Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily news

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    there's little real difference between picking at 30 and 40. they are all red chips, with similar salaries.

this is not like the difference between 5 and 15. It's all rd 2 grades after about 20 or so.

also I think Reed to Clay Matthews is a lazy comparison. He reminds me of Orakpo. Very very strong.
    The difference between 30 and 40 - at least as it relates to the Jets - is a 3rd round pick. That's what we'll net if we trade down (mas o menos).

And with this draft, I refuse to believe that a trade down won't be an option. There will almost certainly be someone who will be somewhat interested in moving up to #30. The Jets were said to be entertaining offers last year until Wilson fell into their laps. And there wasn't the draw of the late first/early second area like there is this year with all the potential QBs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhhh, I don't think the Jets have a pick at #32, and "Much ado about nothing" is such a fitting moniker. I couldn't have chosen a better one for you myself. I hope you guys get whom you deserve.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucsonpaint View Post
    Uhhhh, I don't think the Jets have a pick at #32, and "Much ado about nothing" is such a fitting moniker. I couldn't have chosen a better one for you myself. I hope you guys get whom you deserve.
    Que? Shouldn't you be promoting Brooks Reed in a more direct way?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friday April 15th

Rotoworld) The Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy is shooting down the idea of the Bengals selecting Blaine Gabbert at No. 4 overall.
    Analysis: "Unless Newton drops there, any QB at four is a reach," says Reedy. "Gabbert's a reach for this team because he doesn't fit [the West Coast offense]." Reedy believes Gabbert is a better fit for Arizona, and the Bengals' pick will come down to A.J. Green, Julio Jones, or Patrick Peterson. It's worth noting that Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson does have Gabbert going to Cincinnati at No. 4 overall, which would seem to indicate that some in the front office believe the Mizzou QB can handle the WCO.
    (KFFL) UCLA S Rahim Moore visited the Cincinnati Bengals, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.
    (KFFL) Alabama WR Julio Jones visited the St. Louis Rams Thursday, April 14, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.
    (FFChamps) Don Banks (Sports Illustrated) and Albert Breer (NFL Network) both believe that Seattle would strongly consider quarterback Andy Dalton if available at pick No. 25 in the Draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Jets conducted private workout this morning with TCU QB Andy Dalton, according to league source. Interesting. He could slip into first rd.

http://twitter.com/#!/RichCimini

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets | Met with Stephen Skelton (KFFL) The New York Jets met with Fordham TE Stephen Skelton last week.
    I've actually got 5 in my mock. 1 of them is a trade.
    (KFFL) Tennessee Titans vice president of player personnel Ruston Webster said he believes that as many as five quarterbacks could be taken in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, reports John Glennon, of The Tennessean. Ruston said he believes some teams will trade back into the first round in order to take a quarterback.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    (Rotoworld) ESPN's Todd McShay said on SportsCenter Friday that he's heard rumblings around the league that the Rams are angling to trade up for the No. 9 overall pick in the draft.
    maybe i've been a total retardo and the Rams are trying to beat WSH to the punch for Jones.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-15-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    #Jets conducted private workout this morning with TCU QB Andy Dalton, according to league source. Interesting. He could slip into first rd.

http://twitter.com/#!/RichCimini
    Trade down Smoke screen!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    03/28/2011 - Fordham Pro day: Tight end Steve Skelton (6-4 5/8, 252) also captivated the scouts at Fordham. He ran 4.70 and 4.85 in the 40, had a 28-inch vertical leap, 8-11 broad jump, 4.46 short shuttle, 7.48 3-cone drill and completed 25 strength lifts. Cardinals QB John Skelton, Steve's brother, was selected in the fifth round of the NFL Draft last year. A second Skelton sibling won't be drafted in 2011, but he will likely end up on a roster as a free agent. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1714022

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    maybe i've been a total retardo and the Rams are trying to beat WSH to the punch for Jones.
    And I was blasted for having the Rams trade up to get Jones in my last mock. (Though I did have them trading up to 5 to get ahead of Wash and Cleveland.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya that was me blasting you, lol.. well fck.

CIN is killing me. All my mocks depend on them. They take Green, that means CLE has to wrestle with Quinn vs Jones. No Jones there for WSH means who the hell knows. If they take Locker as a plan B, then MIN's gonna do something stupid... and my mock will be useless.

Gabbert to CIN. i need to know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya that was me blasting you, lol.. well fck.

CIN is killing me. All my mocks depend on them. They take Green, that means CLE has to wrestle with Quinn vs Jones. No jones for WSH means who the hell knows. If they take Locker instead, then MIN's gonna something stupid. and my mock will be useless.

Agreed, Cincinnatti is a key and they could do anything. It's tough to pick out who the big 'faller' and 'riser' is going to be this year. Each year some guy gets picked 10-15 picks earlier than you expect and someone drops. I could see a real mad scramble 10 to mid first if one of the top two QBs happens to start falling (which I think is possible).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well i got a couple of ideas for a few guys that will make a surprise appearence in rnd 1, but picks 5 - 15 are gonna be a mess if CIN balks on Gabbert, which i'm getting a nagging sensation they will..

the thing is, no FA means CIN, ARZ, MIN, TEN and WSH can't rely on signing a QB in that capacity.. ... so... what do they do?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Brown doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya right.

(KFFL) The San Francisco 49ers are meeting with University of Alabama WR Julio Jones (foot) Friday, April 15, a source told Matt Maiocco, of CSNBayArea.com. The team will have their doctors look at Jones' surgically-repaired foot.
    (Rotoworld) Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press and ESPN NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert are both convinced that Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara will be the Lions' first-round pick if he's available at No. 13. Analysis: Seifert calls it an "easy" decision, despite the team's need at offensive tackle. The Lions are going to have a tough decision if both Amukamara and Anthony Castonzo are on the board at 13, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them lean toward the cornerback. They don't have a single surefire starter under contract at the position, and Amukamara is an ideal system fit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half way though next year....."And Mathew Stafford once again goes down with a season ending shoulder injury as he was pasted and hurt for the 3rd year in a row. In other news the Lions are pretty good in a number of other areas."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ totally agree with you... but...

If someone gave me the choice of something like Smith/Castonzo & Harris or Amukamara & Ijalana/Sherrod ... i'd probably take the latter. Think the gab in talent is way bigger at CB

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see the ravens going defense with their first pick. Its all about protecting flacco. I say they go best Ot available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they're going defense. i heard it from the men themselves.

in other news. Toni grossi has it on a very good authority that CIN is in fact going with Green... boo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    they're going defense. i heard it from the men themselves.

in other news. Toni grossi has it on a very good authority that CIN is in fact going with Green... boo.
    Too bad he isn't going to be there for them.