Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: My 2nd last mock before the draft...

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    My 2nd last mock before the draft...

    1 - Carolina: A.J. Green
    2 - Denver: Marcel Dareus
    3 - Buffalo: Von Miller
    4 - Cincinnatti: Cam Newton
    5 - St. Louis: Julio Jones (Rams trade up to get their WR)
    6 - Houston: Patrick Peterson (Texans trade up when Peterson falls to 6)
    7 - San Francisco: Robert Quinn
    8 - Tennessee: Blaine Gabbert
    9 - Dallas: Tyron Smith
    10 - Washington - Aldon Smith
    11 - Cleveland - Nick Fairely
    12 - Minnesota - Anthony Castonzo
    13 - Detroit - Gabe Carimi
    14 - Arizona - Da'Quan Bowers
    15 - San Diego - Cameron Jordan (Chargers trade up to get Jordan)
    16 - Jacksonville - Prince Amukamara
    17 - New England - Muhammed Wilkerson
    18 - Indianapolis - Mike Pouncey (Colts trade up to get ahead of KC and NYG)
    19 - New York Giants - Nate Solder
    20 - Tampa Bay - Corey Liuget
    21 - Kansas City - Akeem Ayers
    22 - Miami - J.J. Watt
    23 - Philadelphia - Ryan Kerrigan
    24 - New Orleans - Marvin Austin
    25 - Seattle - Jake Locker
    26 - Baltimore Ravens - Cameron Heyward
    27 - Atlanta - Adrian Clayborn
    28 - New England - Justin Houston
    29 - Chicago - Derrick Sherrod
    30 - Arizona - Christian Ponder (Cardinals trade up to get a QB)
    31 - Pittsburgh - Phil Taylor
    32 - Green Bay - Aaron Williams

    New York Jets: (Jets draft picks adjusted due to trade down with Arizona)

    2 (37) - Christian Ballard - DE - Iowa
    3 (78) - Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma
    3 (94) - Chris Carter - OLB - Fresno State
    4 (125) - Sione Fua - DT - Stanford
    5 (158) - Jah Reid - OT - UCF
    7 (197) - Aldrick Robinson - SMU

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1 - Carolina: A.J. Green
    2 - Denver: Marcel Dareus
    3 - Buffalo: Von Miller
    4 - Cincinnatti: Cam Newton
    5 - St. Louis: Julio Jones (Rams trade up to get their WR)
    6 - Houston: Patrick Peterson (Texans trade up when Peterson falls to 6)
    7 - San Francisco: Robert Quinn
    8 - Tennessee: Blaine Gabbert
    9 - Dallas: Tyron Smith
    10 - Washington - Aldon Smith
    11 - Cleveland - Nick Fairely
    12 - Minnesota - Anthony Castonzo
    13 - Detroit - Gabe Carimi
    14 - Arizona - Da'Quan Bowers
    15 - San Diego - Cameron Jordan (Chargers trade up to get Jordan)
    16 - Jacksonville - Prince Amukamara
    17 - New England - Muhammed Wilkerson
    18 - Indianapolis - Mike Pouncey (Colts trade up to get ahead of KC and NYG)
    19 - New York Giants - Nate Solder
    20 - Tampa Bay - Corey Liuget
    21 - Kansas City - Akeem Ayers
    22 - Miami - J.J. Watt
    23 - Philadelphia - Ryan Kerrigan
    24 - New Orleans - Marvin Austin
    25 - Seattle - Jake Locker
    26 - Baltimore Ravens - Cameron Heyward
    27 - Atlanta - Adrian Clayborn
    28 - New England - Justin Houston
    29 - Chicago - Derrick Sherrod
    30 - Arizona - Christian Ponder (Cardinals trade up to get a QB)
    31 - Pittsburgh - Phil Taylor
    32 - Green Bay - Aaron Williams

    New York Jets: (Jets draft picks adjusted due to trade down with Arizona)

    2 (37) - Christian Ballard - DE - Iowa
    3 (78) - Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma
    3 (94) - Chris Carter - OLB - Fresno State
    4 (125) - Sione Fua - DT - Stanford
    5 (158) - Jah Reid - OT - UCF
    7 (197) - Aldrick Robinson - SMU
    If you gave Watt instead of Wilkenson it would be a home run for the pats.

    I can't see how prince gets by Detroit.

    I don't see how Pouncey offers Value at 18, He is not the player his brother is and the colts will be better of looking at someone on the outside.

    AJ Green is like tits on a nun

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If you gave Watt instead of Wilkenson it would be a home run for the pats.

