Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood's 7 Round Jet Mock

Hollywood's 7 Round Jet Mock

Time to Stop Mocking Around and Put up My Mock Draft for the Jets.

First Round - Akeem Ayers- OLB-UCLA-6-4 260 i warmed up to him alot i love that you can plug him in any of the LB positions he can play nickel drop into coverage and also rush the passer .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36hhdBm9QU

Third Round - Chris Carter- Olb/DE- 6-3- 245- Fresno
    the kid can rush the passer he can take taylor's spot and learn to play linebacker .. football is important to him .. willie mcginest mentors him.
    He Played with a broken hand for christ sakes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMVtxfRt8ok

Fourth Round - Sione Fua- NT-6-2-305- Stanford- need a backup for sione Pouha ... this guy is alot like kelly gregg type a smaller NT who is hard to uproot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0Zyeh43ow

Fifth Round- Bilal Powell- RB-5-11- 211- Louisville- there will be great Value at RB in this Round and Powell would be a Great Pick up .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKERqz7G3UU

Sixth Round- Eric Hagg- FS- 6-1-209- Nebraska- not the most incredible athlete at the position but is a willing tackler and is always around the ball to make plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPfszRua98

Seventh Round -Caleb Schlauderaff- 6-4-305-Utah G- a good prospect for callahan to mold for our o-line..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNoohoaFjM
    Last edited by hollywoodjet; 04-14-2011 at 08:29 AM.

I'm no expert if the guys can play or not other than what I read from the various draft sites, but I like your draft alot! I would just substitute a CB prospect in the 5th instead of a RB. Can't have enough CBs..

All Pro
    I like a lot of the guys in this draft. Only thing I would question is the double-dip on OLBs with the first two picks. I would probably prefer an OLB and a 3-4 DE with the top 2 picks.

And I'd also agree that a CB needs to be added somewhere. Jets have shown a good amount of interest in Chykie Brown (Texas) who should be available fairly late and he would be a very nice addition.

But, overall, I like this draft. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I like a lot of the guys in this draft. Only thing I would question is the double-dip on OLBs with the first two picks. I would probably prefer an OLB and a 3-4 DE with the top 2 picks.

And I'd also agree that a CB needs to be added somewhere. Jets have shown a good amount of interest in Chykie Brown (Texas) who should be available fairly late and he would be a very nice addition.

But, overall, I like this draft. Good job.
    Get guys that can go get the QB! Not sure there are any 3-4 DEs like that once you get past the 1st round area

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... good stuff hollywood ...

... what would your answer in my poll question be regarding ayers? ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Get guys that can go get the QB! Not sure there are any 3-4 DEs like that once you get past the 1st round area
    For me, I'd go for a Wilkerson, or a Clayborn, or a Heyward etc in the 1st and worry about the pure pass-rusher later. There are lots of interesting DE-OLB types who could be available in the 3rd or later - people like Sam Acho, Donte Moch, Chris Carter, Jeremy Beal etc - who could make very nice conversion projects for the Jets' defensive coaches.

For me, I'd go for a Wilkerson, or a Clayborn, or a Heyward etc in the 1st and worry about the pure pass-rusher later. There are lots of interesting DE-OLB types who could be available in the 3rd or later - people like Sam Acho, Donte Moch, Chris Carter, Jeremy Beal etc - who could make very nice conversion projects for the Jets' defensive coaches.
    Fair enough...I see where you are coming from...No issues from me if the Jets go that route..If he checks out medically I'd throw Romeus in there late 3rd..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm no expert if the guys can play or not other than what I read from the various draft sites, but I like your draft alot! I would just substitute a CB prospect in the 5th instead of a RB. Can't have enough CBs..
    I agree, but are Carter and Fua realistic projections for where the Jets pick in the 3rd and 4th round respectively?

I'm also not necessarily against the double dipping on OLB/DE if the team is high on those guys. Its not like we have so many edge rushers that we can't use another one.

But, I really think we need to come out of this draft with a WR in the middle rounds. In the 3rd if someone real talented falls to us or in the 4th or 5th. Doesn't need to contribute next year necessarily, but down the road we need a young WR - even if its only as a 3rd/4th guy.

Our WR needs, in addition to our defensive needs, makes trading down so desirable. I'm OK with not having a 2nd rounder if we pick up another 3rd or 4th.

I'm not sold 100% on Ayers, just because I think someone I like better will be there for us. I like the rest of your draft. I've had my eye on Carter and Fua for a while, would love to get those guys.

Very good draft....Most of your guys have been guys that visited the Jets, makes this draft very believable... I support the double dip at OLB...
    CB> RB... very well done , like the Hagg pick

I agree. I would rather see a CB or WR there. Hollywood, if you were to substitute that 5th for those positions, who would you target?

Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I agree. I would rather see a CB or WR there. Hollywood, if you were to substitute that 5th for those positions, who would you target?
    Looking at various sites Fua or Chris Neild might be around late 5th..So I think I would go CB in the 4th and go after Chykie Brown or Buster Skrine.

All Pro

Agreed. Hollywood, i need to see who else you had available than just defaulting Ayers. I'm mocking as we speak and I'm thinking Carter rnd 3, but thats cause i've Heyward falling to us at 30..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Agreed. Hollywood, i need to see who else you had available than just defaulting Ayers. I'm mocking as we speak and I'm thinking Carter rnd 3, but thats cause i've Heyward falling to us at 30..
    Heyward in round 1 followed by Carter in round 3 would be an awesome top 2, IMHO. That's about as perfect a scenario as we could realistically hope for. Love both these guys for Rex's scheme.

Heyward in round 1 followed by Carter in round 3 would be an awesome top 2, IMHO. That's about as perfect a scenario as we could realistically hope for. Love both these guys for Rex's scheme.
    Doesn't sound like Carter will be there in the 3rd, especially late 3rd...But who knows.

Exactly c mart a combo of 2 olb's would do better of 1 de and 1 OlB would help the pass rush better.. With De Ropatati and Dixon and Gilbert and kroul I like these guys better than westerman and Cody brown.. Let's double Dip At OLB ...
    Last edited by hollywoodjet; 04-14-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I agree, but are Carter and Fua realistic projections for where the Jets pick in the 3rd and 4th round respectively?

I'm also not necessarily against the double dipping on OLB/DE if the team is high on those guys. Its not like we have so many edge rushers that we can't use another one.

But, I really think we need to come out of this draft with a WR in the middle rounds. In the 3rd if someone real talented falls to us or in the 4th or 5th. Doesn't need to contribute next year necessarily, but down the road we need a young WR - even if its only as a 3rd/4th guy.

Our WR needs, in addition to our defensive needs, makes trading down so desirable. I'm OK with not having a 2nd rounder if we pick up another 3rd or 4th.

I don't see a need for a wideout if both toine and Edwards resign with the jets Plus cotchery is still signed .. If they draft a wideout in the Third .. Then One of them is gone..

Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    My Favorite in that range is van Dyke from the U.. Burney from North Carolina
    And Devon Torrence OSU... All Those Schools do a good job producing DB's in the PRos ...

Doesn't sound like Carter will be there in the 3rd, especially late 3rd...But who knows.
    Very Few 4-3 Teams play a 240 De ... So I am hoping that will help us land him at the end of the Third.. So we should be battling mostly 3-4 Teams..

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sure if Heyward or Watt or Jordan fall Sure ... But I ain't betting on that.. Maybe Heyward elbow injury scares team off and help us..

But Guys like Ballard and Clayborn I got Serious Questions that I Doubt if they Can Play 5 Tech ..