Thread: I am divorced, in Fl. and now get this e-mail..

All League

I am divorced, in Fl. and now get this e-mail..

So for you guys that read my earlier thread "I am getting divorced after 25yrs" check this out. I am getting settled and starting to move on, heart broken ?..yep. but its over. Now let me remind you this was all her doing she wanted me gone and I left.
    I have two children Chris 25yo and a daughter 19 gonna be 20 in June, OK my daughter still lives at home and attends college, my son has lived away for years now. I get a e-mail yesterday from my x that says that she now feels like she is entitled to child support for my daughter:eek:..My daughter receives a Stephine from the VA of about $950. mo. as a full time student, I pay her car insurance and she also has a debit card that is linked to my checking to use at her discretion. Oh and she is moving out in mid-may.
    Now that she (my X) has to budget her money like most of us she is going to try to find a way to get something from me. I guess she has been out several times with friends drinking and parting since I left, guess she doesn't have that in her budget.
    I called my daughter yesterday and asked if she has been borrowing money from my X she said I have no reason to, told me to ignore that ***** and go on with my life.. Both kids are coming to visit me in end may early June.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

tell her next time she asks you for scratch, tell her to go scratch

I commend your daughter. :cool:
    Last edited by jetswin; 04-08-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets80;3996361]So for you guys that read my earlier thread "I am getting divorced after 25yrs" check this out. I am getting settled and starting to move on, heart broken ?..yep. but its over. Now let me remind you this was all her doing she wanted me gone and I left.
    I have two children Chris 25yo and a daughter 19 gonna be 20 in June, OK my daughter still lives at home and attends college, my son has lived away for years now. I get a e-mail yesterday from my x that says that she now feels like she is entitled to child support for my daughter:eek:..My daughter receives a Stephine from the VA of about $950. mo. as a full time student, I pay her car insurance and she also has a debit card that is linked to my checking to use at her discretion. Oh and she is moving out in mid-may.
    Now that she (my X) has to budget her money like most of us she is going to try to find a way to get something from me. I guess she has been out several times with friends drinking and parting since I left, guess she doesn't have that in her budget.
    I called my daughter yesterday and asked if she has been borrowing money from my X she said I have no reason to, told me to ignore that ***** and go on with my life.. Both kids are coming to visit me in end may early June.[/QUOTE]

your Ex has balls

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3996364]
    I commend your daughter. :cool:[/QUOTE]

+1.

Just hope the ex doesnt have any legal standing that can be exploited by a lawyer.

Just thinking about this stuff makes me shudder, I've seen so many friends go through it. It sucks the soul out of you.

:(

All League
    [QUOTE=Heaven2Betsy;3996367]your Ex has balls[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am thinking. My kids are fired up over this she has lost everyone, that includes her own mother that says I am better off.:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=32green;3996383]+1.

Just hope the ex doesnt have any legal standing that can be exploited by a lawyer.

Just thinking about this stuff makes me shudder, I've seen so many friends go through it. It sucks the soul out of you.

:([/QUOTE]

I am not perfect but I treated that woman like gold. I would love the opportunity to sit down in front of a judge and discuss the divorce and how it came about.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... glad your daughter is going to be moving out ... tough for her to be caught in the middle i'm sure ...

... def b-s coming from the ex ... unfortunately this type of cr*p often goes hand in hand with end of relationship/divorce situations ...

... first and foremost, do all you can to legally protect yourself & your $$$ ...

... also though, emotionally prepare yourself (as best you possibly can) that these type of issues will continue to pop up as your wife is forced to take responsibility for herself now ... and suddenly will be faced with things in life that you always took care of ... but now she is confronted with ... WOW ... :eek:life ain't quite so easy on the other side like i imagined it to be :eek:... from how you've described her, sorry to say ... i would expect her to try and blame you still for everything that isn't going her way ...

hoping for the best for you,

l_j_r

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets80;3996386]Thats what I am thinking. My kids are fired up over this she has lost everyone, that includes her own mother that says I am better off.:eek:[/QUOTE]

My father always said its better to let people think you are an a$$hole than to open your mouth and confirm it...looks like she wanted to confirm it for you. Probably not a serious attempt but a desperate one thinking you would cave. My ex was talking to people about going after me for alimony...scary!

All League
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3996391]... glad your daughter is going to be moving out ... tough for her to be caught in the middle i'm sure ...

... def b-s coming from the ex ... unfortunately this type of cr*p often goes hand in hand with end of relationship/divorce situations ...

... first and foremost, do all you can to legally protect yourself & your $$$ ...

... also though, emotionally prepare yourself (as best you possibly can) that these type of issues will continue to pop up as your [B]wife is forced to take responsibility for herself now ... and suddenly will be faced with things in life that you always took care of ... but now she is confronted with ... WOW ...[/B] :eek:life ain't quite so easy on the other side like i imagined it to be :eek:... from how you've described her, sorry to say ... i would expect her to try and blame you still for everything that isn't going her way ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head...Thanks for the support..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3996383]+1.

[B]Just hope the ex doesnt have any legal standing that can be exploited by a lawyer.[/B]

:([/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3996391]... glad your daughter is going to be moving out ... tough for her to be caught in the middle i'm sure ...

[B]... first and foremost, do all you can to legally protect yourself & your $$$ ...[/B]

... also though, emotionally prepare yourself (as best you possibly can) that these type of issues will continue to pop up as your wife is forced to take responsibility for herself now ... and suddenly will be faced with things in life that you always took care of ... but now she is confronted with ... WOW ... :eek:life ain't quite so easy on the other side like i imagined it to be :eek:... from how you've described her, sorry to say ... i would expect her to try and blame you still for everything that isn't going her way ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Very important advice. Make sure you are insulated from any legal action she may attempt. After that you can move on and work at restoring your emotional well-being.

Best of luck to you and your kids.

Jeeze man that's awful... you sound like a good dude. Don't let her get you down.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If you got a lady and you want her gone.....

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7U3tbDblvP2RCOzX0bra5p3JM6D84O4Y-5qm-Mdbn0JbBW78Bjw[/IMG]

Seriously though - good luck bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ogl7jDvLhU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ogl7jDvLhU[/URL]

Not sure about FL Child Support laws, but she can most likely get you for something legally until your daugter graduates college.