    I can't see how prince gets by Detroit.

    I don't see how Pouncey offers Value at 18, He is not the player his brother is and the colts will be better of looking at someone on the outside.

    AJ Green is like tits on a nun
    The Pats have shown they are not at all afraid to go off the board to get guys they like and feel fit the scheme. I do have Watt going lower than most mocks that is for sure.

    I'm banking on Detroit finally grabbing a brain and drafting an o-lineman. They along with Houston are poster boys for drafting the franchise QB and then letting them get killed for years while they dither on the o-line. I like Prince and do have him lower than most mocks but Detroit is stupid if ignore OT once again.

    I'm not sure what you mean buy your last comment, does that not mean he is useless? If so I disagree.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i couldn't fault CAR for taking Green, but it's hardly the right move given their franchise state of affairs and doesn't feel like its a priority right now. They need a leader, and they need D-line. They got enough production out of Gettis and Lafell when Clausen was throwing anywhere near them..

    Also i stopped reading after STL traded up for Jones. And i say that with respect, cause i hold you're draft mockery in high esteem. That's not the team's priority, at all.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    love the carter pick in the 3rd. that's who i hope they get there.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHy do the Cards trade down to us? Because they're afraid GB or Pitts is going to snag a QB?

    C'mon

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    i guess i couldn't fault CAR for taking Green, but it's hardly the right move given their franchise state of affairs and doesn't feel like its a priority right now. They need a leader, and they need D-line. They got enough production out of Gettis and Lafell when Clausen was throwing anywhere near them..

    Also i stopped reading after STL traded up for Jones. And i say that with respect, cause i hold you're draft mockery in high esteem. That's not the team's priority, at all.
    Dead last in the league in passing offence, Lafell and Gettis? That duo scares a lot of teams I bet.

    St. Louis has a star Qb, they have a very good RB, They have such legendary pass catchers as Amendola (who is okay for a slot) and Brandon Gibson....who you ask? They need a WR in a very bad way. You can argue that you think they will take another player but to say that WR is not a priority at all and is reason enough to 'stop reading' is bizarre to say the least.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    WHy do the Cards trade down to us? Because they're afraid GB or Pitts is going to snag a QB?

    C'mon
    Denver, Buffalo. (Mostly buffalo obviously)

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    AJ Green is like tits on a nun
    lol its true. Panthers QBs are awful they need a QB.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Dead last in the league in passing offence, Lafell and Gettis? That duo scares a lot of teams I bet.

    St. Louis has a star Qb, they have a very good RB, They have such legendary pass catchers as Amendola (who is okay for a slot) and Brandon Gibson....who you ask? They need a WR in a very bad way. You can argue that you think they will take another player but to say that WR is not a priority at all and is reason enough to 'stop reading' is bizarre to say the least.
    i don't think Lafell and Gettis either scary either, but bunch them with Smith, and it's serviceable. More serviceable than they were getting from a couple other positions... IMO.

    In regards to the STL thing, i've already went over this ad naseum in another thread (can't remember which one). They have... Mark Clayton coming back who was a big hit there, the team is super high on Danario Alexander (and they should be, he owned the NCAA in 2009) plus Gibson, Amendolahah, Robinson and Donnie Avery..

    There's huge injury risks in that list, but there's also a f*ck load of talent too. I'm not saying they couldn't use Jones, I'm not saying they won't take a look at him at #15, but it's far from their priority. They got some crazy depth issues and lack of talent on the defensive side. If they were to trade up, it would be for Peterson if he slipped past BUF IMO
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Dead last in the league in passing offence, Lafell and Gettis? That duo scares a lot of teams I bet.

    St. Louis has a star Qb, they have a very good RB, They have such legendary pass catchers as Amendola (who is okay for a slot) and Brandon Gibson....who you ask? They need a WR in a very bad way. You can argue that you think they will take another player but to say that WR is not a priority at all and is reason enough to 'stop reading' is bizarre to say the least.
    Donnie Avery will be back. But, I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point.

    Also - do you think Fua will realistically make it to the 4th round? If the Jets covet him, I'm guessing they need to pull the trigger in the 3rd round - especially if they have two picks there. Might not even get there.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    lol its true. Panthers QBs are awful they need a QB.
    You guys keep insisting on building the Houston Texans / Detroit method, get the franchise QB, let him get his ass kicked for 4 years until you develop the rest of the team.

    I prefer the New York Jets method. Build the o-line, build the defense. Then get the prospective franchise QB. For some reason every year people act as if there are going to be no good QB's coming out next year or the year after. There are prospective starting QB's in almost every draft.

