Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets' interest in Randy Moss looks real- PFT

Hall Of Fame

Jets' interest in Randy Moss looks real- PFT

Jets’ interest in Randy Moss looks real
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 12, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT

APOver the weekend, Florio passed along a story with Rex Ryan raving about Randy Moss.

It sounds like Ryan’s public statements weren’t just some odd smokescreen. As pointed out by Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe, two national writers say the Jets’ interest in Moss is genuine.

1. Vic Carucci of NFL.com: “According to multiple league insiders, the interest the Jets have in Moss is twofold. . . . One, it could help them weather the very real possibility of losing at least one of their three free-agent receivers: Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith. Two, it would keep Moss from returning to the Patriots, whom he is known to want to re-join.”

2. Mike Freeman: “Several league sources told CBSSports.com the team is seriously intrigued by Moss.”

Freeman asks the appropriate question: Why? What did Moss show last year to intrigue anyone? He gained fewer than 400 yards in 2010 and two teams completely gave up on him in a league not known for letting go of useful talent.

Rex Ryan can control these type of players...I think.....and hopefully tell him to get his nose out of Belicheats ass

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=cedk;3999071]Rex Ryan can control these type of players...I think.....and hopefully tell him to get his nose out of Belicheats ass[/QUOTE]

Does "these type of players" mean over the hill, once productive superstars? and does "control" mean turn back the clock 3 years?

Pass.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3999089]Does "these type of players" mean over the hill, once productive superstars? and does "control" mean turn back the clock 3 years?

Pass.[/QUOTE]

No I was thinking of players that won't shut there mouth or just seem unstable....
    as far as productivity Terrel Owens shows you can be productive....if we just have Edwards being doubled covered were screwed.....
    Of course I will not bring up our OC problem

[QUOTE=crasherino;3999089]Does "these type of players" mean over the hill, once productive superstars? and does "control" mean turn back the clock 3 years?

Pass.[/QUOTE]

I thought I clicked on the "Jenn Sterger: Talentless Moron" thread and was very confused.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd rather have T.O. if we had to choose between the 2.

All League
    NO THANKS.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3999114]I thought I clicked on the "Jenn Sterger: Talentless Moron" thread and was very confused.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3999126]I'd rather have T.O. if we had to choose between the 2.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I'm in charge of boning Sterger or blasting all over those fake torpedoes.

[QUOTE=SouthTown;3999131]NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

Agree. The guy is done. If you're going this route, I'll take Plax once he's back in shape.

reliable league source - [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23jets"][COLOR=#2d76b9]#jets[/COLOR][/URL] have [B]"no interest"[/B] in randy moss.

[URL]http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchein[/URL]

Would rather have Santana Moss instead.

Forget Moss. I'd rather have Edwards and Holmes back.

i think that rex feels if a player has beaten his defense and has hurt him in the past, that player needs to be on his side....he took the same approach with santonio holmes...not that you can compare the two at this stage of their careers but it seems like his ego says, if these guys can beat me, they must be good...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3999178]Forget Moss. I'd rather have Edwards and Holmes back.[/QUOTE]

Me too but Holmes is behaving like a completely selfish douche whilest Braylon has kept his mouth shut and legitimately appears to want to remain a Jet.

Bewildered Beast
    My office's resident Pittsburg fan (willya take the damn black jacket off, lady?) sent me this article.

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Jets-for-some-reason-seem-to-want-Randy-Mo?urn=nfl-wp891"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Jets-for-some-reason-seem-to-want-Randy-Mo?urn=nfl-wp891[/URL]

[QUOTE=MJD]In a rivalry as close and as heated as the one between the Jets and Pats, it makes sense. I don't think Moss makes the Jets any better -- their offense is miles behind New England's, Mark Sanchez(notes) has neither a rapport with Moss nor half of Tom Brady's(notes) ability, and it seems like, at best, a crapshoot on whether or not Moss would show up and play hard.[/QUOTE]
    Oh, my. Miles behind Danny WOodhead and Deion Branch. I guess this MJD guy didn't see the way we blew the Colts off the ball with the run game.

Miles behind! :rolleyes::D

All Pro
    In MikeT and Rexy I trust....

LOL ... I want to watch the post-game interview with Moss after Schotty goes with the wildcat on 3rd down during the game. Moss will eat him alive.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3999171]Would rather have Santana Moss instead.[/QUOTE]

Or Kate Moss, even.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;3999871]Or Kate Moss, even.[/QUOTE]

... + 1 ...

[url]http://www.modeldash.com/wp-content/uploads/kate_moss_skinny-789376.jpg[/url]

l_j_r

All League
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3999126]I'd rather have T.O. if we had to choose between the 2.[/QUOTE]

+1 Moss was basiclly a waste of a roster space the second half of the season for Tennesse. All he can really do at this stage of his career is run go routes and he is not the same threat he once was. Atleast Owens can run multiple routes and is effective at going over the middle.

It will suck if we lose one of our two top WRs, but Tannenbaum needs to be thinking about plan B, C and D as it is a real possibility one of them walks, especially Holmes who wants top dollar. I just hope Moss isnt on that list of potential replacements.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3999934]+1 Moss was basiclly a waste of a roster space the second half of the season for Tennesse. All he can really do at this stage of his career is run go routes and he is not the same threat he once was. Atleast Owens can run multiple routes and is effective at going over the middle.

It will suck if we lose one of our two top WRs, [B]but Tannenbaum needs to be thinking about plan B, C and D as it is a real possibility one of them walks, especially Holmes who wants top dollar.[/B] I just hope Moss isnt on that list of potential replacements.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Tannebaum and the FO already have their plans in place..What they are? only they know.