Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(8) vs. Washington Capitals(1): Easten Conference Quarterfinals

Great f'ing win this afternoon

All Pro
    Their coach (the guys who looks like the Penguin) blasted MSG and Ranger fans. BOOOOOOOOO. Game 4 should be loud. If the Rangers can take it, the Caps past may take over their mind state. Going to be tough but the best chance to win is to make it ugly and just steal goals. Hopefully, Gaborik can steal one.

All Pro
    Yeah a 1-8 in hockey is a lot different than basketball. Hockey isnt as star dominated as the NBA and the 8 seeds are usually young, scrappy teams who had to be hot at the end of the season to even get in the playoffs. The Rangers are not intimadated at all by the Caps. In fact, Im pretty sure theyre head hunting Capitals D-man Mike Green who recently had a head injury. Since the Knicks arent on tomorrow and David Price pitched last night, you should def check out the game on Versus tomorrow. The Garden should be pretty loud.

Banned
    lol BRJ I didn't mean to delete that post, went to edit it and don't know what happens but this was my OP....

I'll be the first to admit... I'm not a big hockey fan in the same types of ways that I could really never get into soccer for some reason. Come world cup time? I'm pulling for our American team with Country love and pride like never before.

When the Rangers are in the playoffs, as a New York Knicks fans, how could I not pull for MSG's hockey team?

I haven't really followed the Rangers roster since the days of Messier, Leetch, Graves and Richter. I really enjoyed those Ranger teams. I guess as I've gotten older, I just moved away from hockey and put all my heart into the NFL, NBA and MLB over the years.

With this years Rangers team? I'll be the first one to admit, I know next to nothing about them but I do enjoy watching Dubinsky. He's always fun to watch, he's just an exciting talent for the Rangers. Sean Avery is another player I like. He plays with NY toughness and always seems to be getting into some ****. I like those types of hockey players.

I've been impressed with the Rangers. Some thought they had no chance but yet the series is 2-1 with the Rangers having a chance to tie the series up at 2-2 inside of MSG. All I know about hockey is this... The Rangers are the 8th seed, the Capitals are the 1 seed... The Rangers have a chance to shock the sports world with a series victory over Washington. Lost in overtime and lost by 1 goal the other game... Coming off a 1 goal win the other night... One thing is for sure; they haven't backed down as an 8th seed and thats something you have to respect.

And yeah, I'll DVR the Rays game tomorrow and catch the Rangers game live since the Knicks have an off night

Boudreau is an idiot. No clue why he would come out and say that. I guess just add another thing to the list of why he's a ****ty coach.

Flipping between this and the Yanks game. Anyone here? Anyone?

2 goals in two seconds, great!

The Rangers threads for the playoffs are normally great, I guess a lot of the hockey guys don't come to the board anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    2 goals in two seconds, great!

The Rangers threads for the playoffs are normally great, I guess a lot of the hockey guys don't come to the board anymore.
    As solid a period as we have seen all year by the blue shirts!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    As solid a period as we have seen all year by the blue shirts!
    And they follow that up with this period???

All Pro
    Welp. I'm dead inside from sports so I can deal with what's coming

Rangers just blew the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Rangers just blew the series.
    Winner of that game was winning the series. Nice hustle by Gabby but ugh, messed that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    If you blow a 3-0 lead and completely stop scoring for 4 Periods you don't deserve to win
    they should have had an easy breakaway by gabby right as the first OT started but stupid ref got in the way.

Just as soon as I start to believe the 3rd period has me yelling "I don't believe this!"

Tragic.

T-o-a-s-t.............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Rangers better tighten it up.

Down 1-0 at intermission... and they are lucky.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Rangers better tighten it up.

Down 1-0 at intermission... and they are lucky.

-
    I really hate Mike Green, wanna see one of the rangers lay him out but i hope he is okay, that puck looks like it hit him in the head.

The rangers are flat, with the exception of the Prust/Avery/Boyle line there is no energy

With Callahan we win this series easily

I still got faith

LETS GO RANGERS

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    I really hate Mike Green, wanna see one of the rangers lay him out but i hope he is okay, that puck looks like it hit him in the head.
    Yeah, he's back on the bench. Rangers in dire straights now 2-0.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Caps were relentless today.

Best team won.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Caps were relentless today.

Best team won.

-
    I guess The best team is never my team.

Here's to the mets being able to compete enough to fill the void to next NHL season and hopefully football