Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife in the hospital

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3998052]
    As for the alergic reaction and hives, that once happened to me (about 20 Years ago) and it was really scary, till this day I don't know what caused it but it was definitely an alergic reaction and I broke out in hives from head to toe, not a single part of my body was spared, from my feet to the top of my scalp and everywhere in-between.

I called my doctor (night) and he asked me if I had any Benedryl in the house, as luck would have it I did, so he told me to take two of them (usual dosage is one) and if the hives don't start to clear up within the hour go right to the ER

Well I took two Benedryl's and before the hour was up my hives started to clear and I was no longer itching like crazy. When I saw that it was working I took another one, which I probably didn't need because it was clearing up with the two, but I saw it was working and just felt like flooding my system with one more ... worked like a charm.

Its never happened again, but till this day I always keep Benedryl in the house just in case.[/QUOTE]

Was this when I posted my Power Rankings in your Power Rankings thread?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3998052]Demi, I'm glad shes doing better now, but when she gets well you should think about seeing a lawyer, this could have been a lot worse and that was definitely negligence.

As for the alergic reaction and hives, that once happened to me (about 20 Years ago) and it was really scary, till this day I don't know what caused it but it was definitely an alergic reaction and I broke out in hives from head to toe, not a single part of my body was spared, from my feet to the top of my scalp and everywhere in-between.

I called my doctor (night) and he asked me if I had any Benedryl in the house, as luck would have it I did, so he told me to take two of them (usual dosage is one) and if the hives don't start to clear up within the hour go right to the ER

Well I took two Benedryl's and before the hour was up my hives started to clear and I was no longer itching like crazy. When I saw that it was working I took another one, which I probably didn't need because it was clearing up with the two, but I saw it was working and just felt like flooding my system with one more ... worked like a charm.

Its never happened again, but till this day I always keep Benedryl in the house just in case.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if the doctors gave your wife Benedryl?[/QUOTE]

Ham she's been taking Benadryl by the handful. The stupid dummy wanted to go to work today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3998051]My wife went to the doctor by herself but I'm assuming the doctor asks you before prescribing if you're allergic to anything. Plus on top of that her pharmacist has a note in the system that she should not be prescribing her anything with penecylin in it.

She's EXREMELY allergic to penecylin, thank God there are only traces of it in the prescription.[/QUOTE]

Standard question on all forms before first doctor-patient interaction: Are you allergic to any medications? Do you have any allergies? Responses are kept in patient files. Failure to ask that question or refer to file is blatant malpractice. Happy your wife is recovering. Probably never should have happened.