Thread: Obama leads potential 2012 foes nationally

Obama leads potential 2012 foes nationally

[url]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_US_04131205.pdf[/url]

Barack Obama (D) 48 (48)
    Mike Huckabee (R) 43 (43)

Barack Obama (D) 47 (47)
    Mitt Romney (R) 41 (42)

Barack Obama (D) 48 (--)
    Chris Christie (R) 39 (--)

Barack Obama (D) 48 (--)
    Rand Paul (R) 38 (--)

Barack Obama (D) 52 (50)
    Newt Gingrich (R) 38 (39)

Barack Obama (D) 54 (53)
    Sarah Palin (R) 36 (38)

Board Moderator
    can't believe this $hit is starting already.

election season is way too long and drawn out.

yawn.

No wonder, with that list of hacks and failures. Not a one of them I'd trust, and a few who are flat out horrible. If this is our best, better get cracking on how to handle Obama II (and then Ms. President Clinton after that if wed can't find better). Only Paul is decent here, and he's far too new.

Mitt Romney (R) 41 (42)
    Rand Paul (R) 38 (--)
    Sarah Palin (R) 36 (38)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4002037]No wonder, with that list of hacks and failures. Not a one of them I'd trust, and a few who are flat out horrible. If this is our best, better get cracking on how to handle Obama II (and then Ms. President Clinton after that if wed can't find better). Only Paul is decent here, and he's far too new.[/QUOTE]

What about Christie?

I figured he'd be a guy you'd support....

Donald Trump :royal_flu

:jets17

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4002037]No wonder, with that list of hacks and failures. Not a one of them I'd trust, and a few who are flat out horrible. If this is our best, better get cracking on how to handle Obama II (and then Ms. President Clinton after that if wed can't find better). Only Paul is decent here, and he's far too new.

Mitt Romney (R) 41 (42)
    Rand Paul (R) 38 (--)
    Sarah Palin (R) 36 (38)[/QUOTE]

used to like romney for his savy business sense but his healthcare debacle killed it for me... im in between rand paul and michelle bachmann :D

There's one political poll and only one political poll: The right track/wrong track poll.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html[/url]

Right Track - 22.5%
    Wrong Track - 66.5%

:jets17

Jeb Bush could beat him. But he's not gonna run this time out cause he wants to win.

Scott Brown could do it in another cycle. Maybe even Christie. GOP 2016 is a much easier road than GOP 2012.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4002150]Jeb Bush could beat him. But he's not gonna run this time out cause he wants to win.[/QUOTE]

Huh? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    The GOP is an embarrassment and total failure. To lose to this clown, who is easily one of the 5 worst POTUS of all time (which is obviously going to happen), speaks volumes.

Guess I'll just have to hold on to the knowledge that some day soon, the backwards, hypocritical establishment in control of the GOP now will die off.

And here's to hoping the new wave of young, reasonable ones sticks with it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4002150]Jeb Bush could beat him.
    But he's not gonna run this time out cause he wants to win.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2;4002170]Huh? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Could I borrow that smilie ??

I know it's useful to conduct polls but it's way too early plus I think regardless of national popular vote I think Obama will have a tough time winning either Ohio or Florida which is what is really going to decide the election. The inbred tea partiers are going to turn out in droves in those states to vote.

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4002463]I know it's useful to conduct polls but it's way too early plus I think regardless of national popular vote I think Obama will have a tough time winning either Ohio or Florida which is what is really going to decide the election. The inbred tea partiers are going to turn out in droves in those states to vote.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the new leader of the DNC from Florida?

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4002470]Isn't the new leader of the DNC from Florida?[/QUOTE]

So? John Ensign is from Nevada and was the RNC chair in 2008. Obama won Nevada in 2008. Michael Steele is from Maryland - I doubt whoever the republican nominee is will win Maryland in 2012 even if they win the presidency. It doesn't really matter where the party chairman is from.

I think that the last DNC leader was from VA. President Obama won Va in 2008

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4002479]I think that the last DNC leader was from VA. President Obama won Va in 2008[/QUOTE]

Yes, Tim Kaine was the former governor of Virginia. It's funny you say that b/c I think Obama's best chance of winning reelection is to make Mark Warner his new running mate to help ensure he can win Virginia in 2012. Virginia plus another small state's electoral votes like New Mexico would be enough to override Romney winning both Ohio and Florida.

Let's keep an eye out those events...

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4002474]So? John Ensign is from Nevada and was the RNC chair in 2008. Obama won Nevada in 2008. Michael Steele is from Maryland - I doubt whoever the republican nominee is will win Maryland in 2012 even if they win the presidency. It doesn't really matter where the party chairman is from.[/QUOTE]

Mike Duncan was the RNC Chairman in 2008. Ensign chaired the Republican senatorial campaign committee.

Two of those candidates don't have the necessary national exposure to even be polled on...

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4002492]Two of those candidates don't have the necessary national exposure to even be polled on...[/QUOTE]

Which ones are you referring to? All of those candidates have had extensive national exposure.