Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best of Christopher Hitchens

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Best of Christopher Hitchens

I'm not an athiest, but I really enjoy listening to this guy. His columns in Vanity Fair are hilarious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQorzOS-F6w&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta agree with him on the whole Abraham/Isaac thing. I would have told god to go pound f*cking salt rather than fillet my own child. And a guy that asked a father to do such a thing is worthy of praise?

lolz...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001468]Gotta agree with him on the whole Abraham/Isaac thing. I would have told god to go pound f*cking salt rather than fillet my own child. And a guy that asked a father to do such a thing is worthy of praise?

lolz...[/QUOTE]

So tell us about your man Obama and his penchant for partial birth abortion.

Got praise?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001468]Gotta agree with him on the whole Abraham/Isaac thing. I would have told god to go pound f*cking salt rather than fillet my own child. And a guy that asked a father to do such a thing is worthy of praise?

lolz...[/QUOTE]

I think you'd agree if God DOES exist, He's worthy of praise regardless of what He asks (since He's GOD)

But it's sure easy to talk trash about Him from behind a keyboard . . .;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4001527]So tell us about your man Obama and his penchant for partial birth abortion.

Got praise?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZDcS-rMf4[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4001537]I think you'd agree if God DOES exist, He's worthy of praise regardless of what He asks (since He's GOD)[/QUOTE]

Not really.

His record is far from stellar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001561]Not really.

His record is far from stellar.[/QUOTE]

You must have a very limited definition of what it means to be a GOD.

Maybe you'll get the chance to take it up with Him one day . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4001577]You must have a very limited definition of what it means to be a GOD.[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to come to terms with a god who orders mass-murder on other people in one book of the Bible, and orders people to turn the other cheek in another book of the Bible?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001613]Kinda hard to come to terms with a god who orders mass-murder on other people in one book of the Bible, and orders people to turn the other cheek in another book of the Bible?[/QUOTE]

Hey, he's god, he's allowed to contradict himself. Believers call that a "mystery."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4001653]Hey, he's god, he's allowed to contradict himself. Believers call that a "mystery."[/QUOTE]

And when it comes to Messiah Obama's massive contradictions and flip flops, you sheep praise him for his "thoughtfulness and adaptability"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4001653]Hey, he's god, he's allowed to contradict himself. Believers call that a "mystery."[/QUOTE]

lol...kinda like when one person escapes a fire it was "god's doing" but if 20 other people die in the fire, it's not god's fault. lolz..

I remember when I was a teenager and being brainwashed, er, going to church...I had to give a 5 min sermon on Genesis 19. LMAO! Go read it, bro. It's sick sick sick.

Lot.

Most righteous man according to god. Angels come down, homo's in Sodom want to butt rape them. "Righteous" Lot offers to let them gang rape his daughter. At that point, god should've said "WTF, Lot? Are you kidding me?!?" Did he? Nope. Offering to let a mob of angry guys rape your daughters is ok. What's not ok? Turning around and rubbernecking a fire. God offed Lot's wife for doing that.

Wait. It gets worse.

Then Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could have sex with him in a cave.

Serious. Go read it yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001665]lol...kinda like when one person escapes a fire it was "god's doing" but if 20 other people die in the fire, it's not god's fault. lolz..

I remember when I was a teenager and being brainwashed, er, going to church...I had to give a 5 min sermon on Genesis 19. LMAO! Go read it, bro. It's sick sick sick.

Lot.

Most righteous man according to god. Angels come down, homo's in Sodom want to butt rape them. "Righteous" Lot offers to let them gang rape his daughter. At that point, god should've said "WTF, Lot? Are you kidding me?!?" Did he? Nope. Offering to let a mob of angry guys rape your daughters is ok. What's not ok? Turning around and rubbernecking a fire. God offed Lot's wife for doing that.

Wait. It gets worse.

Then Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could have sex with him in a cave.

Serious. Go read it yourself.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to like Him -- you just better be pretty sure He doesn't exist, or all these statements WILL have to be accounted for. It's no different than someone talking trash about a dictator, then one day hearing the knock on the door . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4001678]You don't have to like Him -- you just better be pretty sure He doesn't exist, or all these statements WILL have to be accounted for. It's no different than someone talking trash about a dictator, then one day hearing the knock on the door . . .[/QUOTE]

lolz. God is just like a dictator? That was kinda my point :P;)

Part of me hopes he does exist. I got lotsa questions for him. Like "why did you drown everyone that one time"? Or "explain to me why your son had to die to 'cover' our sins? That makes no sense." Or "why did you stop that dude from building the Tower of Babel? You know there was no possible way for hi to reach the heavens. U shudda let him keep building it until it fell over...then he would have looked like a complete idiot".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4001692]lolz. God is just like a dictator? That was kinda my point :P;)

Part of me hopes he does exist. I got lotsa questions for him. Like "why did you drown everyone that one time"? Or "explain to me why your son had to die to 'cover' our sins? That makes no sense." Or "why did you stop that dude from building the Tower of Babel? You know there was no possible way for hi to reach the heavens. U shudda let him keep building it until it fell over...then he would have looked like a complete idiot".[/QUOTE]

Yes, in your opinion, God is JUST like a dictator. And you are being disingenuous if you're saying you'd "talk tough" if you were ever brought into the presence of one. And that's referring to a human dictator, not an actual GOD.

Your only hope is that God doesn't exist. I'd like to say I hope you're right (for your sake), but then I'd be the one being disingenuous . . .;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4001756]Yes, in your opinion, God is JUST like a dictator. And you are being disingenuous if you're saying you'd "talk tough" if you were ever brought into the presence of one. And that's referring to a human dictator, not an actual GOD.

Your only hope is that God doesn't exist. I'd like to say I hope you're right (for your sake), but then I'd be the one being disingenuous . . .;)[/QUOTE]

So we're all God's children, and if one of his children dares to ask him questions...he'll get pissed and smite me?

He sounds like an alcoholic stepfather :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4001658]And when it comes to Messiah Obama's massive contradictions and flip flops, you sheep praise him for his "thoughtfulness and adaptability"[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.boltsandtools.com/images/CROWBAR-B.gif[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4001760][IMG]http://www.boltsandtools.com/images/CROWBAR-B.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, look who's raised his level of discourse up a dozen notches or so! Good show Chap!
    Last edited by shakin318; 04-15-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normal person: I shouldn't eat meat today right? Ah, forget it I don't go to mass and what difference will it make anyway?

Obama Hater: Yea, right, but you would do whatever Obama told you!

Normal person: What?

Obama Hater: You just don't get it!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4001825]Normal person: I shouldn't eat meat today right? Ah, forget it I don't go to mass and what difference will it make anyway?

Obama Hater: Yea, right, but you would do whatever Obama told you!

Normal person: What?

Obama Hater: You just don't get it!!![/QUOTE]

Ah jeez. Looks like I spoke too soon. Right back to WTF non-sequiturs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4001873]Ah jeez. Looks like I spoke too soon. Right back to WTF non-sequiturs.[/QUOTE]

Your post bringing Obama into this was right on point!!!! :rolleyes:

What does Obama have to do with this thread?

PK isn't allowed to question God because you think he is a loyal Obama follower, right on point. :rolleyes: