Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Do other teams have as much personel turnover as we do?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Do other teams have as much personel turnover as we do?

Seems like every season we do a lot retooling. More than other teams? Average? I'm just bugging?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the good ones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flymax;4001496]Seems like every season we do a lot retooling. More than other teams? Average? I'm just bugging?[/QUOTE]

When Schotty goes....THEN we can fix our personnel turnover, until then, it's not enough.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year is mostly a product of solid drafting since 2006. However, when was the last time the Jets actually lost a good player for financial reasons? Last time was John Abraham if not mistaken.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Tannenbaum we trust

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BFfan;4001540]This year is mostly a product of solid drafting since 2006. However, when was the last time the Jets actually lost a good player for financial reasons? Last time was John Abraham if not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Kareem McKenzie comes to mind. Abraham was traded so he wasn't lost but used.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Farrior is one that keeps coming to mind. he was a high pick for us and bolted when his contract was up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    but without stats to prove things one way or the other , i have to think that the jets roster turnover has been average over the last 10 years when compared to the middle of the pack teams. when compared to the elite teams (which the Jets not having been in that group for a long time), the elite teams probably have a lot less turnover. i hope that they'll be considered an elite team soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the real key to player turnover is how many starters are changed. some of sanchez's slow development can be attributed to having new receivers each of his two seasons. the place where turnover hurts the most, imo, in on the oline because those guys really have to know what the other guys are doing. second may be the dline. the jets are in a position to have at least 4 of the 5 oline starters set for the next 5 seasons. i am assuming ducasse works out, slauson keeps improving. moore is coming off surgery and he is getting old. the dline is in a bit of chaos because ellis is old, jenkins is out, and that only leaves devito and pouha as the only real starters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4002356]Farrior is one that keeps coming to mind. he was a high pick for us and bolted when his contract was up.[/QUOTE]

yes but farrior on the jets sucked until 2001 his final year. i was against re-signing him then idc what he did for Pit he sucked here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been like that for the past few years but its not something that characterizes the the franchise like the skins or the raiders