Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood vs. Medicare

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4002539][IMG]http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2390572.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

If your job can't provide you health insurance and you can't obtain it on your own, it's time to find a new job.

Not wait for your government to continue to bail you out.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4002562]If your job can't provide you health insurance and you can't obtain it on your own, it's time to find a new job.

Not wait for your government to continue to bail you out.[/QUOTE]

Yes because those jobs are just so darn plentiful.

Also, I'll send her good luck on getting coverage with her pre-existing condition.

It must be nice living in a dream world.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4001949]Republicans are living in the past. Roe V Wade and Medicare was 60 years ago fellas. It's over. Move on.[/QUOTE]

Whos arguing against the RIGHT to get an abortion, Matt? Seriously, can you EVER make an honest argument? Can ANYONE on the left make an honest debate without yelling "Racist homophobe anti-woman bigot"?

I have no problem with ANYONE that wants an abortion getting one. Just stop expecting ME to PAY for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4002577]Whos arguing against the RIGHT to get an abortion, Matt? Seriously, can you EVER make an honest argument? Can ANYONE on the left make an honest debate without yelling "Racist homophobe anti-woman bigot"?

I have no problem with ANYONE that wants an abortion getting one. Just stop expecting ME to PAY for them.[/QUOTE]

That's not the biggest problem with that post.

The biggest problem is that he clearly doesn't understand what the Roe v. Wade ruling actually means.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4002525]I'll tell you what, why don't you ask the State Department, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, etc. etc. if they think the Chinese government is a successful one.

And maybe you should think about their response before you propose we go down that road.[/QUOTE]

Has the definition of the word "failed" changed?

All League
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4002562]If your job can't provide you health insurance and you can't obtain it on your own, it's time to find a new job.

Not wait for your government to continue to bail you out.[/QUOTE]

So you are cool with some americans never being able to afford health care?

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4002577]Whos arguing against the RIGHT to get an abortion, Matt? Seriously, can you EVER make an honest argument? Can ANYONE on the left make an honest debate without yelling "Racist homophobe anti-woman bigot"?

I have no problem with ANYONE that wants an abortion getting one. Just stop expecting ME to PAY for them.[/QUOTE]

You are not paying for them.

:)

So cheer up!

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4002577]I have no problem with ANYONE that wants an abortion getting one. Just stop expecting ME to PAY for them.[/QUOTE]

You have NEVER paid for an abortion.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4002681]You have NEVER paid for an abortion.[/QUOTE]

Wrong again.

[URL]http://www.aclu.org/reproductive-freedom/public-funding-abortion[/URL]

seventeen states fund abortions for low-income women on the same or similar terms as other pregnancy-related and general health services. Four of these states provide funding voluntarily (HI, MD, NY,and WA); in thirteen, courts interpreting their state constitutions have declared broad and independent protection for reproductive choice and have ordered nondiscriminatory public funding of abortion (AK, AZ, CA, CT, IL, MA, MN, MT, NJ, NM, OR, VT, and WV). Thirty-two of the remaining states pay for abortions for low-income women in cases of life-endangering circumstances, rape, or incest, as mandated by federal Medicaid law. (A handful of these states pay as well in cases of fetal impairment or when the pregnancy threatens "severe" health problems, but none provides reimbursement for all medically necessary abortions for low-income women.) Finally, one state (SD) fails even to comply with the Hyde Amendment, instead providing coverage only for lifesaving abortions.

Also...we, federal taxpayers pay for foreign abortions thu the back door

On January 23, 2009, President Obama rescinded the Mexico City Policy. The Mexico City Policy had required foreign [U]nongovernmental organizations[/U] to certify that they will not perform or actively promote abortion as a method of family planning using funds generated from any source as a condition for receiving USAID family planning assistance. The Mexico City Policy had been in effect from 1985 until 1993, when it was rescinded by President Clinton. President Bush reinstated the policy in 2001, and it had remained in place since that time. In rescinding the policy, President Obama directed USAID to immediately waive the policy’s conditions in any current grants; notify current grantees, as soon as possible, that these conditions have been waived; and immediately cease imposing these conditions in any future grants. Read this in [URL="http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/pop/mcp_sp.pdf"]Spanish[/URL] [PDF, 8KB], [URL="http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/pop/mcp_fr.pdf"]French[/URL] [PDF, 19KB], and [URL="http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/pop/mcp_ar.pdf"]Arabic[/URL] [PDF, 61KB].

