Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Official New York Knicks 2011 Playoff Thread***

Hall Of Fame

***The Official New York Knicks 2011 Playoff Thread***

Figured I would start this thread to report that Game #1 vs Celtics is Sunday Night at 7pm on TNT.

So the Knicks return to the Playoffs...with Marv behind the mic.

Let the Games Begin !!
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 04-13-2011 at 01:57 PM.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

While it would be incredible to win the first two, it would be a big success to come back to the garden 1-1. F'n pumped for playoff basketball, and I think Amare is going to come back and look like early season/1st half MVP Amare with a week off.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    While it would be incredible to win the first two, it would be a big success to come back to the garden 1-1. F'n pumped for playoff basketball, and I think Amare is going to come back and look like early season/1st half MVP Amare with a week off.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!
    +1

I think the rest will do wonders for Amar'e. I'm expecting big things from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    +1

I think the rest will do wonders for Amar'e. I'm expecting big things from him.
    his career playoff averages are sick, and he's done it against top-notch competition in the West.

i like our matchup against the Celtics. they're looking worn down physically and their defense took a huge step back after the Perkins trade.

the series will be decided by Rajon Rondo. if we can contain him, we've got a pretty good shot. if he dominates, we're done.

Knicks fans are the best in the entire NBA. We are very well deserving of some playoff excitement.

Hall Of Fame
    HERE'S THE COMPLETE SCHEDULE...

2011 Postseason Schedule
    CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

GAME 1 Sun, Apr 17 7:00 PM @ Boston

GAME 2 Tue, Apr 19 7:00 PM @ Boston

GAME 3 Fri, Apr 22 7:00 PM @ MSG

GAME 4 Sun, Apr 24 3:30 PM @ MSG

---------------------------------------------------

GAME 5 Tue, Apr 26 TBA @Boston

GAME 6 Fri, Apr 29 TBA @ MSG

GAME 7 Sun, May 1 TBA @ Boston

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Knicks fans are the best in the entire NBA. We are very well deserving of some playoff excitement.

Banned
    While it would be incredible to win the first two, it would be a big success to come back to the garden 1-1.
    Exactly. Thats about the best I can hope for. Split with the Celtics in Boston and take it back to NY tied up at 1-1. Makes it a 5 game series with NY having home court advantage.

Game one can't come soon enough.... So pumped but I cant wait to see MSG rocking like NEVER before during game 3. I just pray we aren't down 2-0 heading into MSG.

Lets go Knicks!!!! It's been a long time coming lets SHOCK the sports world.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Exactly. Thats about the best I can hope for. Split with the Celtics in Boston and take it back to NY tied up at 1-1. Makes it a 5 game series with NY having home court advantage.

Game one can't come soon enough.... So pumped but I cant wait to see MSG rocking like NEVER before during game 3. I just pray we aren't down 2-0 heading into MSG.

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QP-kw5iTo

I miss the play of Chandler and Gallo but the last two plays of that youtube video explains why we traded both for Melo... Dude has ice water running through his veins and may just be the best overall closer that I've seen come crunch time since either Jordan or Kobe. Melo is as clutch as they come.

Cant wait for the playoffs! I love the way MSG exploded after Felton's game winning 3... I cant wait to hear MSG come game 3 of the playoffs...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'll be at Game 4 at MSG on Easter Sunday. Very excited.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'll be at Game 4 at MSG on Easter Sunday. Very excited.
    Make sure you take pictures bro and all I can say is... Your one lucky son of a ***** ahaha.

Another great video that gave me some chills thinking about Amare destroying KG come playoff time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uvLYJ4MU0c

All I know is this, an aging KG better pray to the basketball God's that the Amare that completely dominated Tim Duncan during the playoffs doesn't show up come Sunday...
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 04-15-2011 at 06:00 PM.

People forget STAT raises his game tremendously in the playoffs. He's dominated guys like Duncan and Gasol constantly in the playoffs when he was in Phx.

X Factor: Tony Douglas, Whenever he plays good, we win.

Hall Of Fame
    People forget STAT raises his game tremendously in the playoffs.
    Wish we could say the same thing about STATZ.

Banned
    People forget STAT raises his game tremendously in the playoffs. He's dominated guys like Duncan and Gasol constantly in the playoffs when he was in Phx.
    Exactly, and thats the reason why I cant stress it enough... If the Amare that completely destroyed Duncan shows up come Sunday... KG could be in for a world of trouble. Amare dominated Duncan like none other a couple years back, that was when Duncan was still running strong too. Duncan turns 35 in may and I believe KG is turning 35 in April so they're about the same age but Amare is like 6.5 years younger than KG and thats a life time in todays NBA. I just can't picture either Pierce getting the better of Melo or KG getting the better of Amare. I feel both Melo and Amare could be on the verge of running these two aging vets out of the league.

X Factor: Tony Douglas, Whenever he plays good, we win.
    Plus one. We have to match big baby Davis and Green coming off the bench though. Having TD23's a good way to start our bench depth off. I'm a huge Toney Douglas fan for the simple fact I'm a big time FSU fan and watched this kid develope into an up and coming NBA star for the Knicks. Has all the making for a 6th man of the year award winner or even potential top 10 PG. This dude is legit. Best FSU Guard defender since Charlie Ward. He's turning into a stout NBA defender too. He's always been an explosive scorer and his jump shot is money. When he gets hot... He's not missing. He can also drive to the rim and finish athletic, strong at times... And he's starting to see the court better with vision making real PG types of passes. I just think it's a blessing that he's learning behind and being developed behind two great PG minds in Mike D'Antoni and Billups himself.

Damn... I just cant wait. I'd also consider Fields on Ray Allen and Shelden up against Kristic and Davis as X-Factors. I think our whole team has to play very good to shock the Celtics.

I think our whole team has to play very good to shock the Celtics.

Celts win series 4-1

+1,000,000

Let's shock the world. Let's shock the haters. Nice avatar btw. I remember watching "The Dunk" happen live on NBC. One of my greatest sports memories ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    +1,000,000

Let's shock the world. Let's shock the haters. Nice avatar btw. I remember watching "The Dunk" happen live on NBC. One of my greatest sports memories ever.
    Yeah, I went nuts when I seen that Dunk over Grant and MJ... I was much younger back then but I went nuts after Starks threw it down like that. I always knew Starks could leap... But not like that.

Ewing has always been my favorite All-Time Knick... But Starks was a close 2nd. I just loved what Starks stood for. I enjoyed the way we played the game. I can't stand when some Knick fans try and rank H20 over Starks. It's not even close. Starks was a great defender andhad a better FG % when compared to Houston. One of the greatest defensive 2G's of the 90's; he went to WAR against MJ23. yeah, he had a temper problem but the man played with a fire and burning desire that was second to none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIlwU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1zYr9qYgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHe4e...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRVr1...eature=related

Starks ranks as an All-Time top 10 Knick in my eyes. He stood for what New York stands for... Which is toughness. I loved Allen Houston but as a Knick? He couldn't hold a candle to #3.