Thread: 1968 Jets on now

Practice Squad

1968 Jets on now

Not sure what it's about but on NFLN

[QUOTE=NEWNYJETS;3998555]Not sure what it's about but on NFLN[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it :D I was going to give folks here a heads up.

Worth the watch peeps. :yes:

Joe to Maynard was a thing of beauty

I can't see who #32 RB for the Jets is?

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3998569]I can't see who #32 RB for the Jets is?[/QUOTE]

Emerson Boozer

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfansocal;3998615]Emerson Boozer[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    jetsfansocal
    Rookie

[/QUOTE]

l_j_r

You old timers are damn lucky! Musta been a great season to be a fan.

Anyone have (or know how to get) any full-game DVDs from that season? Then maybe even the Jet/Giant game that followed the next preseason? Which I'm pretty sure was first match-up ever between the two.

On another note, that field looked like complete crap for the AFL championship game that year. Like a construction site or something. No wonder Joe started falling apart. (Ha, imagine Pennington on that field.) Has to make ya appreciate the place we have now, even if it did cost $137 billion to build.

[QUOTE=Mike135;3998762]You old timers are damn lucky! Musta been a great season to be a fan.

Anyone have (or know how to get) any full-game DVDs from that season? Then maybe even the Jet/Giant game that followed the next preseason? Which I'm pretty sure was first match-up ever between the two.

On another note, that field looked like complete crap for the AFL championship game that year. Like a construction site or something. No wonder Joe started falling apart. (Ha, imagine Pennington on that field.) Has to make ya appreciate the place we have now, even if it did cost $137 billion to build.[/QUOTE]

Those old AFL games were great. The rivalries, the defenses, the offenses, the QB's. A great deal of intensity was on display back then.

When I look at today's games, and I still enjoy a lot of them, the teams that are bad just seem to quit too easily. The Dolphins were a bad team then, but when they got Griese, they played better. Later on they got Shula.

I remember when Johnny U entered the game. Even though I was young, I knew that there was something special about him. You could feel the apprehension rise.

Back then, there was not all of the coverage in football like there is today. The AFL set the stage for the game today.

The '68 Jets were tough. An excellent O line (Winnie Hill - why is he not in the HOF?) and the D was led by the line also. Gerry Philbin and Verlon Biggs were extremely physical DE's.

Shea Stadium was a dump for football

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3998725]l_j_r[/QUOTE]

?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfansocal;3999035]?[/QUOTE]

best 85th post ever!:)

[QUOTE=Peebag;3999060]best 85th post ever!:)[/QUOTE]

Biggest A-hole ever!:yes:

I just got through posting this America's Game episode on my YouTube channel...

sig