Thread: This really SUCKS...

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket

This really SUCKS...

So any other year we would have something to talk about with FA signings and trades but this year we got nothing.

We have to resort to only clips of what might happen and whos bickering at who...It really sucks.

I am only 26 so i dont remember the last work stoppage and it just makes everything just not as exciting as it used to be....I only that there isnt football this time of year anyway but just not having any offseason has made this an extremely long winter and start of the spring.

I just feel like this is hurting the league and the fans big time and i feel like no one really cares.

Millionaires fighting billionaires and its crazy.

Sorry guys i had to make this thread because im sick of reading about stupid stuff like why rex ryan is like obama and what progress these make in court ...i want blockbuster trades, FA signing to teams that you would never think would happen and all the offseason news. NOT litigation ...Just had to throw it out there. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

[QUOTE=sg3;4002245]dump[/QUOTE]

Right, because his post is certainly so much worse than yours.:rolleyes:

It would be much much worse if not for the draft and will be worse after the draft. The thing that is keeping the fans from being very upset and raising cane is that the draft is still going ahead. After that expect a lot more angst.

Jets Insider VIP
    why does this stinking chowd troll keep following me around commenting inanely on every post.

can't he go back to patsfags,com where the rest of the frontrunner fans of cheating in football live?

Banned
    I agree with the OP. It's hard to really talk football when you don't have an offseason to improve your team. It's not only sad for the league but it's sad for the Jets. We finally have a real SB contender, two consecutive trips to the AFCCG, all types of players would love to play under Rex Ryan.... And the NFL hits us with a lockout? Just our luck.

I usually have fun during the offseason and honestly? I can't even focus on the draft right now. I just want this to come to an end so I can enjoy the Jets again.

All I can say is thank god for the Knicks :D Cant wait until tomorrow! I feel like it's the day before Christmas or the Jets are on the verge of playing the Patriots or Colts... It's an amazing feeling and if not for the Knicks and now baseball season... I really have no idea how I could deal with this lockout without just quitting on the NFL.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;4002245]dump[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;4002292] commenting inanely on every post.

[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;4002295]I really have no idea how I could deal with this lockout without just quitting on the NFL.[/QUOTE]

What about camping? You'll always have that.

Or you could lay down some vocals for: "GetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaidGetPaid2.

it really does...

and i was thinkign before, that when this scenario is finally resolved and players can be signed, it's going to seriously hinder the jets IMO because of the potential huge turnover...these news aren't going to have a chance to get an on board w/ the system and the jets may be forced to bring guys back for 1 year that they wouldn't have wanted to.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm concerned about the Rays shaky middle relief

Jets Insider VIP
    shocking news alert

all 32 NFL teams will have exactly the same personnel problems the Jets do

tape at 11

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4002490]shocking news alert

[B]tape at 11[/B][/QUOTE]

christ man, how old are you?

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4002498]christ man, how old are you?[/QUOTE]

At least he didn't cite a newsreel preceeding a Cary Grant double feature.

[QUOTE=sg3;4002490]shocking news alert

tape at 11[/QUOTE]

you don't say...

the jets have a tremendous amount of FA's more then the majority of teams...so their turnover and personell changes are particularly instrumental...

tape is up your ass

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4002711]you don't say...

the jets have a tremendous amount of FA's more then the majority of teams...so their turnover and personell changes are particularly instrumental...

tape is up your ass[/QUOTE]

Don't confuse him with facts. Especially ones concerning football.:cool:

With the current CBA so up in the air, this is not a good year to have so many starters and important role players hitting free agency. Who knows how long each team is going to have to sort this all out once a new agreement is finally in place. Making it harder still, is having to execute a draft strategy without knowing what holes are going to need filling. What a freakin' mess.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4002766]With the current CBA so up in the air, this is not a good year to have so many starters and important role players hitting free agency. Who knows how long each team is going to have to sort this all out once a new agreement is finally in place. [B]Making it harder still, is having to execute a draft strategy without knowing what holes are going to need filling. What a freakin' mess.[/B][/QUOTE]

It won't be as arbitrary as a shot in the dark, but I can't imagine the odds of hitting on a pick that addresses a need are gonna be that much better.
    Last edited by RageATL; 04-18-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;4002295]I agree with the OP. It's hard to really talk football when you don't have an offseason to improve your team. It's not only sad for the league but it's sad for the Jets. We finally have a real SB contender, two consecutive trips to the AFCCG, all types of players would love to play under Rex Ryan.... And the NFL hits us with a lockout? Just our luck.

I usually have fun during the offseason and honestly? I can't even focus on the draft right now. I just want this to come to an end so I can enjoy the Jets again.
    [/QUOTE]

+1, feel the same way.

Now, kill me. :D