Thread: Ian Williams ND NT

Ian Williams ND NT

Why you no talk about Ian Williams? What's the word on this guy? He's got NT size and he was a good run stopper for ND. Came in bigger than expected I think.

All Pro
    i actually brought him up and asked too a couple months ago (i think bit told me shut up). I thought he presented as a great option to focus on OLB/DE & OL early and take look at him or Anthony Gray (Iowa) as later NT options..

Cause we do sure as sh*t need to look at drafting a legit NT.

Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 309.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.11.
    Combine 40 Time: 5.23.
    Pro Day 40 Time: 5.14.
    Benchx225: 31. Vertical: 28.5. Arm: 32.
    Projected Round (2011): 3-5.
    4/8/11: Ian Williams improved upon his 40 at Notre Dame's Pro Day, but stood on the rest of his numbers. Mike Mayock called Williams a 3-4 nose tackle who will be taken in Rounds 4-6.

10/8/10: Williams has had a good season for Notre Dame. He has the bulk you look for to hold up at the point of attack and he exhibits good power with a nice hand punch. His range is limited to make plays outside the phone booth.

Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 330.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.22.
    Combine 40 Time: DNP.
    Pro Day 40 Time: 5.17.
    Benchx225: 39. Vertical: 31.5. Arm: .
    Projected Round (2011): 5-7.
    3/13/11: Anthony Gray looked good at his Pro Day, posting 39 reps of 225. He weighed in at 330, but didn't look sluggish.

5/6/10: A solid nose tackle who earned an All-Conference USA honorable mention, Anthony Gray had 7.5 TFL and two sacks in 2009
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.

He is definitely a guy to look at in the later rounds....hard worker-type player, but definitely only a 2 down player.

The kid from west virginia is also a good late round NT player.

Anthony Gray is definitely another interesting NT prospect.

Neild might be this year's Troupp.

All Pro
    I like Williams as a mid-round prospect for the Jets. He's short, but built like a fire hydrant with good strength and run-stuffing ability. He has the ability to two-gap, so would be a great fit behind Big Boo.

Any one of Williams, Fua or Neild in the mid to late rounds would be fine by me.