Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: ***The Official New York Knicks 2011 Playoff Thread***

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks defense wasn't the reason they got swept.

Coaching could have been better, Xs and Os-wise (especially at the end of games 1 and 2). The line-up decisions were baffling (It took 3 1/2 games to bench Landry Fields? Sheldon Williams couldn't crack the rotation?)

But ultimately, coaching or not - the C's were flat out better. They played terribly in Boston and still managed to win both. The Knicks were outclassed in 3 and 4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The Knicks defense wasn't the reason they got swept.

Coaching could have been better, Xs and Os-wise (especially at the end of games 1 and 2). The line-up decisions were baffling (It took 3 1/2 games to bench Landry Fields? Sheldon Williams couldn't crack the rotation?)

But ultimately, coaching or not - the C's were flat out better. They played terribly in Boston and still managed to win both. The Knicks were outclassed in 3 and 4.
    FWIW, Shelden Williams was easily the worst player who appeared in the entire 2010 NBA playoffs and, in game 2 of the finals, played the single worst 4 minutes of NBA basketball I have witnessed in my life. Not playing him was by far D'Antoni's best coaching decision of the playoffs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks pick up Chauncey Billups' option today for his full $14.2 million salary! WTF are they thinking?! He's a decent player, well on the downside of his career, and they tie up that much money on him? I don't get it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    The Knicks pick up Chauncey Billups' option today for his full $14.2 million salary! WTF are they thinking?! He's a decent player, well on the downside of his career, and they tie up that much money on him? I don't get it.
    It's one year man...and if need be they can use his expiring contract as trade bait..makes complete sense..there are no other viable PG's out there right now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    It's one year man...and if need be they can use his expiring contract as trade bait..makes complete sense..there are no other viable PG's out there right now...
    Exactly right with all those reasons. Worst case scenario is they aren't able to make a trade and he is on the team the entire season, most likely gives them better play than any PG they could have acquired via free agency, and is off the books at the end of the season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Exactly right with all those reasons. Worst case scenario is they aren't able to make a trade and he is on the team the entire season, most likely gives them better play than any PG they could have acquired via free agency, and is off the books at the end of the season.
    Anyone who understands how the nba works knows the Knicks' picking up Billups' option was a no-brainer.

As far as D'Antoni goes, overall I think he has done an ok job. He's a good coach and his players usually like him but it's time to go in a different direction. This team has got to improve defensively. The offense will still be there we have Amare, Carmelo and Billups how could it not?

I don't want Rick Adelman - if the Knicks want to go that route they might as well just keep D'Antoni they're the same thing except D'Antoni is more creative offensively. Pass on Phil Jackson not that I think he'd even be interested in coming here - most overrated coach in the history of the nba he won't go to a team unless they're basically a lock to go to the Finals. Isiah? Puh-lease. Calipari? Meh.

The guy I want coaching the Knicks next year is Jeff Van Gundy. I just hope him and Dolan can put aside their differences and get down to business.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Anyone who understands how the nba works knows the Knicks' picking up Billups' option was a no-brainer.

As far as D'Antoni goes, overall I think he has done an ok job. He's a good coach and his players usually like him but it's time to go in a different direction. This team has got to improve defensively. The offense will still be there we have Amare, Carmelo and Billups how could it not?

I don't want Rick Adelman - if the Knicks want to go that route they might as well just keep D'Antoni they're the same thing except D'Antoni is more creative offensively. Pass on Phil Jackson not that I think he'd even be interested in coming here - most overrated coach in the history of the nba he won't go to a team unless they're basically a lock to go to the Finals. Isiah? Puh-lease. Calipari? Meh.

The guy I want coaching the Knicks next year is Jeff Van Gundy. I just hope him and Dolan can put aside their differences and get down to business.
    Yuck, I want no part of Rick Adelman.

Like I've said before, I'd love to see Van Gundy come back, I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.