Thread: Jets Preseason Opponents Per Daily News

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Preseason Opponents Per Daily News

[B][URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2011/04/jets-to-play-texans-bengals-giants-and-eagles-in-preseason"][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Jets to play Texans, Bengals, Giants and Eagles in preseason[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/B]

BY Manish Mehta

The NFL hasn’t officially released its 2011 schedule yet, but I got a hold of the Jets’ four preseason games. Gang Green will kick it off with a Monday Night game at the Houston Texans. Rex Ryan’s team will also host the Bengals, face the Giants in a “road” game at the New Meadowlands Stadium and host the Eagles, according to a source.

It’s interesting to note that the Jets will also play the Giants and Eagles in the regular season. Last season, the Jets and Giants played an intense preseason game to open the new stadium (see Eli Manning’s bloody forehead for proof).

The league is expected to release the full schedule in the next couple weeks before the draft.

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets[/URL]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear God,

Please stop giving us home games against the Bengals.

Amen.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm feeling lazy...

Since the pre-season game against the Gints is on the road, does that mean the one that matters is at home ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3999151]The league is expected to release the full schedule in the next couple weeks before the draft.[/QUOTE]

Normally, I'd be chomping at the bit at the anticipation of the schedule coming out. Not so much this year. :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3999188]I'm feeling lazy...

Since the pre-season game against the Gints is on the road, does that mean the one that matters is at home ;)[/QUOTE]

yes

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3999151][B][URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2011/04/jets-to-play-texans-bengals-giants-and-eagles-in-preseason"][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Jets to play Texans, Bengals, Giants and Eagles in preseason[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/B]

BY Manish Mehta

The NFL hasn’t officially released its 2011 schedule yet, but I got a hold of the Jets’ four preseason games. Gang Green will kick it off with a Monday Night game at the Houston Texans. Rex Ryan’s team will also host the Bengals, face the Giants in a “road” game at the New Meadowlands Stadium and host the Eagles, according to a source.

It’s interesting to note that the Jets will also play the Giants and Eagles in the regular season. Last season, the Jets and Giants played an intense preseason game to open the new stadium (see Eli Manning’s bloody forehead for proof).

The league is expected to release the full schedule in the next couple weeks before the draft.

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets[/URL][/QUOTE]

Bengals pre-season game, my tickets are as valuable as toliet paper, thank God I am not in coaches club and paying $700 a ticket to see that warm-up game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3999188]I'm feeling lazy...

Since the pre-season game against the Gints is on the road, does that mean the one that matters is at home ;)[/QUOTE]

The answer to your question is yes..but it has no corollary to the pre-season game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3999201]yes[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3999208]The answer to your question is yes..but it has no corollary to the pre-season game.[/QUOTE]

And thanks. Interesting tidbit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really sick of the Texans and Bengals.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Texans - W
    Bengals - W
    @ Giants - W
    Eagles - W

4-0 Superbowl bound baby!

You heard it hear first....................:sleepin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets open preseason Aug. 15 @ Houston on MNF. Then Cincinnati at home (Aug. 20), Giants (Aug. 27) and Philadelphia at home (Sept. 1).

[URL]http://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/URL]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question I've got a bet on with my friend:

Has there ever been games against the team in both the preseason and regular season before? If so, has that ever happened between divisional opponents?

Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3999165]Dear God,

Please stop giving us home games against the Bengals.

Amen.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I tried to imagine a worse team from a resale perspective and the only possible options I came up with were:
    1. Jacksonville
    2. Arizona
    3. Detroit

I wonder if Stubhub allows sellers to pay buyers to take the tickets?

On the bright side, both games are on Saturday so nobody has to after work traffic from commuters to get to the games. I'll probably go to one of the game and give the other to charity.

BTW - does anyone know if you need a ticket for a child under 1 year old to go to a preseason game?
    Last edited by Digetydog; 04-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to NewYorkJets.com ...

8/15 - @ Houston
    8/20 - Cincinnati
    8/27 - @ Giants
    9/1 - Philadelphia

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;3999329]I tried to imagine a worse team from a resale perspective and the only possible options I came up with were:
    1. Jacksonville
    2. Arizona
    3. Detroit

I wonder if Stubhub allows sellers to pay buyers to take the tickets?

On the bright side, both games are on Saturday so nobody has to after work traffic from commuters to get to the games. I'll probably go to one of the game and give the other to charity.

BTW - does anyone know if you need a ticket for a child under 1 year old to go to a preseason game?[/QUOTE]

Even regular season you don't need a ticket for kids that little. Saturday games are the worst. A seven PM Presason game on a weeknight is better. The Sept 1 st game is a thursday. So easy to grab train after work to game. I wish they were all 7pm weeknight games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4000148]Even regular season you don't need a ticket for kids that little. Saturday games are the worst. A seven PM Presason game on a weeknight is better. The Sept 1 st game is a thursday. So easy to grab train after work to game. I wish they were all 7pm weeknight games.[/QUOTE]

Not if you want to tailgate they aren't.

Saturday > Thursday, by far.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The preseason sucks enough, can't they bring a popular team in town? Throw us a g-damn bone, will ya?

Friggin Bengals, thats the best we could come up with? I'm sick of looking at their sorry faces. Three years in a row playing that sorry ass team. They suck, the game sucks.

And the Eagles every friggin year. This way, they only pay for a bus ride, cheap bastards.

Like I said, how can you make the preseason worse? The Jets figured out how. Just pour more crap on the crap preseason.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4000162]Not if you want to tailgate they aren't.

Saturday > Thursday, by far.[/QUOTE]

Last year I went to both pre-season games. The damm cross bronx in rush hour traffic in pouring rain in huge traffic for Jets/Giants game.

Vs. Second Preseason, since I work in NYC change at work, meet friends at Penn brag a few beers and a dog then 20 minutes to NMS.

Tailgating at pre-season on a Saturday night in August has a very high chance of huge thundershowers or oppressive heat. That plus it ruins the weekend. I can see going to someone I got free tickets to preseason if you want to go with me. All you have to do is skip Hamptons or Jersey shore for weekend and then sit in traffic with me for six hours roundtrip.

A Sunday one pm or four pm game in crisp sept-nov regular season game tailgate are great. Preseason I would like in and out quick no traffic on a weeknight.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I predict Bengal upper Deck seats ten bucks and Eagle Upper Deck seats ten bucks. Lower sideline $30 bucks. I might just donate my tickets to charity and buy 80% off seats in Great Hall Club.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsVault03;3999292]Question I've got a bet on with my friend:

Has there ever been games against the team in both the preseason and regular season before? If so, has that ever happened between divisional opponents?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

found these online:

The Jets beat the Giants in 1988 during the final game of the regular season

and

The Jets and Giants have played 11 regular season games against each other to date.

... i would assume we played them in preseason some/most/all of those times as well ...

l_j_r