[URL]http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/pop/restrictions.html[/URL]

[QUOTE=Buster;4002618]So you are cool with some americans never being able to afford health care?[/QUOTE]

Here are some alternatives:
    For younger people, under 30, the military provides excellent free healthcare.
    Those over 65 have Medicare.
    In between there are numerous health care plans available if one is not provided through a job. Pre existing conditions - Sorry, but some get a short straw - that's life. You have to pay more.
    And there are free clinics all over the place with doctors who are highly qualified. There is a small charge defending on the ability to pay.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4002571]Yes because those jobs are just so darn plentiful.

Also, I'll send her good luck on getting coverage with her pre-existing condition.

It must be nice living in a dream world.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite parts of Obamacare:

Insurance companies can no longer dismiss customers with pre-existing conditions. At the same time, all are mandated to have insurance, or you must pay a fine.

Yet that fine costs less than the price of purchasing health insurance. So, basically, I have no reason to EVER buy health insurance, at least not until I get sick. I'll pay the fine while healthy, then buy insurance to keep my bills down once I'm sick. Because they can't deny me! Yay!

Yup, that should definitely keep insurance costs down. :rolleyes:

None of Planned Parenthood’s $363 million in federal funding pays for abortion; it goes toward family planning, cancer screening, and other reproductive health care.

If you want to go after Medicare because they fund abortions in case of rape, incest and possible death to the mother...rock on. I see that as money well spent.
    Last edited by FF2®; 04-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4002722]One of my favorite parts of Obamacare:

Insurance companies can no longer dismiss customers with pre-existing conditions. At the same time, all are mandated to have insurance, or you must pay a fine.

Yet that fine costs less than the price of purchasing health insurance. So, basically, I have no reason to EVER buy health insurance, at least not until I get sick. I'll pay the fine while healthy, then buy insurance to keep my bills down once I'm sick. Because they can't deny me! Yay!

Yup, that should definitely keep insurance costs down. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Holy sh#t! You mean you have a choice? That's horrible! Obama should come to your house personally and sign you up!!!!

The fine money will help offset costs, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4002723]None of Planned Parenthood’s $363 million in federal funding pays for abortion; it goes toward family planning, cancer screening, and other reproductive health care.

If you want to go after Medicare because they fund abortions in case of rape, incest and possible death to the mother...rock on. I see that as money well spent.[/QUOTE]

Gays. Abortion. 9/11.

The Republican Party Platform.

[QUOTE=cr726;4002727]Holy sh#t! You mean you have a choice? That's horrible! Obama should come to your house personally and sign you up!!!!

The fine money will help offset costs, no?[/QUOTE]

No not if it encourages people to not have health insurance until they get sick it will increase costs.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4002729]No not if it encourages people to not have health insurance until they get sick it will increase costs.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like what happens now? Emergency room visits can't be cheaper than actual healthcare, I hope.

[url]http://blackgenocide.org/planned.html[/url]

I love the liberals who cry racism for everything but ignore the biggest racists.

[QUOTE=cr726;4002731]Kind of like what happens now? Emergency room visits can't be cheaper than actual healthcare, I hope.[/QUOTE]

Why not? You think it cost more money to slice meat at the deli if you have an appointment vs waiting on line?

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4002735][url]http://blackgenocide.org/planned.html[/url]

I love the liberals who cry racism for everything but ignore the biggest racists.[/QUOTE]

Great point! :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4002731]Kind of like what happens now? Emergency room visits can't be cheaper than actual healthcare, I hope.[/QUOTE]

Just don't pay the hospital and ER visits are free and on the tab of idiots who don't want health care fixed.