Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: What's the deal with Denarius Moore...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with Denarius Moore...

good size:6' 194 lbs

excellent timed speed:4.37 to 4.43

very good production at a top level school in the super-tough SEC:9 TD's 20.6 ypc as a senior 40 receptions and 7 td's as a junior

seems to have good hands,plucking the ball rather than body catching

looks shifty after the catch and seems to make tough grabs in traffic

so why isn't this guy in the conversation whenever WR gets talked about?

If we lose Santonio(which may not be that unlikely)can this guy be a target from rd 3 onwards?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He reminds me of Santana Moss...could go as high as the 3rd IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    He reminds me of Santana Moss...could go as high as the 3rd IMO.
    torrey smith after his sophomore season....really building a buzz and a lot of momentum....hurt by the sh!tty QB play at UT and will need some time to develop...probably a 4th rounder...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    torrey smith after his sophomore season....really building a buzz and a lot of momentum....hurt by the sh!tty QB play at UT and will need some time to develop...probably a 4th rounder...
    With the Bucs, Ravens, and Jets in the late 3rd all possibly looking for a speed WR he's definitely a possibility...throw the Falcons in there...agreed that he'd need some development time for though, but those teams will have at least two vet WRs in front of him...I could also see the Rams grabbing him in the 3-4 range for the McDaniels and Bradford Show coming possibly next fall.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-12-2011 at 07:04 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    With the Bucs, Ravens, and Jets in the late 3rd all possibly looking for a speed WR he's definitely a possibility...throw the Falcons in there...agreed that he'd need some development time for though, but those teams will have at least two vet WRs in front of him...I could also see the Rams grabbing him in the 3-4 range for the McDaniels and Bradford Show coming possibly next fall.

So are there any red flags with this guy or his he just flying under the radar?...seems like 4th or even 3rd could be a steal bearing in mind all those positives.

By the way I've been following the Ayers/Kerrigan/Reed/Houston thread and like you I've gone from meh on Akeem Ayers to really hoping he's there at 30 for us to draft.Admittedly I'm no scout or draft expert but the little i've seen of him on tape the guy is a flat-out playmaker.shows unbelievable hustle and range on some plays and looks like he diagnoses plays and gets straight to the action in a hurry.I'm not seeing the lack of instincts or poor tackling and definitely no lack of on-feild athleticism that so many other people seem to knock him for.Maybe I'm watching the wrong tape but I'm sold on AA in our defense.

Anyway...back to Denarius Moore?