Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hampur Acoustic/Electric Guitar Help

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4000058]It was hers. She gave it to me, then took it back when we split after four years being together. I was glad to rid myself of that idiot, but still feel the sting of losing that stringed beauty.

I live in the same "research" hell. Just keep playing the instruments until a light goes off. You'll know.[/QUOTE]

Now would getting a 614ce in blue be super ghey... or acceptable? :P

[IMG]http://www.imagineguitars.com/archive/acoustic/006_taylor_614ce_blue/pics/bod_upper.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000068]Now would getting a 614ce in blue be super ghey... or acceptable? :P

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't like the color. But, if it's your taste, go with God. Buy what makes you happy.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000068]Now would getting a 614ce in blue be super ghey... or acceptable? :P

[IMG]http://www.imagineguitars.com/archive/acoustic/006_taylor_614ce_blue/pics/bod_upper.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Super ghey. Almost as ghey as Red Ghey.

Why are you getting the Fishman pickup and not the expression system?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4000073]Personally, I don't like the color. But, if it's your taste, go with God. Buy what makes you happy.[/QUOTE]

The natural one is so beautiful I would be hard pressed to go any other color. The 814 I'd consider sunburst, but once again the natural is great.

Sunburst:

[IMG]http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/7-22-10/Taylor_814CE_Tobacco_Sunburst_1106240084_1.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4000010]Ruby as the front man??[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah.

We'll call ourselves the "Wife Beaters"....:P

[QUOTE=southside;4000074]Super ghey. Almost as ghey as Red Ghey.

Why are you getting the Fishman pickup and not the expression system?[/QUOTE]

Just a random picture.. would be expression system.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000078]Just a random picture.. would be expression system.[/QUOTE]

Are you good enough to play this guitar?

[QUOTE=Micaboy;3999952]
    Do they sound that good? Always interested but never saw one in person.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has different taste and a different ear. Salespeople in shops always hand me guitars they think sound awesome, "Aw, you gotta hear this one," but I think they sound pretty blah. I look for colorful character tone that's somewhat unpredictable and unique. Like the best of the best Martins and Taylors. Rainsongs are right up there, each model. They tested them well before mass producing them.

Most Guitar Centers stock them. Most Sam Ashes don't; they sell them on the web mainly.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4000026]I have always liked the tone of the J200, maybe because my experience was with older ones. I really wanted Poli to play one, but will defer if the new models don't meet former standards.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Rainsong. Would love to play one, but not sure about those dolphin inlays. :D[/QUOTE]

Those are sharks. I hate them too, in fact that's the only feature I'd change. Wish they were large chunky Gibson style - perhaps Maui rain clouds. That's what they should be anyway.

The best acoustic I ever heard was a '93 J200. That one guitar got me hooked. However, 18 years have passed and I've yet to find another like it. They all sound vanilla to me. Still, they're great guitars. I play them wherever I see them.

Last summer I took a trip to Houston just to hunt for J200s, particularly at Fuller's. They had 12-fret J's I was dying to hear. Great shop. Nothing that I wanted to buy though.
    Last edited by innerjet; 04-13-2011 at 03:29 PM.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000076]The natural one is so beautiful I would be hard pressed to go any other color. The 814 I'd consider sunburst, but once again the natural is great.

Sunburst:

[IMG]http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/7-22-10/Taylor_814CE_Tobacco_Sunburst_1106240084_1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Not digging the finish colors on that sunburst. Reminds me of the old Emenee plastic guitars. (32 and JW will remember that commercial, I think.)

[URL=http://img846.imageshack.us/i/200u1095bodyfront.jpg/][IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2308/200u1095bodyfront.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Jets Insider VIP

[IMG]http://www.imagineguitars.com/archive/acoustic/006_taylor_614ce_blue/pics/bod_upper.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Looking at the "pre wired" acoustics ..... for me, something is SO unnatural about that. I LOVE a nice acoustic, that has NO signs of being wired.

But ...like all have said, go with your heart, this guitar will be around a long time.

BTW...play any Jack Johnson? As I listen to new music, on occasion I hear stuff I like and I've learned some of his stuff. Pretty good guitar player he is.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4000074]Super ghey. Almost as ghey as Red Ghey.

Why are you getting the Fishman pickup and not the expression system?[/QUOTE]

:steamin:

[QUOTE=southside;4000081]Are you good enough to play this guitar?[/QUOTE]

If the question is...am I good enough to do justice to this guitar? Hell no. Do I hope to one day? Yes.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4000087]Looking at the "pre wired" acoustics ..... for me, something is SO unnatural about that. I LOVE a nice acoustic, that has NO signs of being wired.

But ...like all have said, go with your heart, this guitar will be around a long time.

BTW...play any Jack Johnson? As I listen to new music, on occasion I hear stuff I like and I've learned some of his stuff. Pretty good guitar player he is.[/QUOTE]

I actually only know a few of his most popular songs, but I do like his style. I'll check some out.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000093]If the question is...am I good enough to do justice to this guitar? Hell no. Do I hope to one day? Yes.[/QUOTE]

I get the feeling you're trying to play guitar to get laid.

[QUOTE=southside;4000111]I get the feeling you're trying to play guitar to get laid.[/QUOTE]

Haaaa. I rarely play in front of anyone so no... at least not yet.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4000113]Haaaa. I rarely play in front of anyone so no... at least not yet.[/QUOTE]

he meant laid by yourself

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4000087]Looking at the "pre wired" acoustics ..... for me, something is SO unnatural about that. I LOVE a nice acoustic, that has NO signs of being wired.

[/QUOTE]

you and me both

but if it sounded good and I needed it, I'd go for it

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4000117]he meant laid by yourself[/QUOTE]

Who needs a guitar for that??

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4000119]Who needs a guitar for that??[/QUOTE]

Well the hole is the perfect size for me so...

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=southside;4000137]Well the hole is the perfect size for me so...[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a perfect 1/4 inch!

Congrats, and thanks for sharing. :P

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4000142]Wow, you are a perfect 1/4 inch!

Congrats, and thanks for sharing. :P[/QUOTE]

Wrong hole foo! :D