Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: another Japan earthquake

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788

    BREAKING NEWS: another Japan earthquake

    7.4-magnitude earthquake strikes off coast of Miyagi, Japan, Japan's meteorological agency says.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    7.4-magnitude earthquake strikes off coast of Miyagi, Japan, Japan's meteorological agency says.
    That's terrible!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    tsuanmi alert...holy ****

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Is that far from Fukushima?

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,570
    right after the 9.0, one of the news channels had a seismologist on who said that Japan would have aftershocks as a result for months afterwards....

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Is that far from Fukushima?
    Workers evacuate Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after 7.4-magnitude quake, Tokyo Electric Power Company says.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Workers evacuate Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after 7.4-magnitude quake, Tokyo Electric Power Company says.
    oh man...

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    A magnitude-7.4 earthquake struck Japan on Thursday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. The epicenter was off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture.

    Public broadcaster NHK reported a tsunami warning for Miyagi, saying people in the area should evacuate from the shore to a safe place.

    NHK also reported a tsunami advisory for Iwate Prefecture, saying a tsunami is expected to arrive in coastal regions there as well.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    A magnitude-7.4 earthquake struck Japan on Thursday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. The epicenter was off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture.

    Public broadcaster NHK reported a tsunami warning for Miyagi, saying people in the area should evacuate from the shore to a safe place.

    NHK also reported a tsunami advisory for Iwate Prefecture, saying a tsunami is expected to arrive in coastal regions there as well.
    Fukushima is in that prefecture...

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Fukushima is in that prefecture...
    Yeah it's 74 miles away. This is ridiculous.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    On the lets-have-fun-with-it scale, is this more off-limits than 8 dead hookers, or less?

    Mods?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    On the lets-have-fun-with-it scale, is this more off-limits than 8 dead hookers, or less?

    Mods?
    I admit I thought that the tsunami could help wash away some of the debris.

  13. #13
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    wow, unbelievable.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,164
    Mother nature just wants that Nuke plant to blow.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,530
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I admit I thought that the tsunami could help wash away some of the debris.
    lolz

    I mean, you insensitive dick!!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    My buddy who's been living in Tokyo for the past 7 years sent me an email today saying he's been transfered to Paris.

    Now this...

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    ...Miyagi, Japan...
    lolz

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Man those poor people. Please let them survive this.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,562
    another on just hit. 5.2 magnitute.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us