Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW.....Pats draft board

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if that is their real board... the observations that stand out just for fun...

- 7 defensive ends with grades of 8 or higher. Cam Heyward 7.9 Bailey 6.9 that's pretty awesome. I'd be happy with any of those names for the Jets. Note that Phil Taylor is not on the DE board. so chuck that projection the dude is a NT.

- Nate Solder over Tyron Smith makes sense to me

-the way he runs routes, it makes sense the Pats would over-value Vincent Brown WR SDSU

-that's the highest I've seen Utah DT Sealver Siliga ranked. He's usually regarded as a late round top 250 type of player. But it's possible cause most don't know alot about this player.
    Casey Matthews caught my eye

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boling and Moffit are two of the top 3 G prospects? Smart team.

Bit, I'm not sure it's possible to overvalue a WR who can run alot of routes. Brown is just an underrated player in general.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    According to the twitter account of the reporter in the video...the board was a fake.

@tomecurran Tom E. Curran: @shageman13 yes, that was a facsimile big board.

http://twitter.com/#!/tomecurran
    If Curran ever wants another Pats story what else would he say?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Casey Matthews caught my eye
    i believe that's their grade on Cliff Matthews from South Carolina

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i believe that's their grade on Cliff Matthews from South Carolina
    I'd like to revisit this thread after the draft. I find it hard to believe they went out of their way to put up a bogus draft board to amuse us all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what tips it off that it's the patriots' board?
    A reporter doing a report out in the hallway in front of the Patriots war room draft board

Listen man I just finished painting my bridge its the only one in town. You can have it cheap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to revisit this thread after the draft. I find it hard to believe they went out of their way to put up a bogus draft board to amuse us all
    Yeah BB wouldn't do anything like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys can't be serious? They were in the room that they hold press conferences in with 20 media guys there. I'm surprised none of you have said that it was devious trick by BB trying to throw other teams off.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    That can't be their real draft board. According to the story this was a media day organized by the Pats and the board was front and center for the media to read, film, etc. etc.

The funny part about that video is that the reporter comments on a few occasions that they didn't really reveal much information during the press conference....ummm...dude....TURN AROUND!

Anyway.....no way...they put up real information on that board....no way.
    all one needs to do is look at the bottom two on the FB rankings and understand its not the real board....then again its good to see the recognize to former FSU present No Ala FB...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Curran ever wants another Pats story what else would he say?
    He would tell the other 20 guys in the room not to say anything that it was a secret.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so funny seeing these Boston douchebags defend anything Belli does

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Pats really do have a big scouting dept with alot of lowly employees. Making them create a fake draft board sounds exactly like the Patriots way. deception 101 with Bill Belichek

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were Camera's in that room.

I think I see what's going on here.

Belichick is somehow cheating

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, read the article. The media was invited to a session by Cesario on how the Pats rank players. They had a dummy board up to explain the nomencalture
    that is used.

Any one of us posting in this forum could have chosen an order and placed it up there and assigned values to the players and done this in the morning before the event. And we would have had a board that looked plausible.

For you guys to think that it wasn't a prop Dareus and aj green would have had to been the 5th ranked players at their position.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Guys, read the article. The media was invited to a session by Cesario on how the Pats rank players. They had a dummy board up to explain the nomencalture
    that is used.

Any one of us posting in this forum could have chosen an order and placed it up there and assigned values to the players and done this in the morning before the event. And we would have had a board that looked plausible.

For you guys to think that it wasn't a prop Dareus and aj green would have had to been the 5th ranked players at their position.
    I'm sure you're right, but Dareus is listed as a DE right behind Bowers. Green is listed as the first WR in front of Jones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so wait

we are supposed to believe that a guy who won't even divulge an injury when the player is in a coma, for example, is going to reveal his real draft board to a bunch of media jackals two weeks before the draft

only one thing is certain

more smoke and mirrors from the Cheater

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    next we are supposed to believe, I guess, that this Tom C-section is the guy who actually makes the draft decisions for the Cheating Douchebags

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so funny seeing these Boston douchebags defend anything Belli does
    regardless of whether is was purposely coordinated or by complete accident, it will turn out to be genius for belicheck- it gets people talking and others wondering...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    next we are supposed to believe, I guess, that this Tom C-section is the guy who actually makes the draft decisions for the Cheating Douchebags
    You are not elevating the dialogue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously? I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots had an entire Division of Subterfuge and Espionage in their organizational structure.

Having some interns put together a "fake" big board for the media to see and "mistakenly" reveal sounds exactly like something BB would do.