Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Official New York Knicks 2011 Playoff Thread***

Starks was a gritty player and a great competitor. He's a great human interest story too with him never being drafted and only reason the knicks didn't initially cut him was b/c he hurt his knee. I respected Ewing as a player and obviously rooted hard for him but as a person I know he was a douche in real life. Starks had the bad boy crazy image b/c of how he played on the court but I know people who have met him in person and said he's a great guy.

Heat came back and are now winning by 5. Sux.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post

Heat came back and are now winning by 5. Sux.
    Yeah, but still plenty of time left with an entire 2nd half of basketball for the 76ers to come back. I'm just not a believer in the Heat's ability to close out games.

On a side note... Where the hell are the Knick fans from JI? It's the first day of the playoffs on a Saturday and this place is ghost town??? Not what I remember from JI. I remember this place loving the Knicks and basketball in general...

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Yeah, but still plenty of time left with an entire 2nd half of basketball for the 76ers to come back. I'm just not a believer in the Heat's ability to close out games.

On a side note... Where the hell are the Knick fans from JI? It's the first day of the playoffs on a Saturday and this place is ghost town??? Not what I remember from JI. I remember this place loving the Knicks and basketball in general...
    There are some posters here who are die-hard knicks fans but most people on this site hate the nba and still think Isiah is the general manager. If it ain't NFL or MLB they aint watching.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    There are some posters here who are die-hard knicks fans but most people on this site hate the nba and still think Isiah is the general manager. If it ain't NFL or MLB they aint watching.
    Yeah, I been doing my Knicks posting on a bad ass Knicks site with gameday threads that get 60+ pages... It's insane but don't wanna post the link due to not wanting to promote another site on here but I'll tell you what... It's a great Knicks site but I rather we had a good 10-15 die hard Knick fans on JI to make the NBA talk go...

Wasn't Starks the dude who missed 2 free throws at the end of this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-_S56Jj10

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Yeah, I been doing my Knicks posting on a bad ass Knicks site with gameday threads that get 60+ pages... It's insane but don't wanna post the link due to not wanting to promote another site on here but I'll tell you what...
    You haven't been back a week and you're lying already?

Jesus bro...

Defense wins championships, except the Knicks don't play defense... Anyways I hope they win this series, but the Celtics are tough. They can flip the switch and go into beast mode in the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Celts win series 4-1
    Please... We are talking about the NBA. There is no way in hell David Stern lets a New York/Boston series goes 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Please... We are talking about the NBA. There is no way in hell David Stern lets a New York/Boston series goes 5 games.
    lol....we'll see.

I have zero faith in this years celtics team. Yet I just can't see them dropping more than one to the Knicks.

Let's go boys!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    lol....we'll see.

I have zero faith in this years celtics team. Yet I just can't see them dropping more than one to the Knicks.
    It doesn't matter what a Boston fans such as yourself "can see" because it just doesn't matter to begin with

But yeah, after the Knicks take game one tonight and take home court advantage after only one game... We'll see if your singing a different tune after tonight.

1-0 Knicks after tonight. Quote me on it all you like because I know what's about to happen. The Knicks are just the better team and if we had Billups and Melo since the offseason we'd be a top 3 seed.

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!!!!!!!!!!

KNICKS IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    WTF is Chauncey doing?

Banned
    GREAT first quarter of Knicks basketball!

Only down 1 point after Carmelo played less than 2 minutes? Huge victory for the Knicks there.

Bill Walker played very good and Toney "TD23" Douglas with a CLUTCH 3 pointer.

Playing strong defense and getting production from a bench thats seriously underrated.

I'm so confident that we head into the half with the lead and win this game after that 1st quarter. Boston couldn't take avantage of a Knicks offense WITHOUT Melo during an entire 1st quarter of play. I smell trouble for the aging Celtics.

Banned
    8 Point lead baby!!!

My SIG...

SAYS IT ALL!

Banned
    ahahahahahahahaha at Boston failing to score 40 points during the 1st half!

Our defense played with heart, pride, hustle, energy and intensity and now head into the half with a TWELVE POINT LEAD!!!!!

Bill Walker played out of his mind, one hell of a talent we have in Walker!

Like I said after the 1st quarter... I was so confident we'd head into the half with a lead... Considering the fact that we were only down by 1 point AFTER Melo played LESS than a two minutes during the 1st.

We have a chance to break this game wide open if we continue to play strong during the 1st five mins of the 3rd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Billups is playing like a retard.

Get Douglas in there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Amare with some sick moves.

Awesome layup and a ridiculous dunk.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a BS call.

This is why the NBA is a joke.

Banned
    Melt down. Oh well, feeling of being depressed... Oh well, we blew it.