Thread: Might next season be a Pro Bowl one for Keller ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Might next season be a Pro Bowl one for Keller ? ? ?

> [url]http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/the-boone-docks-1.1279166/might-next-season-be-a-pro-bowl-one-for-keller-1.2809682[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what????

a thread without squiggles??

impossible

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still just a link with no content, though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire Schotty and Keller makes the pro bowl the following season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seemed to be all about what became a priority from week to week last season. The Jets had so many new faces to incorporate into their offensive plans. Keller, Edwards, Holmes, and they still had to keep mainstays like Jerricho Cotchery active in the offense. I'm sure that job wasn't easy.

When the season began, Keller was IMO our most immediate weapon. He put up some gaudy numbers in the first 3 weeks of the season. Had that trend kept up he would have surely made the pro bowl. But when Holmes came back from suspension, it all of a sudden became a priority to get Holmes involved. It appeared as though Keller was deliberately neglected in that effort to get Holmes involved. During that same period Braylon Edwards got neglected and sort of left out of the gameplan also.

All I can say is Keller seems to be a safety outlet whenever the Jets offense is sputtering or in trouble. He always seems to be the guy that gets that first catch and starts the offense moving the ball. I believe he'll make the pro bowl this season because he'll be even more heavily utilized. With so many great players the Jets have at the skill positions, it's pretty much pick your poison when you play them. I believe the guy that will be able to exploit the defense the most is Keller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Keller has had his moments, they have been too few and far between to be even remotely considered a PB caliber player. Is there some magic wand that is going to get him to the that level?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. launch schitty. they could do like the 80's raiders when they had christensen, cliff branch, barnwell and allen as the primary receivers. christensen put up greeat numbers while branch and barnwell were good. allen had the second most receptions.

i'm not sure what schitty's problem is. he never seems to let guys get the hot hand so we see pass formations that feature the full back or guys like hartsock. makes no sense.

[QUOTE=Il Mostro;3997835]While Keller has had his moments, they have been too few and far between to be even remotely considered a PB caliber player. Is there some magic wand that is going to get him to the that level?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What have we seen from Keller that could make a case for All-Pro? I love the guy but let's see first.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3998688]What have we seen from Keller that could make a case for All-Pro? I love the guy but let's see first.[/QUOTE]

For a start he needs to get more consistent and stop the dropsies. He certainly has the talent though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3997788]probably not.[/QUOTE]

but it might be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he can add 4" in the offseason and catch balls thrown into his hands yes.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PB, who cares. He has to step up, as does the OC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he:

1) can consistently hold onto the ball when it hits him in the ends
    2) when he has the ball, run forward with it and truck (as opposed to the constant flip and flops he tries to do to get around defenders)

than he certainly has a better chance.