Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood vs. Medicare

Planned Parenthood vs. Medicare

So the argument, now fostered by Holywood Types (see below) and screamed from the rooftops by (D) in Washington, is that Planned Parenthood provides Womens Health services, not just being the Nations largest abortion Facilitator.

So here is the question, wht the **** id Medicare/Medicaid and all the various State agencies of Health doing? Why the hell are we spending trillions on these entitlements, all of whom provide "womens health" services, yet somehow all women will die in a fire if Planned Parenthood has abortion funding removed?

Someone explain this to me, cause if you are a (D), your either lying on one side (the PP is a required womens serice provider) or on the other (that Medicare/Caid and State Programs are required Womens Service providers).

Lets not mince words, I accuse all of the (D)'s of intellectual dishonesty. "Womens Health" when it comes to planned parenthood means abortion, but the (D)'s who so deeply love abortion refuse to actually use the word, because they are spineless pussies.

If you want to take my tax money, to pay to kill fetuses, fine. But at least have the ****ign personal integrity to be honest, a strtch for most of you, about it. ****ing liars.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's [B]Warpathfish[/B] today. Try Sanka bro!

[QUOTE=Warfish;4000639]
    So here is the question, wht the **** id Medicare/Medicaid and all the various State agencies of Health doing? Why the hell are we spending trillions on these entitlements, all of whom provide "womens health" services, yet somehow all women will die in a fire if Planned Parenthood has abortion funding removed?
    [/QUOTE]

The federal government doesn't provide any funding for abortions. All money has to be seperated and if it isn't they are liable for prosecution.

This is a red hearing. Planned parenthood provides birth control, screanings, health services and abortion.

I don't get how removing birth control and condoms along with health screanings saves either the State or the Federal govenment a dime.

Of course they preform abortions not funded by the Feds and clossing them down would reduce abortions. Abortions are legal.

Banned
    If they shut down PP, I'm going to start investing in wire coat hanger companies. ;)

Planned Parenthood can't be touched where would Harry Reed's family go. This from the mouth of Harry Reed! Doctor should have wacked his butt not his head!

All League
    Medicare, Medicaid, Social Services, State Medicaid/Medicare, County Health Departments, a myriad of governmental assistance programs, free health fair screenings, the Komen foundation, a zillion private charities, the oncoming Obamacare, and of course good 'ol fashioned Health Insurance that us stupid "taxpayers" also have to pay out of pocket for...

SO, why do we need these government funded Abortion mills again?

Oh, and if Cameron DIaz and the rest of the Celebutards care so much, how 'bout putting your money where your mouths are, stop expecting ME to pay for peoples irresponsilble lives, and fund this crap out of your own pockets instead of making lame youtube vidoes and commercials full of lies.

PP is an abortion mill. Period. They do NOT offer "Medical Care" or preventive care or testing. They provide birth control screenings/prescriptions and abortions. Anyone who argues otherwise is ignorant or a liar.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4001281]Medicare, Medicaid, Social Services, State Medicaid/Medicare, County Health Departments, a myriad of governmental assistance programs, free health fair screenings, the Komen foundation, a zillion private charities, the oncoming Obamacare, and of course good 'ol fashioned Health Insurance that us stupid "taxpayers" also have to pay out of pocket for...

SO, why do we need these government funded Abortion mills again?

Oh, and if Cameron DIaz and the rest of the Celebutards care so much, how 'bout putting your money where your mouths are, stop expecting ME to pay for peoples irresponsilble lives, and fund this crap out of your own pockets instead of making lame youtube vidoes and commercials full of lies.

PP is an abortion mill. Period. They do NOT offer "Medical Care" or preventive care or testing. They provide birth control screenings/prescriptions and abortions. Anyone who argues otherwise is ignorant or a liar.[/QUOTE]

So Planned Parenthood doesn't do pap smears? or breast cancer screenings? That's surprising because I know for a fact that they do.

All League
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4000675]The federal government doesn't provide any funding for abortions. All money has to be seperated and if it isn't they are liable for prosecution. [/QUOTE]

obamacare has it somewhere that the american tax payer is paying for abortions remember???

[QUOTE=Warfish;4000639]So the argument, now fostered by Holywood Types (see below) and screamed from the rooftops by (D) in Washington, is that Planned Parenthood provides Womens Health services, not just being the Nations largest abortion Facilitator.

Someone explain this to me, cause if you are a (D), your either lying on one side (the PP is a required womens serice provider) or on the other (that Medicare/Caid and State Programs are required Womens Service providers).

Lets not mince words, I accuse all of the (D)'s of intellectual dishonesty. "Womens Health" when it comes to planned parenthood means abortion, but the (D)'s who so deeply love abortion refuse to actually use the word, because they are spineless pussies.

If you want to take my tax money, to pay to kill fetuses, fine. But at least have the ****ign personal integrity to be honest, a strtch for most of you, about it. ****ing liars.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of dishonesty, the federal government doesn't provide any funding for abortions.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4001314]Speaking of dishonesty, the federal government doesn't provide any funding for abortions.[/QUOTE]

You audited Planned Parenthoods books? Tell me, how was it for you, enlightening?

Here is another good one, there is no waste or fraud in the Government.

Forum is full of lols today.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;4001332]You audited Planned Parenthoods books? Tell me, how was it for you, enlightening?

Here is another good one, there is no waste or fraud in the Government.

Forum is full of lols today.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry Fish, the burden is on you to prove that the federal govt funds abortions in PP. Until you do, you are simply talking out of your a$$!!!

All Pro
    Proving the non-fungibilty of federal $ where restrictions on paper exist is a fool's errand

At present, the federal Medicaid program mandates abortion funding in cases of rape or incest, as well as when a pregnant woman's life is endangered by a physical disorder, illness, or injury.

PP is a well-known abortion provider that receives federal funds-the country's leading Orwellian meatgrinder

[B]It does not publicize it anywhere near as much, but elsewhere, Planned Parenthood admits that the percentage of its clients receiving abortion is significantly higher than 3%.[/B]

[B]On a February 2011, fact sheet entitled “Planned Parenthood by the Numbers,” PPFA repeats the claim that 3% of its “health services” are abortions, but also admits that the percentage of its clients receiving “abortion services” is actually 12%. That means that not one in every 33, but nearly one out of every eight women walking through the door of a Planned Parenthood clinic has an abortion.[/B]

[B]Even this, however, does not count the numbers who visit Planned Parenthood thinking they might be pregnant and planning on having an abortion if they are. The 2009 PPFA services factsheet says that 1,158,924 women visiting Planned Parenthood clinics had pregnancy tests.[/B]

[B]Why were these women coming to Planned Parenthood for their pregnancy tests, considering how they could have gotten a cheap pregnancy test at their local drug store? It certainly couldn’t be for the prenatal care, since so few Planned Parenthood centers offer it (FN According to the Services fact sheet, PPFA clinics provided prenatal services just 7,021 clients in 2009 in the U.S.).[/B]

[URL]http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2011/04/why-the-claim-that-abortion-is-%E2%80%9Conly-3-of-planned-parenthood%E2%80%99s-services%E2%80%9D-is-so-radically-misleading/[/URL]

[URL="http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_by_the_Numbers.pdf"]www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_by_the_Numbers.pdf[/URL]

PP cooking the books:

[URL]http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/18/planned-parenthoods-missing-millions/[/URL]

NPR of all peoples:

[URL]http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/03/npr-fact-checks-debunks-planned-parenthoods-3-of-all-services-are-for-abortion-lie/[/URL]
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 04-15-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2®;4001314]Speaking of dishonesty, the federal government doesn't provide any funding for abortions.[/QUOTE]

If the federal government is funding Planned Parenthood (wasn't that a huge issue in the budget fight?), and Planned Parenthood provides abortions, doesn't that mean the federal government is providing funding for abortions?

[QUOTE=shakin318;4001462]If the federal government is funding Planned Parenthood (wasn't that a huge issue in the budget fight?), and Planned Parenthood provides abortions, doesn't that mean the federal government is providing funding for abortions?[/QUOTE]

No. If you go to the doctor for an exam and he bills you for it and performs an abortion on someone else are you paying for it?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4001463]No. If you go to the doctor for an exam and he bills you for it and performs an abortion on someone else are you paying for it?[/QUOTE]

No. But if that abortion patient is a welfare mom I paid for it on April 15th.

My post wasn't an argument, it was a question. If the federal government is remibursing PP for specific procedures -- none of which include abortion -- then I guess you could say they're not funding abortions. If the federal government is providing PP with funds for its general operating budget, and PP is performing abortions without billing the moms (well, not "moms"...let's call them fetus carriers), then I would say the federal government is funding abortions.

I don't know what the actual structure of the funding is, which is why I asked.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4001523]No. But if that abortion patient is a welfare mom I paid for it on April 15th.

My post wasn't an argument, it was a question. If the federal government is remibursing PP for specific procedures -- none of which include abortion -- then I guess you could say they're not funding abortions. If the federal government is providing PP with funds for its general operating budget, and PP is performing abortions without billing the moms (well, not "moms"...let's call them fetus carriers), then I would say the federal government is funding abortions.

I don't know what the actual structure of the funding is, which is why I asked.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the structure either, but it would seem to be irrelevant.

People get arrested for being "accomplices" to crimes -- even if they were just the driver that helped the bad guys get away.

Whether or not PP actually PERFORMS/PAYS FOR the abortion, they certainly play a role (admittedly) in people getting abortions. Which to me means my tax dollars are being used to help facilitate abortions -- directly or indirectly.

It's amazing how strict we want to be with "separation of church and state", yet allow the line to be ridiculously blurred when it comes to the gov'ts role in the murder of innocent unborn children . . .

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4001300]So Planned Parenthood doesn't do pap smears? or breast cancer screenings? That's surprising because I know for a fact that they do.[/QUOTE]

No they don't, kid. My wife (before we were married and she received covereage from my health insurance) used to go to PP for birth control and they offer nothing of a preventive nature. Nothing. They do exams in order to provide birth control, perform pregnancy tests, and perform abortions...they do NOT do breast cancer screenings. They are an abortion/birth control mill. Period.

But you can continue to prove you are either disingenuous, ignorant, or both.

But let me guess, you "know" these things to be true because Rachel Maddow told you...

Oh, and in the Hypocracy department, what about the "Keep your Laws off my body" crowd? SO, its only the laws they don't like? Keep your laws off my body, but keep the tax dollars flowing, huh?

I'm TIRED of being told I'm RESPONSIBLE for paying for other peoples irresponsibility, laziness, and stupidity, but I have no AUTHORITY to go along with that responsibility. Want my Tax Money for your Social Program? Fine, but no more drugs, no more smoking, no more drinking, no more having illegitimate children, no more crime, and no more sloth for you.

And if you don't want kids, stop ****ing.

Personal responsiblity in this country has gone to absolute ****, and THAT is the reason we are now a declining nation with an overwhelming deficit directly related to entitlements. Everything else is just noise.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 04-15-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4001523]..and PP is performing abortions without billing the moms (well, not "moms"...let's call them fetus carriers), then I would say the federal government is funding abortions...[/QUOTE]

They charge for the procedure fyi...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001870]They charge for the procedure fyi...[/QUOTE]

As I said, I'm not aware of their billing practices. They may very well have a business model that enables them to claim that federal funding doesn't in any way provide for abortions.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001870]They charge for the procedure fyi...[/QUOTE]

"procedure"... lol