, but I watched CSI last night.

Oh, and...

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Zodiac-logo.png[/IMG]

He's still watching.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennesawjet;3994525]black people dont kill for fun and sport like that.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Drugs, money and the smudging of a Puma though. That's a whole nother story.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994505]OK, so far we have:

[LIST=1][*]Jack Nicholson (center column, 2nd row from bottom)[*]Graham Nash (many candidates, WCO please be more specific)[*]Luciano Pavarotti (far right, 2nd row from bottom)[*]Jack White (pensive dude next to teh teef)[*]Patrick Swayze (middle row, 3rd from the right)[*]Roger Staubach (bottom right corner)[*]older, fatter Jets Things (directly above Jack Nicholson)[/LIST]

anyone else?[/QUOTE]

You could make a case for a young Robert Plant (botton row, second in from right), Rory Gallagher (top row, second in), and the late Emperor Hirohito (top row, flush left).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3994553]You could make a case for a young Robert Plant (botton row, second in from right), Rory Gallagher (top row, second in), and the [B]late Emperor Hirohito [/B](top row, flush left).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3994544]lol. Right.

Actually, the correct answer is because historicly Serial Killers almost exclusively and without exception hunt within their own ethnic group. The vast majority are also men, women serials being rather rare (or caught a whole lot less).

[/QUOTE]

Jeffrey Dahmer was one of the very few exceptions.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3994565]:rofl:[/QUOTE]

:D

I also see a youthful Levon Helm (second row, first in), the "Biker Guy" from the Village People (fourth row, fourth in), Sigmund Freud (third row from top, flush right), and "Big " Paul Castellano (second row from bottom, second in from right).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3994544]lol. Right.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhxM1hjXlQ&feature=related[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3994417]I don't find that funny, mister.

[IMG]http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/3193/square/1279052383758.jpg?1279054176[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Didn't steal your thunder on that one, did I?

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh..... the DC sniper?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 Burlap sacks and all prostitutes?

There's room for hilarity in here... i can feel it

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

ugh..............

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3994620]Uh..... the DC sniper?[/QU

okay, thats one............

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennesawjet;3994696][QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3994620]Uh..... the DC sniper?[/QU

okay, thats one............[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was two.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3994384]Where the eff is 32peen :i_dont_kn

This is the type of thread he's supposed to jump in and tell us what's going on...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetswin;3994388]exactly[/QUOTE]

I know nothing ceptin the Suffolk PD is on the defensive about this one.

Personally, I'm not totally thrilled with the rich Oak Beach deek whose home Shannan Gilbert was last seen running from screaming "he's trying to kill me".

They still havent found her and supposedly she wasnt amongst any of the bodies found to date, including this weeks stash.

They did a search warrant, took his car, interviewed him with negative results, but I still dont like the whole coincidence of her never being seen alive again after leaving his house. (with the brief exception of a neighbor whom she pleaded for help, and btw, I hope they looked at that neighbor too.)

Unfortunately, if it is him, he seems to have done his homework and left no forensic clues or witness's, which puts him in the "organized" category of serial killers for now.

These days a savvy serial killer can watch two cops shows and get a pretty good idea of what not to do to be detected.

I wouldnt want to be the one to explain how the limits of the original crime scene were limited or why a more extensive search wasnt done, as logistically daunting as it would have been at the time.

Hind sight is 20-20 but that comes with the territory.

Oh and the FBI profiler 'puter prolly already spit out 24 Jets Things looking mfers as canditates by now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3994746]
    Oh and the FBI profiler 'puter prolly already spit out 24 Jets Things looking mfers as canditates by now.

:D[/QUOTE]

There is only One who can pull off Teh Red Ghey.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3994767]There is only One who can pull off Teh Red Ghey.[/QUOTE]

lol.....:D

So many ways to interprete that sentence.

So many ways.