Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Come get the latest Jets mock!!!!11

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Come get the latest Jets mock!!!!11

LETS DOOOOO THIS!!!!

1: Martez Wilson - A freak of an athlete who otherwise profiles similarly to Akeem Ayers. Wilson might strike some as "soft" or a guy who lacks awareness, but he was recruited as a DE to end up playing ILB after a couple position shifts. Has some prospects as a 3-4 OLB, though most people have him graded as an ILB prospect. Personally, I don't like him as much as Ayers, but the guy is a physical specimen with legit upside as a 3-4 LB.

I also think we'll be seeing more guys like Clay Matthews, Von Miller, Wilson, and Ayers (HS DEs moved to LB and then given some kind of hybrid position where maybe they end up looking like bungholes as ILBs)...and that there's going to be less of a difference between a 3-4 ILB prospect and OLB prospect over time if there isn't already...hell there's already been a few guys...Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, and Karlos Dansby...who blur or blurred the line between ILB and OLB in a 3-4 anyway...and if you'll recall the Pats used to kick Vrabel inside if/when Bruschi got hurt...

3: Marcus Gilchrist - Might offer some kick return potential as well as FS potential.

4: Chris Neild - Rising NT prospect is rising.

5: Lawrence Guy - Solid 3-4 DE prospect is solid. Similar kind of player to Kenyon Coleman.

6: Johnny Patrick - He's not a bad player or athlete, but hype died down.

7: Alex Henery - Will be drafted high for a K. Just as good a prospect as recent guys Crosby and Gostowski.

Not my dream draft, but I think I'd be able to deal with this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson at #45 while picking up extra picks, I can deal with. Wilson at #30....not so much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Wilson at #45 while picking up extra picks, I can deal with. Wilson at #30....not so much.
    I agree with this. Wilson is a good player and might make a good 3-4 OLB with some work. But he is a conversion projection who comes with some major health concerns (back) so I would want to see a trade down before he is the pick.

Ditto guys like Brooks Reed, Jabaal Sheard, Christian Ballard etc - if the Jets want to pick one of these kind of guys, they should trade down to land extra picks rather than drafting their guy in round 1.

I do like some of the players in this draft though - Wilson, Neild, Guy, Patrick, Henery. Although I think Wilson and Neild are projected too high here, and Guy and Patrick too low. Guy probably goes off the board 3rd or early 4th, same with Patrick. Neild will probably last until the 5th or 6th IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I agree with this. Wilson is a good player and might make a good 3-4 OLB with some work. But he is a conversion projection who comes with some major health concerns (back) so I would want to see a trade down before he is the pick.

Ditto guys like Brooks Reed, Jabaal Sheard, Christian Ballard etc - if the Jets want to pick one of these kind of guys, they should trade down to land extra picks rather than drafting their guy in round 1.

I do like some of the players in this draft though - Wilson, Neild, Guy, Patrick, Henery. Although I think Wilson and Neild are projected too high here, and Guy and Patrick too low. Guy probably goes off the board 3rd or early 4th, same with Patrick. Neild will probably last until the 5th or 6th IMO.
    There are about 7 guys that we could put on that list. Maybe more. I'm trying to think of the list of guys that I would be very happy drafting at #30 rather than thinking "wow, what if we traded down and still got him?". I think that list is:

Wilkerson
    Heyward
    Kerrigan
    As well as the obvious guys who won't fall to us under any circumstance (Watt, Jordan, Smith, etc.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way about many options at 30...Rahim Moore...Reed...Ballard...Wilson...probably Aaron Williams...
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-12-2011 at 12:49 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I feel the same way about many options at 30...Rahim Moore...Reed...Ballard...Wilson...probably Aaron Williams...
    That's why the Jets need to trade down.Right now,the way things stand if either Justin Houston or phil Taylor is there at 30,the Jets should make a pick.If not,they should look to trade down.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    That's why the Jets need to trade down.Right now,the way things stand if either Justin Houston or phil Taylor is there at 30,the Jets should make a pick.If not,they should look to trade down.
    agree with trading down but please-no justin houston....i beg....

as far as Wilson- i think he's going to be the consummate underachiever at the next level- great athlete but plays like a pu$$y- shies away from contact way to much....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    agree with trading down but please-no justin houston....i beg....

as far as Wilson- i think he's going to be the consummate underachiever at the next level- great athlete but plays like a pu$$y- shies away from contact way to much....
    I don't think the Jets are going to have much choice because i don't believe either Houston or taylor are going to make it to 30.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just one man's opinion, of course, but Mike Lombardi said today (12 Apr) on NFL's "Path to the Draft" that in the future we will look back and wonder why Brooks Reed was not a first 10 pick, ""He's probably gonna be better as a pro than somebody picked in the top ten."

Again, only one man's opinion, but Lombardi has worked for many teams in the league as a head of player personnel and has evaluated all the NFL players on the field today. Lombardi usually grades low but he has pipelines to head coaches and GMs everywhere and when he says something like that, he has heard something somewhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucsonpaint View Post
    Just one man's opinion, of course, but Mike Lombardi said today (12 Apr) on NFL's "Path to the Draft" that in the future we will look back and wonder why Brooks Reed was not a first 10 pick, ""He's probably gonna be better as a pro than somebody picked in the top ten."

Again, only one man's opinion, but Lombardi has worked for many teams in the league as a head of player personnel and has evaluated all the NFL players on the field today. Lombardi usually grades low but he has pipelines to head coaches and GMs everywhere and when he says something like that, he has heard something somewhere.
    Or he could have just been talking out of his buttocks.

Here's hoping that Reed goes before 30!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are about 7 guys that we could put on that list. Maybe more. I'm trying to think of the list of guys that I would be very happy drafting at #30 rather than thinking "wow, what if we traded down and still got him?". I think that list is:

Wilkerson
    Heyward
    Kerrigan
    As well as the obvious guys who won't fall to us under any circumstance (Watt, Jordan, Smith, etc.)
    Agreed, we should definitely pull the trigger if those guys are available. We need quality, impact passrushers