All League

Friday Night Lights

The final season starts tonight on NBC. I saw the episodes last fall on
    DirectTV. And for all the posters who've watched it over the years its
    a very fulfilling completion to the series

Jets Insider VIP
    Sweet!!!!

Can't wait.

Please, for all those who allready watched the last season on Directv or over the interwebz, do not post any spoilers in this thread.

Thanks.

Looking forward to it as well.

I seriously cannot believe this show isnt staying on TV. With all the crap on there, a show this good should easily be able to stay on, so disappointing.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4001616]Looking forward to it as well.

I seriously cannot believe this show isnt staying on TV. With all the crap on there, a show this good should easily be able to stay on, so disappointing.[/QUOTE]

For all the crap television networks get for bad shows being on the air, and good shows getting cancelled far too early, NBC deserves a lot of credit for getting 5 years out of FNL. It never got ratings, and even if it was better publicized it would have helped, some, the reality is that it never quite fit into a demographic. But to get 5 years is pretty impressive. And with the exception of the 1st half of season 2, it's been a consistently great show.

As good as season 1 was, the best episode in the series, for me, was last season, and it's kind of unbelievable he wasn't nominated for anything.

Banned
    I'm still pissed that NBC got rid of Law & Order (the original) last year. It's always been a favorite of mine. The new LA version is dogsh*t.

[QUOTE=KRL;4001578]The final season starts tonight on NBC. I saw the episodes last fall on
    DirectTV. And for all the posters who've watched it over the years its
    a very fulfilling completion to the series[/QUOTE]

Saw the commercial on NBC. I have all the episodes taped on DirectV but have not been able to bring myself to watch them yet. I really think this is one show I will miss. Really was a good first coupe of years, glad to hear it is a good endig

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4001652]I'm still pissed that NBC got rid of Law & Order (the original) last year. It's always been a favorite of mine. The new LA version is dogsh*t.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about that with a friend. The move made no sense at all. Who really thought cancelling a Law & Order (That had the best cast since Orbach left) and replacing it with an LA version of the same show. You alienate L&O fans, who are the most likely to watch another L&O show. My wife and I watched about 2 episodes, and it just was not very good. You know it's not going well, when they are killing off a main character in the 1st season.

Excited for the fifth and final season, but will have to watch it another time as the Rangers hit the ice at 7:30.

It's going to be a good ending.

Veteran
    It ends like this....The Mexican drug cartel crosses the border into Dillon and kills everyone in the town.

J/K. Great show. Watched it on Directv.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;4001872]It ends like this....The Mexican drug cartel crosses the border into Dillon and kills everyone in the town.

J/K. Great show. Watched it on Directv.[/QUOTE]

Tim Riggins>>>Mexican Drug Cartels

As a DTV viewer of FNL I can say you guys are going to love this season....one of my fave wrap ups ever to a great show....

What started out as a show about football and the HS kids for me evolved into a fantastic look into the life of a HS football coach whose family/wife dynamic was one of the most relaistic ever seen on TV IMO. The fact that the show was getting better with almost an entire new case of HS kids shows it could have gone longer if it found an audience....but I am really satisfied with what we got out of it....enjoy!

I watched it the first 2 seasons but then it was playing on direct tv or something and now I didn't even know it was back on cable so I missed seasons of it.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4002209]I watched it the first 2 seasons but then it was playing on direct tv or something and now I didn't even know it was back on cable so I missed seasons of it.[/QUOTE]

you can start fresh and be ok...however back seasons are out there on Netflix and other not so legit sites....worth the watch

Jets Insider VIP
    First two episodes have bored me to tears.

Bring back Saracen and Riggins.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4008086]First two episodes have bored me to tears.

[B]Bring back Saracen and Riggins.[/B][/QUOTE]

soon enough

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4008086]First two episodes have bored me to tears.

Bring back Saracen and Riggins.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was just thinking that I really liked the 2nd episode a lot. You can't just bring back old characters on a show about High School Football, it doesn't make a lot of sense, other than in small doses. Even the stuff with the coach's daughter seems incredibly out of place.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4008237]Funny, I was just thinking that I really liked the 2nd episode a lot. You can't just bring back old characters on a show about High School Football, it doesn't make a lot of sense, other than in small doses. Even the stuff with the coach's daughter seems incredibly out of place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know.

Just finding the "new" characters extremely boring.

I know they are laying the foundation down right now, I am sure it will pick up.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4008270]Yeah I know.

Just finding the "new" characters extremely boring.

I know they are laying the foundation down right now, I am sure it will pick up.[/QUOTE]

Tivo'd the first 2 episodes of season 5, and after watching the into of the first episode, my wfe and I realized that we must have missed an entire season of the show! In a panic, I went to netflix and was so psyched to see that the entire series is available for streaming through my PS3. We watched season 4 over the past 3 nights, and can't wait to watch season 5.

CLEAR EYES! FULL HEARTS! CAN'T LOSE!!!
    :yes:

The first season was the best, but the single best episode of the show was "The Son" in season 4. The whole episode about Matt's father was really just great television.

I actually really like Vince's girlfriend on the show as female character who likes football but not into being a "Rally Girl" it's a nice contrast.