    Now if the Panthers truly, 100% believe that Newton is the best guy out there and a true franchise player they should draft him. If they think, he is the best of the lot and we hope he pans out they should draft someone else.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Donnie Avery will be back. But, I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point.

    Also - do you think Fua will realistically make it to the 4th round? If the Jets covet him, I'm guessing they need to pull the trigger in the 3rd round - especially if they have two picks there. Might not even get there.
    I had them taking Fua in the 3rd round in my previous mock so that is a pretty big 'hope' on my part.

    St. Louis was actually middle of the pack in defensive categories last year (17th, 19th vs run and pass) They were the 25th running offense and the 21st passing offense. They have invested in the o-line the last few years by signing Jacob Bell and by drafting Smith and Saffold. They do need corners so that is a valid criticism of the pick though.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I prefer the New York Jets method. Build the o-line, build the defense. Then get the prospective franchise QB.
    So why put AJ Green at the top? If it's not Newton it might be Dareus... but i think that's a long shot. Newton is probably the pick, whether we like it or not.

    it cannot be understated how bad Clausen was last year. It wasn't just bad on the field, it was bad on the locker room. The other players don't respect him or even like him.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    So why put AJ Green at the top? If it's not Newton it might be Dareus... but i think that's a long shot. Newton is probably the pick, whether we like it or not.

    it cannot be understated how bad Clausen was last year. It wasn't just bad on the field, it was bad on the locker room. The other players don't respect him or even like him.
    Don't over value a player just because you have a big hole in that position when you are in rebuild mode. That is great way to stay mediocre for years. If Clausen stinks that bad you go out and find someone else, perhaps sign a stop gap vet.

    If the reason to get the QB is because this guy surely is a great franchise QB then go for it. If the reason to draft a QB who takes time to develop is because the previous guy sucked bad you are taking the wrong approach.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Don't over value a player just because you have a big hole in that position when you are in rebuild mode.

    I dont see how Newton is so overrated. He's got the most physical upside of any QB. He's won the most hardware. the draft is about winning, upside and QB's. What's the problem again? his "fake smile"?

    meanwhile AJ Green didn't even workout that well. a real case could be made that Julio Jones is better than AJ Green. I don't think a case could be made that Locker or gabbert have more upside than Newton.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I dont see how Newton is so overrated. He's got the most physical upside of any QB. He's won the most hardware. the draft is about winning, upside and QB's. What's the problem again? his "fake smile"?

    meanwhile AJ Green didn't even workout that well. a real case could be made that Julio Jones is better than AJ Green. I don't think a case could be made that Locker or gabbert have more upside than Newton.
    If the draft is about winning/production shouldn't Green's production and overall better game tape trump JJ's workout numbers.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    St. Louis was actually middle of the pack in defensive categories last year (17th, 19th vs run and pass) They were the 25th running offense and the 21st passing offense. They have invested in the o-line the last few years by signing Jacob Bell and by drafting Smith and Saffold. They do need corners so that is a valid criticism of the pick though.
    I hear ya, they're defense wasn't abysmal in the stat catergory last year, but i attribute a good deal of that credit to Spags and his defensive coaching staff. That was a defense that definitely looked to be overachieving out there. I have a feel they're going to be looking for talent and depth to bring that defense into the top 10 category and let the offensive gel and develop together... without having to push Sam & Co. to score just to keep them in games.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I dont see how Newton is so overrated. He's got the most physical upside of any QB. He's won the most hardware. the draft is about winning, upside and QB's. What's the problem again? his "fake smile"?

    meanwhile AJ Green didn't even workout that well. a real case could be made that Julio Jones is better than AJ Green. I don't think a case could be made that Locker or gabbert have more upside than Newton.
    Physical upside and hardware = Vince Young, Tim Tebow
    Physical upside = Alex Smith, Jalwalrus Russell

    To be #1 overall you better have physical upside, ability to read a defense, accuracy, good mechanics, projected ability to run a pro style offense. Like I said if Carolina feels he is all of this then by all means take him.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Physical upside and hardware = Vince Young, Tim Tebow
    Physical upside = Alex Smith, Jalwalrus Russell

    To be #1 overall you better have physical upside, ability to read a defense, accuracy, good mechanics, projected ability to run a pro style offense. Like I said if Carolina feels he is all of this then by all means take him.
    agree. i think the vince young failure may make teams more hesitant to invest a 1st round pick in guys who have the physical attributes but little else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us