Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Mayock's new Top 32

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    the best bet for the jets.is to trade up and draft ryan kerrigan d.e.I think that he has super potential to be great.
    Trade what?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks.

Edit: FWIW, McShay has a new 3 rounder that shows 4 QBs going from picks 34 - 41. Ham made this point earlier - SF is the perfect trading partner in that they really have to trade up to get one of those guys and trading up to #30 is really the place to go if they want to ensure themselves of one of those second tier QBs.

That really is the ideal trade scenario. Not putting too much credence into McShay's mock, but he does have both Bailey and Ballard available at that point.
    does he still have orlando franklin in round one???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He looks great throwing in an absolutely clean pocket. Bring even a little bit of heat and the accuracy goes down the drain. Big problem in my opinion.
    that's just one issue....the fact is he's a complete schmuck and is not well liked by most who know him....

separating the comparisons to matt jones and dan mcquire for a second this i can tell you- when they researched his background they could not find anyone at michigan who liked him...he stabbed henne in the back- and henne was not well liked....he's not even stepped into an NFL locker room and he's already being precieved as a problem, dare i say cancer....

Mallett- who i thought highly of at one point- will not be a first round pick...the 1st ronud QB's will be gabbert/newton (i that order) and a third- if the draft were held today the third would be andy dalton....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    does he still have orlando franklin in round one???
    Pick #57 now

I knew I'd catch sh!t for using McShay but it was really the first one I was able to access that wasn't blocked at work. I tried to caveat it several times in my post

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Pick #57 now

I knew I'd catch sh!t for using McShay but it was really the first one I was able to access that wasn't blocked at work. I tried to caveat it several times in my post
    didn't he have orlando franklin in round one not too long ago?? and he's dropped a full round???

if i'm off apologies to him....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Two things from McShay's mock....

If ayers is on the board and we stay in the 1st round and select Taylor Ill be very upset. I just dont see him being talented enough to be selected there for a defense like ours.

More importantly though, I think the ultimate deal would be with denver sending our #1 and #4 for #36 and #46. Its a high price for denver given the talent depth in round 2, but most of the depth is Dline and they will probably be addressing that in round 1. Plus, if elway really does not think tebow is the guy....making an aggressive move for ponder etc at #30 is not crazy at all.

36 and 46 get us 2 real quality players....especially if things go near the way mcshay has it, and ayers is still there at 36. Then we can choose from some combination of moore/ballard/bailey/justin houston etc, or even move back again to replace a lost pick.

Its somewhat of a dream scenario IMO, but teams have to pay to move up for QBs and Elway is a rookie GM....hopefully Tannenbaum can make it happen.
    I agree that getting those picks would be fantastic, but I disagree with Denver giving it up for a QB. They are switching back to the 4-3 and need a fair amount of pieces. If a QB does not fall to them, I see them sticking with what they have (and having Elway evaluate them for a full year). At the end of the day, I think Orton and Tebow are good enough to get them through the year and address the QB spot next year, while adding some surrounding pieces (DL, LB, secondary, OL) now.

Will they really take this approach is debatable, but IMO this is what they should do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I agree that getting those picks would be fantastic, but I disagree with Denver giving it up for a QB. They are switching back to the 4-3 and need a fair amount of pieces. If a QB does not fall to them, I see them sticking with what they have (and having Elway evaluate them for a full year). At the end of the day, I think Orton and Tebow are good enough to get them through the year and address the QB spot next year, while adding some surrounding pieces (DL, LB, secondary, OL) now.

Will they really take this approach is debatable, but IMO this is what they should do.
    I agree with you, Id play tebow all year, see what you have and if it doesnt work then address QB at the top of next years draft. That being said, new GM who is a former player might want to make a splash so hopefully Tann makes that call....