Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife in the hospital

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this, Dimitri. So grateful that things calmed down. Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery and getting back home.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update?

Hope all is well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3997588]Any update?

Hope all is well.[/QUOTE]

Just got home. The steroids helped her and the swelling went down. It's going to take a while for her to get back to normal but she'll be ok. Won't be able to figure out what happened until next week when the steroids wear off. Thanks everybody for best wishes once more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997646]Just got home. The steroids helped her and the swelling went down. It's going to take a while for her to get back to normal but she'll be ok. Won't be able to figure out what happened until next week when the steroids wear off. Thanks everybody for best wishes once more.[/QUOTE]

Good news, bro.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3997647]Good news, bro.[/QUOTE]

+1

Glad she's home.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    She's still got a bad rash all over her. I've never seen anything like it before.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news, glad it worked out

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3997453]I went through something like this once, you've got to stay strong in front of her. You can break down when you're by yourself.[/QUOTE]

+1

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997651]She's still got a bad rash all over her. I've never seen anything like it before.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear she is doing better.

My daughter had a reaction to the seizure med we put her on, hives all over her body, starting on the thighs and going from there. First thing I thought of was Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Thankfully that was ruled out.

Best of luck to finding out the cause and I hope your wife feels better. Keep us updated, friend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear that all is well. Keep your head up Dmitri!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997433]She was on antibiotics pretty much and the last days but nothing occurred up until today. Her shaking finally subsided thank God.[/QUOTE]
    My daughter had a horrible allergic reaction to some anti biotic when she was young, it was something in the dye, I think it may have been pink or red. Hives and swelling, similar except for the breathing problems.

Glad your wife is doing better, I suspect it was the drugs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man I know too well the kind of anguish you just went through.

Glad she seems to be doing better, and hope they find out soon what happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997651]She's still got a bad rash all over her. I've never seen anything like it before.[/QUOTE]

sorry about your situation brah. happened to my wife when we where dating.. found out the hard way that she was allergic to fan shrimp... either it was undercooked or i dunno what. moments like this though truly remind you how important people like this are in your life... god bless you and yours there buddy.. :)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be exhausted too.

I'm glad things are headed in the right direction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just found out that the antibiotics that she taking has some penacylin in it. I should go tomorrow and break that doctors legs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997857]Just found out that the antibiotics that she taking has some penacylin in it. I should go tomorrow and break that doctors legs.[/QUOTE]

Hey at least you know what it is.

Glad to hear she is better, bro.

Take a deeeeeeep breath. There are non-leg breaking ways to handle this.

:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3997857]Just found out that the antibiotics that she taking has some penacylin in it. I should go tomorrow and break that doctors legs.[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me.:eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That's incredible. If he was informed of her allergy beforehand, that's a blatant malpractice.

Best news though, is you now know what it was and she's on the mend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    That is some scary sh!t. Glad to hear that she is doing better. Here's hoping that she continues to improve and this will only be a short term (albeit really scary) episode.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife went to the doctor by herself but I'm assuming the doctor asks you before prescribing if you're allergic to anything. Plus on top of that her pharmacist has a note in the system that she should not be prescribing her anything with penecylin in it.

She's EXREMELY allergic to penecylin, thank God there are only traces of it in the prescription.