Thread: Thomas Keiser - any use as a 3-4 OLB?

All Pro

Thomas Keiser - any use as a 3-4 OLB?

Just been doing my "due diligence" on a number of mid-round prospects that could be of interest to the Jets.

One guy whose name came up in one of the preview mags that I don't know a lot about is Thomas Keiser, DE-OLB from Stanford.

Coming out as a junior when a lot of people thought he might stay in school. Has very good size and apparently has decent pass rush skills and experience as both a pass-rushing DE and as a 3-4 OLB. Not great speed (around 4.8 in the 40) but some feeling that he might be able to make it as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL with some work.

Anyone seen a lot of him or have an opinion on him? Might he be a decent developmental pick in say the 5th round if the Jets don't address the OLB spot early in the draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Just been doing my "due diligence" on a number of mid-round prospects that could be of interest to the Jets.

One guy whose name came up in one of the preview mags that I don't know a lot about is Thomas Keiser, DE-OLB from Stanford.

Coming out as a junior when a lot of people thought he might stay in school. Has very good size and apparently has decent pass rush skills and experience as both a pass-rushing DE and as a 3-4 OLB. Not great speed (around 4.8 in the 40) but some feeling that he might be able to make it as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL with some work.

Anyone seen a lot of him or have an opinion on him? Might he be a decent developmental pick in say the 5th round if the Jets don't address the OLB spot early in the draft?
    strictly a 4-3 DE, even by the admission of those around him....very limited athlete who i think struggles getting out of camp...

should've stayed in college another year but word was he had enough of school...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    strictly a 4-3 DE, even by the admission of those around him....very limited athlete who i think struggles getting out of camp...

should've stayed in college another year but word was he had enough of school...
    OK, thanks CBNY. I guess I can scratch him off my mock draft lists!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    OK, thanks CBNY. I guess I can scratch him off my mock draft lists!
    if you hadn't you should now....

Keiser was not invited to the combine, ran the forty at Stanford's pro-day but pulled up...he was unable to complete the shuttles/3cone/position drills...he set up a second workout yesterday to coincide with the workout of Taiwan Jones as Jones' workout venue was 40 minutes from Standford....no one showed up for Keiser's workout..ouch...