Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Masters 2011 Thread

Official Masters 2011 Thread

Rory McIlroy and Alvaro Quiros in the clubhouse with the lead at -7 :eek:

A few people picked McIlroy to have a good week, but Quiros came out of nowhere with his 65 today. Tiger's lurking, can't count him out after only one round. Ditto Phil.

I love this tournament. One of the greatest sporting events of the year, imo.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you get a chance...go to Augusta. Pretty neat place. The town is nothing special but the golf course and the way it is run is second to none.

Jets Insider VIP
    I got Watney, Immelman, Couples (sentimental pick), Westwood and Barnes in a pool. In first place by a lot after first round. Can't wait to hear bloviating Jim Nantz this weekend. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3996218]If you get a chance...go to Augusta. Pretty neat place. The town is nothing special but the golf course and the way it is run is second to none.[/QUOTE]

That's a bucket list type thing for me. I would LOVE to see Augusta in person. Top 3 destinations for me, in order: Augusta, St. Andrews, Pebble Beach.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3996222]I got Watney, Immelman, Couples (sentimental pick), Westwood and Barnes in a pool. In first place by a lot after first round. Can't wait to hear bloviating Jim Nantz this weekend. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Good pick with Barnes. Hopefully he can hang around over the weekend.

I always pull for Freddie too.

Hall Of Fame
    Does Tiger look as muscular these days? He was huge for a while. I don't believe he's not playing well because he's mentally frazzled or embarrassed, this guy doesn't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks of him. He probably stopped taking steroids when he was linked with that doctor, hence the downward spiral.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3996258]Does Tiger look as muscular these days? He was huge for a while. I don't believe he's not playing well because he's mentally frazzled or embarrassed, this guy doesn't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks of him. He probably stopped taking steroids when he was linked with that doctor, hence the downward spiral.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, if true. He's an arrogant doosh.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3996225]Good pick with Barnes. Hopefully he can hang around over the weekend.

I always pull for Freddie too.[/QUOTE]

His hats were almost responsible for me not picking him.

And any fan of golf who doesn't root for Freddie isn't a fan of golf.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3996258]Does Tiger look as muscular these days? He was huge for a while. I don't believe he's not playing well because he's mentally frazzled or embarrassed, this guy doesn't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks of him. He probably stopped taking steroids when he was linked with that doctor, hence the downward spiral.[/QUOTE]

How can steroids help you play golf? Tiger sucks right now because he can't hit a fairway and he can't make a put.

Hall Of Fame
    does he still look like this?

[IMG]http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/21/tiger_2.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3996360]does he still look like this?

[IMG]http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/21/tiger_2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Not exactly.

This was prior to teeing off yesterday.

[IMG]http://www.northmyrtlebeachgolf.com/course-architects/photos/John-Daly.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3996222]I got Watney, Immelman, Couples (sentimental pick), Westwood and Barnes in a pool. In first place by a lot after first round. Can't wait to hear bloviating Jim Nantz this weekend. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Hello friends, lol

my squad is Watson, Fowler, Overton, Westwood, Cejka (took him for yesterday's early tee time lol) Singh, and Allenby

All League
    I love this tournament also. Its great that you can watch all day on Masters.com while pretending to work.

I've got Mahan, Choi, Woodland (took a shot, kids got talent!), Poulter.

Choi and Woodland are towards the top, so I can't complain so far.

All League
    [QUOTE=32green;3996395]Not exactly.

This was prior to teeing off yesterday.

[IMG]http://www.northmyrtlebeachgolf.com/course-architects/photos/John-Daly.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I lol'd

All Pro
    Kinda sucks that other than online, there's no coverage on TV until 3PM. Not like I really love golf, I just wanted to watch the mosaic channel on DirecTV.

All League
    this is great.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KHh_c6Ha4[/url]

Hall Of Fame

Go Freddie go!

Had my brother put 100 pounds each way ($165 e/w) on Fred Couples to win the masters at 150/1. Place bet pays 1/4 of the odds for first through 5th place.

Go Freddie!

I wonder if my brother is thinking about losing my phone number.

Freddie currently tied for third place after completing his 2nd round.

All League
    I put money on KJ Choi and he is currently in 2nd. He was 25/1 odds. Sorry Freddie... go KJ!

:mergewithMastersthread:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3996739]I put money on KJ Choi and he is currently in 2nd. He was 25/1 odds. Sorry Freddie... go KJ!

:mergewithMastersthread:[/QUOTE]
    Choi finishing up now. Looking very strong. A win would be ridiculous for Couples but a top 5 still pays off somewhere in the $6K range.

All League
    [QUOTE=EM31;3996755]Choi finishing up now. Looking very strong. A win would be ridiculous for Couples but a top 5 still pays off somewhere in the $6K range.[/QUOTE]

nice, i hope he gets second!

Rory McIlroy is apparently a Jets fan according to the BBC:

"Northern Ireland's [B]Rory McIlroy[/B] is turning into a big American football fan. [B]He has confessed a love for the NFL's New York Jets[/B], and is so intrigued that he even bought a football on Wednesday before tossing it around to kill time before his impressive opening round."
    (Associated Press)

[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/9450995.stm"]link[/URL]