Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodhead revisits getting axed by Jets ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Woodhead revisits getting axed by Jets ~ ~ ~

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27674/woodhead-revisits-getting-axed-by-jets[/url]

All Pro
    Make it happen! Vote the Woodhead!

Bewildered Beast
    I would love to see the cover jinx go to woodhead.

Im as big a Jets fan as the next guy but I can't wish any ill will on danny woodhead

all that kid did was make plays and hustle his ass off, from the minute he arrived to the day they cut him

he did every single thing humanly possible to make an NFL squad. I wish him the best of luck, even if he is a Patriot now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3994972]Im as big a Jets fan as the next guy but I can't wish any ill will on danny woodhead

all that kid did was make plays and hustle his ass off, from the minute he arrived to the day they cut him

he did every single thing humanly possible to make an NFL squad. I wish him the best of luck, even if he is a Patriot now.[/QUOTE]

Well said Bit I couldn't agree more...:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    I agree with bit. I even think that "say hello to my little friend" shirt is awesome. I'd totally sport that if i were a pats-fag.

It does suck he's a patriot, but I can't fault him for going where he was wanted.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3994972]Im as big a Jets fan as the next guy but I can't wish any ill will on danny woodhead

he did every single thing humanly possible to make an NFL squad. I wish him the best of luck, even if he is a Patriot now.[/QUOTE]
    +1

The best of good luck. Except against us. We gave you your start kid and you need to remember that the next time Monday night games roll around ;)

Mostly Just kidding.

Go go Joe McKnight !!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    nice little player

Joe McKnight will be a better one

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't root for the Patriots.

Therefore, I don't root for Danny Woodhead.

People who root for personalities > the laundry, good on them if that brings them happiness. I'm not that way, I root for the team above all else.

As such, I wish nothing but horrible play and dissapointment for every player on the Pats, Phins and Bills, because thats what is best for the New York Jets. Good guy or not. Ex-Jet or not. Rightly (or wrongly) cut or not.

He's the enemy. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree

I too root for the uniforms

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3995059]I don't root for the Patriots.

Therefore, I don't root for Danny Woodhead.

People who root for personalities > the laundry, good on them if that brings them happiness. I'm not that way, I root for the team above all else.

As such, I wish nothing but horrible play and dissapointment for every player on the Pats, Phins and Bills, because thats what is best for the New York Jets. Good guy or not. Ex-Jet or not. Rightly (or wrongly) cut or not.

He's the enemy. Period.[/QUOTE]
    He is the enemy when we play them.

Good player or not has pretty much been settled at this point.

Plus if he really is less than the stat line shows then we definitely want to keep him on the Pats. In that scenario there exists a chance that he would underperform in a big game against us at some point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=EM31;3995081]He is the enemy when we play them.[/QUOTE]

He (and his team) are the enemy at all times.

Any success of theirs is a negative for the New York Jets.

As such, [U]any[/U] rooting for them or their players to have success is rooting for something that is not in the interests of the New York Jets.

Reconcile that however you wish.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3995085]He (and his team) are the enemy at all times.

As such, [U]any[/U] rooting for them or their players to have success is rooting for something that is not in the interests of the New York Jets.

Reconcile that however you wish.[/QUOTE]

Have you considered that he takes up less laundry then a normal NFL back?

The fact that he's still in the Madden cover voting is hilarious.

900+ yards from scrimmage + 6TDs as a part time player and full time runt. I love the Jets, but can't hate Woodhead.

Jets Insider VIP
    why not?

he has joined the FORCES OF SATAN

F him

period

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3995085]He (and his team) are the enemy at all times.

Reconcile that however you wish.[/QUOTE]
    A little extreme there fish.

There are many quite plausible scenarios where the Jets might want and need the Patriots to win a game and so the "Any success of theirs is a negative for the New York Jets." assertion is simply does not not hold in all cases.

I get it. You despise Danny Woodhead, everything about him including the horse he rode in on. You want to turn that Woodhate into a litmus test to measure true Jets fans because the "he will never achieve anything in this league" argument is getting a little comical at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    sure am glad we kept " the ghost " instead of woodhead :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3995100]900+ yards from scrimmage + 6TDs as a part time player and full time runt. I love the Jets, but can't hate Woodhead.[/QUOTE]

Not bad when you consider LT had 6 tds and Greene 2..:eek:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=EM31;3995115]A little extreme there fish.[/quote]

In what way?

This isn't the U.N. or World Peace we're discussing, it's football. A passtime. I'm not interested in human-interest stories and feel-good success stories for our most bitter and hated rivals.

I'm interested in the team I am a fan of, their winning, and their rivals losing.

[QUOTE]There are many quite plausible scenarios where the Jets might want and need the Patriots to win a game[/QUOTE]

And in those very few and rare circumstances, the Pats win engenders a greater "win" for the Jets. An easy situation to root for.

[QUOTE]I get it. You despise Danny Woodhead[/QUOTE]

Untrue. I don't know him.

Do you? Whats he like?

It would be more accurate to say I do not respect Danny Woodhead as a player on the New York Jets.

[quote]You want to turn that Woodhate into a litmus test to measure true Jets fans[/quote]

I can only root as I see appropriate. My opinions on the topic have no power over other fans and how they choose to enjoy the sport or it's players.

[quote]the "he will never achieve anything in this league" argument is getting a little comical at this point.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As has been admitted repeatedly, I clearly did not evaluate his potential as a Patriot correctly, as he has clearly done very well there in his role. Whereas I felt he could be a decent roleplayer in their injury-ridden backfield when aquired, he has clearly bested that last year.

However, it should be stressed that success [U]there[/U] does not equate to success [U]here[/U], and it was here, as a Jet, that my opinion most strongly lay. And I maintain, he did not earn playing time here and was clearly beat out by those ahead of him here on the depth chart. As such, I still do not mourn his loss as many others here do, as we retain the better and more talented players here, in this system, for our team.