View Poll Results: In this scenario - Do you trade our 3rd for Baltimore's 5th to jump N.E. for OLB?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Trader Mike ... Go For IT!!!!!

5 29.41%
  • No, The 3rd Round Pick Is Too Valuable, Especially With No Second Rounder This Year

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question For Ya ... 28 New England Patriots 30 New York Jets

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question For Ya ... 28 New England Patriots 30 New York Jets

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkRed"]In Looking At The Draft Order ... Has This Been Bothering Anyone Else? - 28 New England Patriots, 30 New York Jets [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

... am i the only person who this has been eating at? ...

... hindsight is 20/20 & who knows where we had mccourty/wilson rated on our boards last year ... but results-wise BB certainly grabbed a very good player, at a position we needed, right in front of us in mccourty ... and wilson was shaky in his small sample of work ...

... while OL is probably N.E.'s biggest need, let's say they address this at pick 17 ... [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]N.E.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] along with us (and several others for that matter) [B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]has a high need for a 3-4 olb who can rush the passer ... [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    ... of course it will depend on how the board falls in totality (and go with me here ... let's assume the DE/DT prospects are worse on the board than the OLB prospects) ...

... but ...

... especially if NE goes OL at 17 and the round 1 grade promising DE/DT guys have gone, i do not want to sit still at 30 ...

... let's go with the very top OLB guys off the board ...

1. Von Miller, Texas A&M

2. Robert Quinn, North Carolina

... something like these guys still sitting there as the round gets up to the mid 20's ...

3. Akeem Ayers, UCLA

4. Aldon Smith, Missouri

5. Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

6. Bruce Carter, North Carolina

7. Justin Houston, Georgia

... let's say [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]rex is high on ayers at OLB [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]... he is rated as our 32nd best player on the board ... however he is the best (and our highest rated) player still up there from the following positions (DE,DT,OLB,& S) ...

... i would pull the trigger on[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"] trading with the ravens sitting at 26 ... cost is our 3rd rounder for their 5th rounder [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]... we come up marginally behind on the draft value chart ...

... [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]do you make this trade[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] in this situation? ...

thx,

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    no way. that means we wouldnt pick again until the 4th round.

All League
    We are already short on picks this draft after giving our 2nd rounder to SD for Cro. That being said, if there is a pass rusher that they are very high on and believe that he wont last past NE, then I say do it ONLY because we really need a pass rusher and Tannenbaum has had very good success trading up for players they want (i.e. Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Greene, etc.)

There was a similar situation last year, they ended up with McCourty (6 INT's DROY?) and we got Wilson (O INTs) so I understand your plight. I still say we trade back... Stock pile! We need Rex to turn 3-7th rounders into studs on Defense!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'd go up to the podium with a mask and a gun and take A. Smith.....and run

Unless Von Miller has unexplainable fell, no. There is no OLB worth trading up for, except for Miller, in this draft.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... appreciate the replies and the votes in the poll ...

... still a small sample size ... but seems to be pretty close to 50/50 ...

l_j_r

Interesting.

If the Pats actually use pick #28 I expect they will jump up ahead of the Ravens as they may be interested in the same player. I don't think that Ravens pick is for sale unless the price is high and the Jets are in no position to give more picks away.

No worries Belicheat will trade back 27 times for a CB from Fresno State just so Michael Lombardi and Peter King can tell us all what a genius he is.

Like a couple years back when he traded back for Darius Bust-ler with Clay Matthews still on the board. GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=child please;4001068]No worries Belicheat will trade back 27 times for a CB from Fresno State just so Michael Lombardi and Peter King can tell us all what a genius he is.

Like a couple years back when he traded back for Darius Bust-ler with Clay Matthews still on the board. GENIUS!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

LMFAO...you gonna post your Clay Matthews chestnut in EVERY thread there genius-boi?

Do you ever contribute anything other than your juvenile and immature Pats trashing to ANY football discussion?

Back On Topic, This would not seem the year that Tanny will be willing to give up picks given their scarcity. I don't expect Bill to use all of his though as it's just not wise to bring in that many bodies. Could get interesting, however , if a rookie cap is pu in place if/when a new CBA is reached.

All Pro
    i think we trade down, unless they wanna spill the beans on Phil Taylor... or somebody from the Top 15/Top 20 slips to 30 overall

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4001076]LMFAO...you gonna post your Clay Matthews chestnut in EVERY thread there genius-boi?

Do you ever contribute anything other than your juvenile and immature Pats trashing to ANY football discussion?

Back On Topic, This would not seem the year that Tanny will be willing to give up picks given their scarcity. I don't expect Bill to use all of his though as it's just not wise to bring in that many bodies. Could get interesting, however , if a rookie cap is pu in place if/when a new CBA is reached.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever leave mommy's basement?

How many times have you brought up Vernon Gholston in your 24/7 round the clock loitering of jets message boards?

[QUOTE=child please;4001103]Do you ever leave mommy's basement?

How many times have you brought up Vernon Gholston in your 24/7 round the clock loitering of jets message boards?[/QUOTE]

Gotta have your pitiful, moronic, and ever angry last word as usual.

Not the brightest bulb are ya doosh?

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4001127]Gotta have your pitiful, moronic, and ever angry last word as usual.

Not the brightest bulb are ya doosh?[/QUOTE]

Mommy must be so proud of you. Doosh is a big word for you. All growns up.

[QUOTE=child please;4001133]Mommy must be so proud of you.[/QUOTE]

what a moron

gfy

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4001137]what a moron

gfy[/QUOTE]

Mommy is upstairs, she will dry your eyes for you.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;4000691]We are already short on picks this draft after giving our 2nd rounder to SD for Cro. That being said, if there is a pass rusher that they are very high on and believe that he wont last past NE, then I say do it ONLY because we really need a pass rusher and Tannenbaum has had very good success trading up for players they want (i.e. Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Greene, etc.)[/QUOTE]

You forgot Dustin Keller.

Child Please and Vinny... please cease your abusive language or I'll be forced to report you to 32. Thank you.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4001127]Gotta have your pitiful, moronic, and ever angry last word as usual.

Not the brightest bulb are ya doosh?[/QUOTE]

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4001250]You forgot Dustin Keller.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was just naming a few (reason why I used 'etc.') off the top off my head as there have been so many successful trades that have had us move up to get a player that the FO targeted.

Speaking of the draft, do we have any compensatory picks in this years draft? Have they handed any out yet since FA hasnt started?